PDA

View Full Version : Best coffee in Disneyland

Pages : [1] 2

higcat
09-11-2006, 09:59 AM
Please help out a caffeine addicted woman by letting me know where I can get a really good cup of coffee on site! I love a good strong coffee in the morning and am willing to wait until I get into Disneyland and/or California Adventure. We aren't staying at any of the Disney hotels and would prefer not to have to go to one of the restaurants inside their hotels, as I want to get a good start in the parks first thing in the mornings. Thanks so much. :)

GrouchoMarx
09-11-2006, 10:44 AM
Please help out a caffeine addicted woman by letting me know where I can get a really good cup of coffee on site! I love a good strong coffee in the morning and am willing to wait until I get into Disneyland and/or California Adventure. We aren't staying at any of the Disney hotels and would prefer not to have to go to one of the restaurants inside their hotels, as I want to get a good start in the parks first thing in the mornings. Thanks so much. :)

I preface my response by telling you I'm not much of a coffee drinker. So that said, I believe all the coffee in DL is provided by Nestle'/Nescafe'. I would guess it's all brewed the same way. If there are 'specialty' coffees available at either park, I don't know.
I'm pretty sure White Water Snacks at the GCH has specialty coffees and they're open for breakfast. The LaBrea Bakery in DTD is open early; you can get a cup of coffee there that would probably suit your needs, I bet.

sierranevada
09-11-2006, 10:49 AM
Compass Rose Bookstore in DTD serves Peets!

DangerMouse
09-11-2006, 10:50 AM

I am a coffee drinker, and have yet to find a good cup of coffee in or near DLR. :( Therefore, we always bring our own beans/grinder and coffee pot and brew our own in our hotel room. Yep, I'm a coffee snob, and proud of it. :p

DangerMouse
09-11-2006, 10:51 AM

You know, I heard that, but it's such a far walk unless you are staying at the DLH.

nemdpa
09-11-2006, 10:59 AM
Good to know where to get Peet's Coffee. I'm not a drinker but my husband is and loves Peet's. I may just be nice and run and get him a cup when we are there in Oct.

Spazz
09-11-2006, 11:39 AM
Haagan Daz in DTD has the best imho.

Rhiannon8404
09-11-2006, 12:02 PM
Oh, that is good to know!

stan4d_steph
09-11-2006, 12:10 PM
Baker's Field Bakery in DCA has good coffee. It's the only "in park" coffee that is decent. They have a few different blends to choose from.

tunaman68
09-11-2006, 01:28 PM
I'd second the LaBrea Bakery at DTD. Not sure of the brand, but it's hot and fresh. Get it from the store, or from the cart they have across the sidewalk.

You can grab it on the way from DH to the front gates of both parks.

The smell of the coffee brewing will lead you right to it!!

At the DH, they used to have a pastry/coffee shop in the bottom of the building where the convention center is. Haven't been there in a while to verify that it's still there. Kids can get milk and sweets, and parents can get the morning fix!!

Frogberto
09-11-2006, 02:01 PM
We had a great cup of coffee yesterday at Granville's Steakhouse for breakfast. Not sure what brand it was, but it was really excellent, and delicious.

Leap for Joy
09-11-2006, 02:43 PM
If you're driving (not flying) here's my suggestion: get a toddy cold brew system (link (http://www.toddycafe.com/)) and bring some with you. It makes coffee concentrate which you store in the refrigerator and add boiling water to. It tastes great and you can make it as strong as you like.

rosie
09-11-2006, 06:03 PM
I am a coffee drinker, and have yet to find a good cup of coffee in or near DLR. :( Therefore, we always bring our own beans/grinder and coffee pot and brew our own in our hotel room. Yep, I'm a coffee snob, and proud of it. :p

Oh..you're scaring me. My husband brings me an espresso latte every morning before I get out of bed. (That's just one of the reasons he's the greatest) I've already resigned myself that he's not coming with me on this upcoming trip but I was hoping against hope I'd find a great cup somewhere not too far....Guess the espresso machine will have to come with me too.:eek:
That problem solved...how will I function to make the coffee before I've had my coffee????

rentayenta
09-11-2006, 06:47 PM
You know, I heard that, but it's such a far walk unless you are staying at the DLH.

It's really close to the PPH too. :D

newhdplayer
09-11-2006, 08:12 PM
I'd second the LaBrea Bakery at DTD. Not sure of the brand, but it's hot and fresh. Get it from the store, or from the cart they have across the sidewalk.

!!

Good coffee, yes, indeedy, but not worth $3+ per cup!

My $ threshold for a "good" cup of coffee is currently at $1.70, no higher.

stagemomx3
09-11-2006, 08:44 PM
Good coffee, yes, indeedy, but not worth $3+ per cup!

My $ threshold for a "good" cup of coffee is currently at $1.70, no higher.

$3 a cup sounds pretty normal to me, of course I'm addicted to Starbucks.

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
09-11-2006, 08:49 PM
I preface my response by telling you I'm not much of a coffee drinker. So that said, I believe all the coffee in DL is provided by Nestle'/Nescafe'. I would guess it's all brewed the same way. If there are 'specialty' coffees available at either park, I don't know.

Even Club 33 has the Nescafe coffee now, and it is nasty! :mad:

I Heart Disneyland!
09-11-2006, 09:14 PM

That's good to know!! Thanks!

averagedork
09-12-2006, 06:05 AM
I like the coffee on Main Street.

tlovesdis
09-12-2006, 08:21 AM
I like the coffee at LaBrea Bakery!

cali-croozer
09-12-2006, 10:41 AM
The Market House on Main Street has good coffee and, if you keep your receipt, you can get free refills all day (don't have to keep the cup, just the receipt).

DangerMouse
09-12-2006, 10:57 AM
The Market House on Main Street has good coffee and, if you keep your receipt, you can get free refills all day (don't have to keep the cup, just the receipt).

The coffee on Main Street, is the same as the coffee you can find anywhere in the parks. It's Nescafe :p. Where's that gagging smiley? The only difference is that the Market House will turn it into a latte or mocha to make it a little more palatable. It's still NASTY coffee to begin with.

cali-croozer
09-12-2006, 11:42 AM
The coffee on Main Street, is the same as the coffee you can find anywhere in the parks. It's Nescafe :p. Where's that gagging smiley? The only difference is that the Market House will turn it into a latte or mocha to make it a little more palatable. It's still NASTY coffee to begin with.

They did have a flavored coffee when we were there, I think hazelnut. I thought it was good....................guess I'm not too picky about coffee ;)

ghoofie
09-12-2006, 09:07 PM
I like the coffee at LaBrea Bakery!

Well Antioch might like Labrea, but us Pittsburg people
like Main Street well enough.

Disnerd
09-13-2006, 09:46 AM
Correction. The coffee at Market House is not Nestcafe. It is the only location in the park that doesn't serve Nestcafe. They are serving the Mickey's Blend of coffees. This brand is private labeled for Disney by Farmer Brothers Coffee. Trust me. I use to have to unload and stock the stuff! My back still hurts. I think the best coffee is at Haagan Daas. It is Diedrichs coffee which is a local company in Irvine. http://www.diedrich.com/