PDA

View Full Version : cheapest way from John Wayne [SNA] to Disneyland for large group

HILNDKID
09-11-2006, 12:14 PM
There are 15 of us coming down in November and we have checked taxi's and limo's.
What is the cheapest way for 15 of us to get from John Wayne airport to Harbor BLVD?
Taxi's are about $40 for 4 of us, the limo quote I recevied was $250. Any other ideas?

Thank you for your help!

sleepyjeff
09-11-2006, 12:28 PM
Airport Bus would probably be your cheapest bet(I am not sure of exact prices though). Still, I would go with the Taxi. It's the easiest and fastest and the cost isn't really that much different.

Avoid Super Shuttle.

jamsandwich
09-11-2006, 12:30 PM
I always rent a car when I visit these days, but I think a service like Supershuttle might be good for such a large group.

http://www.supershuttle.com/htm/cities/lax.htm

Just a note, I've never used them, but they were one of the options I looked into for my first non-family trip to L.A. because I had some specific transportation needs, but I wound up going with a larger bus line (Airportbus?) because they managed to accommodate my needs (this included diverting a bus going from Universal to Anaheim to pick me up in downtown L.A. toward the end of rush hour).

EDIT: They've got a fare calculator on their site. From SNA to Disneyland hotel, to book two vans (a 9-person van plus a 7-person van), it would be $114 each way: $67+$47

The fare quote link is included in the link above.

CandiBell
09-11-2006, 12:54 PM
The SuperShuttle we used to DLR was good, but on the way back it was a nightmare. The company gave us a window of time to be there, and the driver did not want to honor that. We arrived to depart, and it put us through all these hoops saying he wasn't going to take us because we were "late." Ultimately we did go with him, but in the future I think I'll avoid the Supershuttle, because apparently it is luck of the draw on whether or not it will be good or bad.

Bolivar
09-11-2006, 01:16 PM
I would not rely on any kind of online fair calculator nor on reports about delays. I would call places like Supershuttle and Airporter directly. You have a large enough group to take over a small bus. So they will likely give you a good rate and they won't be picking up others and dropping them off at other hotels.

You have a big enough group to charter something. The question is where do you go to charter buses? I don't know.

sleepyjeff
09-11-2006, 03:12 PM
You could spend hours on the phone making arrangements with a charter to save a couple of bucks, it's true...or you can simply walk off the plane, pick up your luggage then walk a hundred feet(if that) to waiting taxis....they will take you directly to your hotel, they are always there(no wondering where your charter is) and they won't yank you around on your return trip like supershuttle.

It's your vacation; you should not have to worry about your ride.

:)

Bytebear
09-11-2006, 03:17 PM
You could spend hours on the phone making arrangements with a charter to save a couple of bucks, it's true...or you can simply walk off the plane, pick up your luggage then walk a hundred feet(if that) to waiting taxis....they will take you directly to your hotel, they are always there(no wondering where your charter is) and they won't yank you around on your return trip like supershuttle.

It's your vacation; you should not have to worry about your ride.

:)

I absolutely agree. With 14 people, you can get a taxi van and fit the whole group depending on luggage and how crammed you don't mind it being. It will be cheaper and easier than anything else, and they are quite common. You can call the cab company at the airport if you don't see one at the curb. Do not get in 4 regular cabs though, it will cost you four times as much.

samkj
09-11-2006, 03:54 PM
Hijacking the thread to ask... what about wheelchair accessible shuttles? We can get a private, accessible Supershuttle van for $47 each way. For 5 people this isn't a bad price. I would prefer to just go with a taxi, but our daughter(8 years) can not sit on her own, so we either need her car seat (NO WAY am I dragging that thing on the plane, its huge and weighs a ton) or her to be able to stay in her wheelchair (it has van/bus tie downs.) Any idea who offers wheelchair van service??

sleepyjeff
09-11-2006, 08:15 PM
http://www.ocair.com/terminal/passengerservices.htm

Reservations for taxi or shuttle transportation are not needed. These services are offered in the Ground Transportation Center, which can be easily reached by crossing the signal light near the John Wayne Statue. Taxi or shuttle coordinator are available for assistance with transportation needs. For faster service, it is recommended to make reservations for wheelchair accessible van.

http://www.ocair.com/groundtransport/taxis.htm

Mooshu
10-05-2006, 09:13 AM
Does supershuttle have car seats for kids that you can request? Or will we have to bring our own.

Thanks

my3girls
10-05-2006, 09:48 AM
We've used the Airport Bus each time for our party of 7 and will continue to do so in the future. It's a simple matter of grabbing luggage and heading out to the bus pickup area. Don't have to worry about carseats either.

wishIwasthe_Mouse
10-05-2006, 09:51 AM
Well The cheapest way woiuld be to walk :P but that would be a long walk.

Hope you find what your looking for and that you all have a good time

Bounty8111
10-10-2006, 02:24 PM
Just a quick question on this topic..

Anyone know the average one way cab fare from orange county airport to the disneyland maingate/harbor blvd. hotels area?

Thanks!

Darkbeer
10-10-2006, 03:06 PM
Just a quick question on this topic..

Anyone know the average one way cab fare from orange county airport to the disneyland maingate/harbor blvd. hotels area?

Thanks!

Ask for the FLAT rate, $35 plus tip.