PDA

View Full Version : HoJo entertainment discount? Help!

jennyren
09-11-2006, 01:36 PM
My mom is coming down to visit me the weekend of October 20-23rd. She's decided (much to my liking) that she wants to go to Disneyland over that weekend. So, me being the disney freak of the family :fez: , told her that I would take care of the room. I decided I wanted to stay at the Hojo because I've stayed there in teh past with some friends. I called Hojo and got a rate of $99 a night. So...I asked about the entertainment rate that I've heard about here. SHe gave me a rate of $54 a night. Now...I would LOVE to book a room at this rate...but how do I go about with the whole entertainment book thingy? I think I need to order something but...where do I get it from? How much is it? and is it worth it for me to buy a book just for this weekend?

If anyone can help me...its you guys! C'mon....help a college girl out!

samkj
09-11-2006, 01:43 PM
Here is the website to order the Entertainment book. http://www.entertainment.com/discount/home.shtml Prices vary by book coverage area.

jennyren
09-11-2006, 01:47 PM
okay...but which book do I buy? Do i need to buy one for Anaheim or what?

Dr. G
09-11-2006, 01:50 PM
An Entertainment book from any area will work--you have to have the card from inside the book with you when you check in. Our elementary school sells them as a fundraiser for $20, but I've heard you can find them cheaper sometimes. We get the book anyway for the other discounts, and I think it's worth the $20 even if you don't stay at Howard Johnson's. All you need is one night at HoJo's and you pay for the book.

We booked the same $54 rate for each night of our trip the week of November 26th. We've never stayed there, have heard good things, and are looking forward to it. The staff there have been great to deal with on the phone!

DangerMouse
09-11-2006, 04:31 PM
Or, you can buy the 2006 book, which they still show they have in limited supply. It's $12.99 + shipping, and is good through the end of November.

Have you asked friends and family if they have a card you can borrow? That'll be your cheapest route! ;)