PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report from annieb727... Sept 10-17

Pages : [1] 2 3

annieb727
09-10-2006, 05:15 PM
Hey everyone...it's so great to have internet access...I can actually do my trip report while I'm here :D.

Here's what's been going on so far:

Yesterday (September 9th) - I went to Portland (oregon) and stayed the night at the Holiday Inn by the Airport ($45 on priceline YAY!). It was nice. I soaked in their hot tub and relaxed a bit. That's pretty much it...nothing more to that day LOL.

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 10:

I got up at 4:00am to get to the airport and hopefully get a seat on the 6:40 flight from PDX to LAX. I got on the flight with no problems at all. I arrived about 8:45am into LAX and went to the baggage claim. I was really suprised at how small LAX seemed - I know I didn't walk thru the entire airport, but it wasn't really all that large...Seattle is (or seems) much larger.

Anyway, so I just miss the Disneyland Resort Express Bus - but I didn't realize I had - so this van pulls up - says something about "Disneyland Express" I asked "OH?! Are you the Disneyland Resort Express bus?" He said YES. I thought, oh, maybe they use vans early in the morning:rolleyes: . Silly me...so he comes and tells me how much it will be, I pulled out my coupon, and I said "No, it's $25 round trip with this coupon." Then he tells me this is not the disneyland resort express bus! Whatever....it was a SHUTTLE 2000 Van...so finally about 10:10am, the bus comes! YAY! I had to get off at the Disneyland Hotel and then wait for another bus to come get me because I am staying my first night over in Buena Park (priceline again - tho I am regretting this priceline deal - but I'll get to that in a sec). I arrived at the hotel about 11:40am.

The lobby is really neat looking here. I am at the Holiday Inn in Buena Park (7000 Beach Blvd). I got a handicapped room since that was the only room available with one bed...I told her I'd take whatever...it's just me anyway!

Check in was VERY swift and easy. We started talking and she asked if I was going to Disneyland. I said yes. She checked the shuttle schedule, the next shuttle wasn't until 3pm!!!! I said, WHAT?! I had just missed him...if the driver had waited like 5 minutes I could have run down to my room and run back - I was very dissapointed. So I decided to take the city bus to DL. I pulled out my little sheet that I printed out with some bus times (b/c I thought it MIGHT be a possibility that I would have to do this)...it was 11:50, and my sheet said the next bus was at 11:55...I had to hurry!! Thankfully it is just down the street (and across) and it goes to disneyland (no transfers or anything) and it was $1.25. Not too bad at all. I made it on that bus.

I made it to DL right around 12:30 - now, I hadn't had anything to eat yet today, so I decided to do that first. I got a corn dog from the cart on main street, and I got a cup of ice (for free) and she even told me the closest place to get water!!! That saved me almost $3.00!!! I walked over to get a FP for Space Mtn...and sat over there and ate my food. I started eating the chips while I was walking...too hungry.

Now I wasn't sure how things would go, with all of my foot problems, but I thought I'd check it all out and see what I could do. Well so far it was going GREAT.

I finished my food and decided to head to DCA - I'd come back later to ride Space...on my way out, I spotted a 10 minute wait on Buzz....so I went. I got 39,000 points...gotta work on that LOL.

Then I headed to DCA...I did quite a bit - got to use some single rider lines which proved very beneficial! I went to Grizzly River Run - wait time was only 5 minutes (I was following Ridemax and it said to get a FP, but I couldn't pass up a 5 minute wait). Next I did Soarin' Over California - I went twice...and was still ahead of the Ridemax schedule.

The second time I went on Soarin' - all of a sudden, right after we just started to lift off, the ride stopped...apparently someone climbed out of the seatbelt and ran off the ride...so we had to wait a bit.

Next I went on Tower Of Terror, then on Monsters (this is CUTE - had to take lots of pictures for my boys). Then Ridemax had me down to get FP for Screamin' but I did single rider and was on in less than five minutes! Woo-Hoo! Afterward, I decided to get a FP for this evening to come back and ride it at night. I stopped at a store along the area where all the games are and bought a visor - the sun was beating down and my sunglasses alone were not doing a lot of good. As I walked, I saw the Golden Zephyr coming to a stop and no line, so I ran to get in line...and was on in just a couple of minutes.

