PDA

View Full Version : Thursday October 19th - why sold out?

miss bianca
09-11-2006, 05:07 PM
Anyone know why almost every Thursday (but not Friday) in Oct would be sold out? The Halloween Event isn't until Friday so I don't know why 1 night would be sold out and not the other.

I've checked Expedia the past few weeks and it hasn't changed.

mi_mous
09-11-2006, 08:37 PM
I checked it out all the way back in May. I was wondering the same thing, since I had a hard time finding anything, and ended up giving up.

dsnydon
09-11-2006, 09:21 PM
Mickey Halloween Treat:)

mi_mous
09-11-2006, 09:23 PM
Mickey Halloween Treat:)

It's not until the next day though, Thursday is sold out, not Friday.

adriennek
09-12-2006, 09:44 AM
Anyone know why almost every Thursday (but not Friday) in Oct would be sold out? The Halloween Event isn't until Friday so I don't know why 1 night would be sold out and not the other.

I've checked Expedia the past few weeks and it hasn't changed.

Uhm, what's sold out?

Adrienne

Frogberto
09-12-2006, 11:00 AM
Expedia? You don't get tickets for the Halloween Haunt from Expedia? Are you talking about a particular hotel, maybe? Huh?

mi_mous
09-12-2006, 11:02 AM
Expedia? You don't get tickets for the Halloween Haunt from Expedia? Are you talking about a particular hotel, maybe? Huh?

Hotel is what I thought she was talking about, cause I have had trouble finding a hotel (particularly Hyatt) that was not booked in October.

Darkbeer
09-12-2006, 11:11 AM
I just did a search on Travelaxe, and came up with a lot of hotels available, and the prices are low, doesn't look like an event in the area.

Maybe Disney is hosting something for itself, or maybe travel agents...

The Anaheim Hilton is listed at $112 a night....

Thru resellers, all the Disney hotels are available, but not for cheap..

PPH - $295

DLH - $372

GCH - $378

hlbtimes2
09-12-2006, 11:30 AM
I read something, sorry dont remember where, that Disney was trying to control what days people are checking in. By limiting Thursdays, it limits how many people are coming to stay Thur- Sunday on the 4th night free special. It forces people to use 4 days that aren't just the prime weekend time. I have no idea where the info came from and if it is legit or not.

cwillis
09-12-2006, 11:51 AM
there is a school break here in az on the 9 - 20 and a break in utah on the 12th and 13th

miss bianca
09-12-2006, 01:25 PM
Thanks everyone. Yes I was referring to Hotels.

hlbtimes2 -
I did notice when I called Disney Reservations and asked for 10/18-21 (wed through sat) they said no rooms were available BUT when I asked the same reservation agent for 10/17-21 (tues through sat) they had availability. Of course this was at the high $$$ as Darkbeer mentioned.

adriennek
09-12-2006, 02:12 PM
Thanks everyone. Yes I was referring to Hotels.

Which hotels?

I'm seriously not trying to be a pest. Is this all of the Disney properties? One particular property?

Last spring I saw people posting that "Everything" was sold out and the only property they could find online was something in the boonies for $120 a night. I started to panic because I needed a room for MA. It turned out that my AAA found a room for me at Hojo's for $70 a night. Needless to say, I was very happy (and relieved!)

Specifics will help people, vagueness can be confusing, that's all. :)

Adrienne

miss bianca
09-13-2006, 10:57 AM
PPH and DLH and sold out for Thurday. And per expedia GCH is not available Thurs or Friday

Darkbeer
09-13-2006, 11:44 AM
TripRes.com is showing availability for all three hotels (a reseller) for October 19th.

miss bianca
10-02-2006, 09:21 AM
So I just tried to book through Tripres.com since Expedia and all others are still showing DLH, GRAND and PPH as sold out for the night of 10/19.

WHAT A JOKE! It let's you book the whole thing, including entering your credit card # and then says:
"your itinerary request has been RECEIVED. This means that the request you made has reached TripRes.com, but something is preventing the system from automatically completing the itinerary. Your itinerary will be manually reviewed and processed, usually within 24 hours of being received."

So I called and guess what...all 3 hotels are sold out but would I be interested in another hotel.
That's pretty sneaky!!

So I'm back to square 1 with no Disney hotel for the night of 10/19!