PDA

View Full Version : which lines deserve to be an Hour+??

Napsto
05-26-2001, 04:46 PM
what rides do you guys think deserve to ba an hour? 90 minutes??? i think splash and space warrent there long lines but i don't know about others like autopia.

Niwel
05-26-2001, 05:56 PM
Having waited nearly two hours for both Rocket Rods and Splash Mountain when they first opened...I can honestly say that NO RIDE is worth 2 hours!

I've been to the park in January/Feb/March mid week and have become so spoiled by the lack of lines that when I go now, even 45 minutes feels too long.

If they ever open the Tower of Terror hotel at DCA I think I might wait two hours to go on it.

lisap
05-26-2001, 06:12 PM
Exactly, there is no reason for anyone to wait that long for a ride--especially with fastpass for the big rides. I'm with Niwel--I rebel against going to Disneyland in the summer. The winter months are so nice and mellow--no line in sight.
:)

Mandrake Linux
05-26-2001, 10:19 PM
Captain EO. LOL its not closed I say! It still exists! Ahhhh!!! Ok ok so what if it's closed?!? Submarine:confused: .....UUGGGHHHH!!! That's closed too! Damn you Paul! Grrrr...:mad:

RedSquirrel
05-30-2001, 01:37 AM
When I went to DL and DCA last week, the queues were only like 5-30 minutes. I think I saw a 60 minute wait on california soaring, but we got a fast past for that and when we came back later it had changed to 30 min anyway.

Therefore, we didnt use fast past much..maybe once each day we went (3 days).

Also, wasnt just disney...universal studios lines were pretty short as well.

Uncle Dick
02-07-2002, 03:58 PM
Star Tours, Roger Rabbit and Indy, just so you can check out their awesome queues.

Doodle Duck
02-07-2002, 04:12 PM
Do you realize that during a ONE HOUR wait in any ride line at DL, you could be entertained with the ENTIRE film "Dumbo"?

Wait 2 hours at Jurassic park at USH and you could watch on the monitors the ENTIRE "JURASSIC PARK" movie!
A little perspective on entertainment value vs. time spent.

Lines suck.

hbquikcomjamesl
02-07-2002, 04:14 PM
Even the attractions with really nice queueing areas shouldn't actually BE more than a half-hour wait. But I definitely think Roger Rabbit needs to have its queueing area rerouted so that the switchbacks in the "garage" come before the "walk through the back alleys of Toontown at night," and so that everybody INCLUDING the fastpass guests goes through the latter. The way the queue currently piles up outside the door, then waltzes through the part of the queue that's actually "good show," then piles up again in the garage, is LAME!!!

2CN
02-08-2002, 01:55 AM
I agree with those who say that a line that is 45 minutes feels too long- a 45 minute wait now feels like a 3 hour wait did for Rocket Rods.. oh the memories! (I still can't believe I waited not once, not twice, but three times in three hour lines for that ride!)

justagrrl
02-08-2002, 11:35 AM
No ride.

Having said that - I remember standing in line for hours upon hours as a teenager. How did I bear it?

I have no patience for waiting in line that line - or dealing with the crowds that those sort of lines bring. All those people...they make me cranky.

Gemini Cricket
02-08-2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Mandrake Linux
Captain EO. LOL its not closed I say! It still exists! Ahhhh!!! Ok ok so what if it's closed?!? Submarine:confused: .....UUGGGHHHH!!! That's closed too! Damn you Paul! Grrrr...:mad:

Ah, whatever happened to good ol' Mandrake Linux? Anyone?
:confused:

I don't mind waiting in line for Indy. There's a lot to look at.
But now, with FastPass, it's nice to just buzz through many of the E ticket lines.
Splash has to be the hardest wait. It's hot, it moves slow and there's not a whole lot to look at in line...

Uncle Dick
02-08-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by DisneyLad

Ah, whatever happened to good ol' Mandrake Linux? Anyone?
:confused:

Banned. (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=20248)

DisneylandKid
02-09-2002, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by 2CN
I agree with those who say that a line that is 45 minutes feels too long- a 45 minute wait now feels like a 3 hour wait did for Rocket Rods.. oh the memories! (I still can't believe I waited not once, not twice, but three times in three hour lines for that ride!) me too

mad4mky
02-09-2002, 10:07 AM
NO LINE is a GOOD LINE!:D

MammaSilva
02-09-2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by mad4mky
NO LINE is a GOOD LINE!:D
Amen!