PDA

View Full Version : The Mickey's Halloween Treat attractions.

CmHyperion
09-11-2006, 11:01 PM
Says on the website for Mickey's Halloween Treat:

"Amazing attractions to get you spinning, looping and free-falling!"

Anyone know which attractions, specifically, they are talking about?

tigga please
09-12-2006, 12:45 AM
Says on the website for Mickey's Halloween Treat:

"Amazing attractions to get you spinning, looping and free-falling!"

Anyone know which attractions, specifically, they are talking about?

freefalling would be ToT, looping would be screamin, and spinning would either be the orange zinger or the tea cups. but i would assume theyre talking strictly DCA.

SDMom
09-12-2006, 09:09 AM
Does anyone know if the kids get to "trick or treat" at all?

GrouchoMarx
09-12-2006, 09:21 AM

Last year, they had several stations set up throughout DCA. If memory serves, there was some sort of map with an image of a candycorn marking each location. The kids just queued up and got candy...lots of candy. I'm guessing they'll do the same this year.

adriennek
09-12-2006, 09:46 AM
Yes, there will be trick or treating and midway games.

Adrienne

outlaw8
09-12-2006, 09:50 AM
And Stickers!!!!!

SDMom
09-12-2006, 11:05 AM
Sounds fun. I can't wait!

ChipmunkStar
09-12-2006, 11:07 AM
And Characters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Just getting into the eclamation point spirit ;) )

SDMom
09-12-2006, 11:11 AM
How are the queues for the Characters? Organized and efficient like Ariel or insane like Mickey at the front entrance of DL?

ChipmunkStar
09-12-2006, 12:04 PM
Depends on the character... I remember last year there were some characters that were wandering aorund and visiting (Peter Pan, Wendy, Lilo, Stitch, JoJo, etc.), and some were in photo locations (The Queen, Mickey, Minnie, Donald...)

Just think of it as another day in the park ;)

Karin
09-12-2006, 12:30 PM
Yes, there will be trick or treating and midway games.

Adrienne

ak - is this for certain? I saw in last week's Update that the midway games are going to be closed as of the end of Sept. for the renovation of the area. I started a thread about whether the games would be open for free and giving out candy as they did last year. Didn't really get a firm yes or no.

olegc
09-12-2006, 01:23 PM
Depends on the character... I remember last year there were some characters that were wandering aorund and visiting (Peter Pan, Wendy, Lilo, Stitch, JoJo, etc.), and some were in photo locations (The Queen, Mickey, Minnie, Donald...)

Just think of it as another day in the park ;)

the lines for the official photo ops were REALLY long...

adriennek
09-12-2006, 02:33 PM
ak - is this for certain? I saw in last week's Update that the midway games are going to be closed as of the end of Sept. for the renovation of the area. I started a thread about whether the games would be open for free and giving out candy as they did last year. Didn't really get a firm yes or no.

I remember your thread. They've been planned to be open. This is Disney. It is entirely possible that the people that coordinate closures didn't talk to the people who planned the event. ;)

Adrienne

Alex S.
09-12-2006, 02:38 PM
Well, the exact date of the closure isn't announced though I was told it would be by the end of the fiscal year that is an easy date to slide.

Also, even if they close it during regular hours actual work on the area may not happen for a while allowing them to be used in the evenings.

cstephens
09-12-2006, 04:22 PM

Not just the kids - *everyone* gets to trick or treat!

mowsluver
09-12-2006, 04:33 PM
I understand that adults can dress up too, and I am wondering....have any adults ever been 'turned away' because of their costume? What are the rules governing what you can and can't wear. I [I]DO[I] understand nothing scary, etc, but just curious...
What are some of YOU guys and gals wearing?????

ChipmunkStar
09-12-2006, 04:47 PM
I think the guidelines are probably similar to WDW's version... here are their guidelines sent to guests attending Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party:

Children are encouraged to attend the party in costume.

