PDA

View Full Version : Proposal Ideas? (merged)

LostBoy02
09-11-2006, 09:12 AM
Hi all first post but a long time reader and looking for some advice.

My girlfriend and I are both Disney fanatics. Our first date was at DLR and we go at least 4-5 times a year. We have a trip planned for the second week in November which I believe is 'off season'.

Our first day will still be considered mid-week so I'm curious to know if there will be any fireworks? I read that during reduced hours there usually isnt any but I also heard that they're going to be unveiling the new Christmas time fireworks show the day we arrive. Would that be a good time to Propose?

I'm also thinking in front of the Castle during the day so I can snag a photographer to capture the scene.

Are there any other times or places that would be ideal for a Marriage Proposal? Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks for the help

backsthepack
09-11-2006, 09:31 AM
I say in front of the castle is an amazing and truly wonderful idea! How romantic and special. Like Prince Charming! I so love this idea. But I would do it during the day. The natural lighting would be perfect for one of the photographers to capture the moment for you.

dsnyredhead
09-11-2006, 09:33 AM
Pick a spot in the park that is important to both of you...not necessarily the "popular spots".

Bytebear
09-11-2006, 02:19 PM
I think if you want something less visible, pick one of the princess spots. maybe have her sit on Arial's chair and propose there. Also, I think by the Wishing Well next to the castle is very pretty. You could also do it with Mickey right in Mickey's House. Just tell a cast member to set things up, and you will get a good photo op too!

Timmy13T
09-11-2006, 02:38 PM
i think those ideas are great but I think thr castle is a little too cliche if you want somthign original. look for a spot that means alot to both of you. I would say since that you guys went thier on your first date to disneyland, propose to her where you had your first kiss in disneyland. Just choose a non-busy spot that means alot to both of you.

GrouchoMarx
09-11-2006, 02:55 PM
I think thr castle is a little too cliche if you want somthign original...

Hey, how about at the top of the big drop of Splash Mountain...since you'll be 'taking the plunge' and all. :eek: :D

CarlieB
09-11-2006, 03:31 PM
Hey, how about at the top of the big drop of Splash Mountain...since you'll be 'taking the plunge' and all. :eek: :D

That's awesome - I love it!:)

RockDoc07
09-11-2006, 03:32 PM
Lost Boy-

The first thing I would check out if you really want to try something special is calling the group relations line for the park-- they also do something with engagements. I forget the exact name of it (Fairytale Engagements or something like that) that is apparently very hush hush but does exist. THey might be able to offer unique one-of-a-kind stuff and make it really special.

The next thing I would suggest is figuring out a way to snag a photographer for whatever you are going to be doing. Having them capture the exact moment is something super cool. I will say they also do not mind taking a photo with your personal camera. I gave the guy my digital camera and right before we took the picture I went over to make it look like I was fiddling with the settings on the camera and that is when I let him in on what to do. He took a few pictures with my camera but the actual photo of me getting down on my knee and the look on my fiancee's face was great to capture, which he did with his own camera. Then he actualy took a few more with my camera of me putting the ring on her and of us hugging, etc. All in front of the castle, with everyone applauding int he background, and she said that she will never forget it forever and has LOVED telling the story over and over.

Now, that being said, there are no photographers there in the evening. So if you want one of them, you'll have to do it during the day.

Whatever you choose, just remember to get down on your knee and everything else will take care of itself. :) I recommend just picking something that will lead to making for good memories, good fun, and good photos. Because you'll both love showing them to everyone.

Good luck!!!

Cool Runnings,
Doc

LostBoy02
09-11-2006, 03:40 PM
Wow you guys are amazing. So many great ideas! Luckly I have some time to mull this over. I'm leaning towards a daytime proposal because it would be ideal to have one of the CM's catch it on their cameras.

Thanks again!

adriennek
09-11-2006, 03:49 PM
I'd suggest Mickey's studio because there would be a photographer there but you'd have to find a way to talk to the CM at the doorway without her hearing.

I know someone posted a TR where he handed his camera to the photographer at the castle and pretended he was telling the guy how to use it, when he was actually explaining to the guy that he was about to propose so the Disney photogs were on it and snapped lots of pics.