By this time it's about 3:40...I've been at the parks for almost three hours. I am noticing my feet are starting to hurt, but it's not too bad - hip is hurting a little, but I'm doing ok -- which was very surprising to me.

I called my friends who are taking care of my boys while I'm gone and we talk for about 20 minutes while I sit in the shade, buy and eat a frozen strawberry lemonade and watch the Cars preparade (I just HAPPENED to be there) - I'm not sure if that's what it's always like, but it was just Lightning McQueen and Maynard. I get off the phone and decide to go on Soarin' once more then I planned to head over to DL.

As soon as I got off of soarin...I can BARELY walk...extreme pain all of a sudden....the worst pain is in my hip. I have an ECV rental, but I don't get it until tomorrow when I check into the Disneyland Hotel. I consider renting an ECV at DL, but that along with my headache and being up since 4am, I decide to go back to the hotel and rest...

I called the hotel to find out when the next shuttle is - they tell me 6:15 and ask if I want a reservation for it. I said, "No! There's no way I can wait that long, I can barely walk. I'll have to take the bus." The guy said, "No...No...don't do that...we'll come get you." So around 5:00 the shuttle picked me up. So here I am at the hotel. I am going to try out the hot tub for my hip after I get some dinner. There's a Fuddruckers next door that I might go over and try...I'll update you guys later! I'm sure this is enough for now :)

annieb727
09-10-2006, 05:17 PM
Oh...and one thing I realized as I was leaving DL...I did NOT go on the Haunted Mansion:crying: And it closes tomorrow for the overlay. Very sad about that.

rentayenta
09-10-2006, 06:11 PM
Annie, it's so fun to read your report while you are still there!!!! I am sorry you are in pain. Time for room service! :D

annieb727
09-10-2006, 06:16 PM
I am sorry you are in pain. Time for room service! :D

thanks! i considered room service...but didn't like what was on their menu - so i waddled my way over to Fuddruckers right next door - it was quite good. the next few days should be better after I get the ECV :)

Crazy4DL
09-10-2006, 06:23 PM
I was thinking the same thing! FUN to read what is happening while you are there. :D

The EVC will make a huge difference. We used them part time last trip and what a difference!

Have tons of fun!!!!

DadandFamily
09-10-2006, 07:43 PM
7000 Beach Blvd. Wow. You are far away from DL. If you want to stay in walking distance without paying Disney prices, there are some motels that have pools and whirlpools on S West St.

S Disneyland Dr merges into S West St. Just South of W Katella Ave on S West St. (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?ovi=1&zoom=7&mapdata=OE4WNszgW9zMoUru%2bfxr0DwT0UxDcufkMDZEGigI 8GMLIYEeSg3XR6nC5tnpwlfPzjGUKLQQEMDHh6zkxNZQtuqo63 t9wUyXqzVi%2fmzP9nln5yru%2b6AGdKFDZsXUXZbzvKNyIImE Q4bms7DkApXt4ekAGvBQOE5%2bdWA3rE%2fbSEaFue13weyxkP 1n77W8xIEr4pbmOrKi1Ub6XZS3DCrgj9w8WlX1VA6r1XiJeJhb i6GKU65NIojKvRUns6IHZMQsDyoSYiMljbg39kazP%2fsXnGOd PLOgEXrZcM4zvSV0iAX7%2fzMYQJ4U2qDBCh7Mh5JV6BrFncHB kONHkW4N5ugkbbQKgTRDAGJy%2fMKDHf%2bC%2fin3iLntQe9V IhZT8hLmvkkedLP9UAdKqwuB%2fG8gIroIUlf4ROpXGXidG%2b hzHQPswneOLgccrSljVhpEMqJ7Zeu0W4BJrdY6nLkV8N4qyKy0 lxoPtthLqXygZinbVSyEHckUrtCvqAJOPAbWmWXbceYm%2f917 znGvAJfF6Hbl3fyZ04p8%2blQDsmXCP%2byye2wa%2fBeXdEF% 2fIMMN9DSFxO6ABMj9LaXf9cF337hH2COOq92MBLypTDbqFMRt sEY9vCNQsuWVEj6lRXuqXZS0KcHYsbzTOAfowm%2f4w%2fGYCu cR5P9U%2buI0J6ZYqTJDbOhFfmREay0EcbF12a%2bPLXCO385f DUslQ8SHnE6n%2fghauLqiaIzmscethsUhHK9YLcx%2bH9Kxe4 olmgiqpW7pTw%3d%3d#map1-link) are some motels that have pools and whirlpools. I'm not sure of the prices for these places, but you can walk to DL from them.

