PDA

View Full Version : High School Musical pep rally?

kjhgarden
09-11-2006, 06:27 PM
Anyone know anything about this? On another site there was a thread about a High School Musical pep rally coming to DCA this October but no definite date yet. DCA was scaling down Block Party Bash because the same cast members where going to do both BPB and High Schoo Musical was also reported. Darkbeer?? Anyone?? My kids LOVE the movie and the music we've seen it to many times to count, and we just got the piano music in the mail they would go crazy over this! Hoping if it is true it starts by Oct. 12.

dznyphreak
09-11-2006, 07:04 PM
From the Sept. 5 DLR Update:

...A new piece of street entertainment will be coming to DCA next month (probably beginning October 2) called "High School Musical Pep Rally." The details on what exactly this will be aren't clear. Though some rumors suggest it will replace Block Party Bash as DCA's Main Parade, this almost certainly isn't correct. Whatever it is, it will involve some kind of caravan moving along the parade route playing the popular songs from the Disney Channel's smash hit kid's movie High School Musical. Apparently the audience will be able to sing and dance along. Perhaps it will be a Rocky Horror Picture Show for tweeners. Since many of the dancers used for this show also perform in the Block Party Bash parade, it helps explain why, beginning September 8, a slimmed-down version of the parade will begin performing.

nvmom
09-12-2006, 07:13 AM
I'm curious how this goes too. My girls love, love, love High School Musical! They'll be over the top to see this "Pep Rally."

nvmom

yellowrosedtxn
09-12-2006, 08:02 AM
I know they said (in the update) that this came from WDW. My daughter wanted to know will they still have this pep rally thing next summer at WDW? (I know, put this question in the WDW side of things, but I thought I would try here first.)

Thanks.

Shelley

ChipmunkStar
09-12-2006, 09:06 AM
Actually, I'm pretty sure WDW's version hasn't opened yet either...

kjhgarden
09-12-2006, 11:13 AM
From the Sept. 5 DLR Update:

...A new piece of street entertainment will be coming to DCA next month (probably beginning October 2) called "High School Musical Pep Rally." The details on what exactly this will be aren't clear. Though some rumors suggest it will replace Block Party Bash as DCA's Main Parade, this almost certainly isn't correct. Whatever it is, it will involve some kind of caravan moving along the parade route playing the popular songs from the Disney Channel's smash hit kid's movie High School Musical. Apparently the audience will be able to sing and dance along. Perhaps it will be a Rocky Horror Picture Show for tweeners. Since many of the dancers used for this show also perform in the Block Party Bash parade, it helps explain why, beginning September 8, a slimmed-down version of the parade will begin performing.

Is this DLR Update straight from Disney itself? My kids will be so excited, but I better not say anything to them in case it is not running by the 13th of October, then they would be very disappointed.

dznyphreak
09-12-2006, 04:22 PM
It's on Mouseplanet's update. I don't know the source.

averagedork
09-12-2006, 05:08 PM
I'll be the 25 year old singing along.

"Wildcats everywhere... that's the way we do it, let's get to it. Everyone!" Embarassed.

ChipmunkStar
09-12-2006, 05:12 PM
I'll be the 25 year old singing along.

"Wildcats everywhere... that's the way we do it, let's get to it. Everyone!" Embarassed.

you forgot the "come on" before "Everyone!" ;)

averagedork
09-12-2006, 05:56 PM
you forgot the "come on" before "Everyone!" ;)
I sing it with preschoolers... you know it's like "to-gefer, w're dere fer evefyones." I am lucky I got it that right.

My preschool girls, some of them are already changing crushes. Originally it was all about Prince Eric. Some are coming to the realization that Troy is going to marry them. And it's cute because Zac Effron is like 12 right now.

Bolivar
09-12-2006, 06:29 PM
You are joking about him being 12, right?

averagedork
09-12-2006, 06:41 PM
You are joking about him being 12, right?

Yeah. I am being silly. He's like 18, but... I had this conversation with a mom at my school who was FREAKING out because her 4 year old went to her cousin's for a slumber party and suddenly came saying "I'm gonna' marry Troy from the Musical." So we had this conversation about it and how it's normal that little girls say that and such. And I was like "plus with that hair he looks like the 12 year olds lately." So the joke at my preschool is "Hey it's okay to like Zac. He's 12."

Bolivar
09-12-2006, 07:16 PM
You're talking four-year-olds. My daughter is nine. Imagine how many times that DVD has been played in our house. And how often he CD has been on in the car.

Although today I would welcome it. When we went to DL last month, my wife took her to the American Girl store and they saw a show and bought the CD from the show. Now that is the only thing on all the time.

ChipmunkStar
09-12-2006, 07:49 PM
You know... this thread really makes me wonder what I've repeatedly subjected my mom to when I was that age...

The first obsessions I can think of are Aladdin and My Little Pony... Sorry mom...

HSM
09-24-2006, 07:25 AM
Come on out to Disney California Adventure to see High School Musical Pep Rally...Opening day: Oct.6! It is an interactive show featuring Hit Songs and Moves from the Movie.

stagemomx3
09-24-2006, 07:32 AM
I don't see it on the event calendar for the 6th of October. Is it a pre parade thing like Cars or it's own seperate event. How do we know when and where it will be? I'm really hoping it will be running when we are there Oct. 31st- Nov. 4th my kids love HSM!

HSM
09-28-2006, 09:10 PM
The show times will listed on the show schedule that you recieve at the park. Expect the times to be around 11am, 1pm, and 3pm. Each set time will have 2 performances of the show.

kjhgarden
09-29-2006, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the info, I was hoping it would start before we got there. My kids will be so excited to see it. We will be there a Friday and Monday, will it be performed everyday?

newportbeachbumz
09-30-2006, 06:44 AM
You know... this thread really makes me wonder what I've repeatedly subjected my mom to when I was that age...

The first obsessions I can think of are Aladdin and My Little Pony... Sorry mom...

LOL - I have an apology for my mother too... "Grease" - mini productions at my house everyday - and playing the music over and over and over....... Yikes. ok... I'm old

ghoofie
10-30-2006, 12:41 PM
Ashley Tisdale just crossed the street walking in front of my daughter's apartment in North Hollywood.

Rteneyck
10-30-2006, 02:47 PM
does anyone know if they will be offering this in December? I don't see it on the calendar for December.

meandthree
10-31-2006, 06:37 AM
We saw this last weekend and I must say it not only gave me a headache but my kids also. It did that little chant over and over and over and over well you get the picture. My kids finally asked if we could leave and every time my daughter heard it again she would say we are not going over there!