FOR THE SAFETY OF YOUR CHILD AND OTHERS, PLEASE ADHERE TO THE GUIDELINES BELOW.

Halloween costumes should NOT:
Obstruct the guest's view or interfere with their ability to board/unload from attractions and/or the Walt Disney World Resort transportation system (including monorails, ferry boats and motorcoaches).
Drag on the ground.
Contain sharp or pointed objects or material that may accidentally stike another guest.
Be offensive to other guests.
Contain any weapons which resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.

Also, I think any really really good version of Disney Princesses etc. are ruled out as well. You really wouldn't believe how good some homemade costumes can be... Basically, Disney doesn't want anyone posing as an official park character as they could a: do or say something very un-Disney, and b: they don't want the kids getting confused as to who the REAL Cinderella/Snow White/Jasmine, etc. is.

Pammer
09-13-2006, 06:59 AM
Another word about the trick-or-treat stations: last year they were all over DCA, and the lines grew shorter as you moved towards the back of the park (Paradise Pier).

Also, we walked onto Soarin' first thing...absolutely no waiting there (everyone was standing in line for candy and characters!). We also rode Screamin', Mulholland Madness, and Tower of Terror (twice!), also with no lines, as well as took in a performance of Turtle Talk with Crush.

My great niece (6) and niece (18) were dressed as Belle and Jessica Rabbit respectively, and we all had a great time!

adriennek
09-13-2006, 07:40 AM
Another word about the trick-or-treat stations: last year they were all over DCA, and the lines grew shorter as you moved towards the back of the park (Paradise Pier).

They're going to have more stations this year, so hopefully that will help ease some of the congestion, too.

Adrienne

kohl
09-13-2006, 08:53 AM
Anyone can dress up for the Halloween Treat in DCA.
If you are 10 years or older, you cannot go into Disneyland in costume.

SDMom
09-13-2006, 09:06 AM
That is so funny about "really good version of Disney Princesses etc. are ruled out as well". What if I just naturally look like cruella or one of the ugly step sisters?

hefferdude
09-13-2006, 10:17 AM
That is so funny about "really good version of Disney Princesses etc. are ruled out as well". What if I just naturally look like cruella or one of the ugly step sisters?

or mad Madam Mimm !!:eek:

BlkPearlCptn
09-13-2006, 06:50 PM
Also, I think any really really good version of Disney Princesses etc. are ruled out as well. You really wouldn't believe how good some homemade costumes can be... Basically, Disney doesn't want anyone posing as an official park character as they could a: do or say something very un-Disney, and b: they don't want the kids getting confused as to who the REAL Cinderella/Snow White/Jasmine, etc. is.

Actually, I've seen pics of some Princess costumes (and other Disney costumes) that were actually Much MUCH better made and worn than the "official" ones that were at Halloween Haunt last year. The wording that came with my tix said that if you wore a Disney Costume that you "cannot pose for pictures with guests or have your picture taken with a guest. You can not sign autographs" Ok, the signing autographs is understandable AND not representing yourself as a Disney employee, but how do you keep guests from taking your pic? ANd does this mean that we can't pose for pics with our own group? (acutally the Disney people couldn't answer that one LOL) But regarding accurate costumes..with our PotC group alone, the good Captain has over $6,000 invested in his outfit (complete with frock coat and custom made cane AND a number of accurate pieces of the original costume) and Will has about $4,000 in his. (will be MUCH more if he decides to wear the wedding outfit.). The fancier Sparrow outfit is being worn as to NOT be confused with the official Disney character. When our group called down, we were told the outfits were no problem, that "anyone can dress as a Disney character" just adhere to the rules above. So, I believe that dressing as a Disney Princess isn't going to be a problem. (And if they ban one type of outfit.. then they are going to have to ban them all or open themselves up to one 'ell of a lawsuite by irate park goers...not us..we will just throw on our Jedi's..but ...nothing is posted about not wearing a "good" outfit)
INMO