Adrienne

ETA: Try searching this forum for "propose" and "proposal" - you should see a lot of hits

cpershing
09-18-2006, 08:18 AM
I want to propose to my girlfriend, and in December we are making a trip to disneyland. She loves disneyland alot, so I thought about proposing there, but I want it to be more than we're in disneyland and I drop to one knee. What I would want, would be like to have her arrive in Cinderella's carrage, she loves Cinderella, and maybe have her dressed up, and she can arrive in front of the castle, where I'm waiting for her, to propose. I don't know if something like this would be posible, but I thought it might be nice to at least try. If anyone knows if this would be possible, or knows someone I can contact, please feel free to email me at deferet@yahoo.com thanks :D

I Heart Disneyland!
09-18-2006, 01:58 PM
I would call the Disneyland Hotel, or somewhere. I honestly doubt you can get a carriage to bring her to the castle. I have seen weddings outside of DL itself, and at the hotel, and the bride in the carriage. I wish you the best of luck though.....how exciting!!!!!!!!

mistofviolets
09-18-2006, 02:39 PM
I would call the Disneyland Hotel, or somewhere. I honestly doubt you can get a carriage to bring her to the castle. I have seen weddings outside of DL itself, and at the hotel, and the bride in the carriage. I wish you the best of luck though.....how exciting!!!!!!!!

I'm thinking even if you did get a carriage to transport her...she'd know something was up ;)

Perhaps the two of you could take the horse drawn carriage up main street, and then you can help her down and drop to one knee?

Or call guest relations and perhaps set something up at one of the princess meet and greet spots to either side of the castle. Cinderella and her Fairy Godmother were wandering around a few weeks ago...Perhaps they could help...

There is a wishing well...you could bring her there, make a wish and then if she asks what...pull out the ring.

The Real Cinderella
09-18-2006, 03:50 PM
I was hoping you were my boyfriend ... I am obsessed with all things Disney, and aspire to be Cinderella. We have set a tentative engagement date for December. I would die if I were proposed to in Disneyland. Just die.

I hope that's a fake email you're using, and that you really are my honey ... haha!

RockDoc07
09-18-2006, 04:51 PM
Call group relations. I know this sounds weird, but they are also the same people that handle the secretive "fairytale engagements" (I think that's the name). When I went to City Hall and asked for help, that's the number they gave me. When I called it and got group relations, I went back to City Hall and told them and they agreed that it was group relations but that it was also the same number. So go ahead and give them a call. They might not be able to give you the carriage (and I do agree it might tip your hand a little early) but they are certainly full of ideas :)

GOOD LUCK!!

Cool Runnings,
Doc

SleepingBeauty101
09-18-2006, 05:34 PM
Disneyland is a great place for a marriage proposal. There are so many possibilities for proposals at Disneyland. First, I would definitely contact Disney’s Guest Relations Dept to see if they could arrange for something more private with a photographer close nearby. Here are a few more ideas for you. You could propose in front of the Sleeping Beauty Castle during the fireworks, or you could reserve the balcony seats for Fantasmic and could propose to her during or after the show. If you want something a little more private, take her to a nice dinner at one of the Disneyland hotels or at Downtown Disney. You could propose during dinner and have the waiter bring out the ring on a sliver platter with roses. Good luck!

averagedork
09-18-2006, 06:48 PM
I've heard horror stories proposing at Disneyland. Whatever you do, don't do it in front of a trash can, unless it's Push.

mistofviolets
09-18-2006, 07:19 PM
Disneyland is a great place for a marriage proposal. There are so many possibilities for proposals at Disneyland. First, I would definitely contact Disney’s Guest Relations Dept to see if they could arrange for something more private with a photographer close nearby. Here are a few more ideas for you. You could propose in front of the Sleeping Beauty Castle during the fireworks, or you could reserve the balcony seats for Fantasmic and could propose to her during or after the show. If you want something a little more private, take her to a nice dinner at one of the Disneyland hotels or at Downtown Disney. You could propose during dinner and have the waiter bring out the ring on a sliver platter with roses. Good luck!

One thing about Dinner...if you're the nervous sort, plan on proposing first and expect to eat light. Dh planned to propose during dessert, but couldn't get that far...and then was way too relieved to bother eating :D Everyone always shows people proposing over dinner...but...we agreed that in reality, butterflies and food don't mix LOL