I'm glad you are enjoying your trip! Isn't just being at the park relaxing? What a fantastic place.

SeansMom
09-10-2006, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the trip report...sounds like fun (minus the pain). I'll look forward to reading more!

annieb727
09-10-2006, 09:09 PM
7000 Beach Blvd. Wow. You are far away from DL. If you want to stay in walking distance without paying Disney prices, there are some motels that have pools and whirlpools on S West St.

S Disneyland Dr merges into S West St. Just South of W Katella Ave on S West St. (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?ovi=1&zoom=7&mapdata=OE4WNszgW9zMoUru%2bfxr0DwT0UxDcufkMDZEGigI 8GMLIYEeSg3XR6nC5tnpwlfPzjGUKLQQEMDHh6zkxNZQtuqo63 t9wUyXqzVi%2fmzP9nln5yru%2b6AGdKFDZsXUXZbzvKNyIImE Q4bms7DkApXt4ekAGvBQOE5%2bdWA3rE%2fbSEaFue13weyxkP 1n77W8xIEr4pbmOrKi1Ub6XZS3DCrgj9w8WlX1VA6r1XiJeJhb i6GKU65NIojKvRUns6IHZMQsDyoSYiMljbg39kazP%2fsXnGOd PLOgEXrZcM4zvSV0iAX7%2fzMYQJ4U2qDBCh7Mh5JV6BrFncHB kONHkW4N5ugkbbQKgTRDAGJy%2fMKDHf%2bC%2fin3iLntQe9V IhZT8hLmvkkedLP9UAdKqwuB%2fG8gIroIUlf4ROpXGXidG%2b hzHQPswneOLgccrSljVhpEMqJ7Zeu0W4BJrdY6nLkV8N4qyKy0 lxoPtthLqXygZinbVSyEHckUrtCvqAJOPAbWmWXbceYm%2f917 znGvAJfF6Hbl3fyZ04p8%2blQDsmXCP%2byye2wa%2fBeXdEF% 2fIMMN9DSFxO6ABMj9LaXf9cF337hH2COOq92MBLypTDbqFMRt sEY9vCNQsuWVEj6lRXuqXZS0KcHYsbzTOAfowm%2f4w%2fGYCu cR5P9U%2buI0J6ZYqTJDbOhFfmREay0EcbF12a%2bPLXCO385f DUslQ8SHnE6n%2fghauLqiaIzmscethsUhHK9YLcx%2bH9Kxe4 olmgiqpW7pTw%3d%3d#map1-link) are some motels that have pools and whirlpools. I'm not sure of the prices for these places, but you can walk to DL from them.

I'm glad you are enjoying your trip! Isn't just being at the park relaxing? What a fantastic place.

Thanks for the tips...I am checking into the DL hotel tomorrow morning, but I just needed a place for my first night...tho for a DL trip I would never stay here again. It's a nice hotel - if you're going to take a trip to Knotts. Generally I stay within walking distance, and today it just reinforced the fact that I DO NOT like shuttles!!

TowerofTerror
09-10-2006, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the report those that went looks like you all had a good time. I wish I could go back to the park but cant for a little bit longer.

Disneymademoiselle
09-10-2006, 11:15 PM
Glad your enjoying yourself, annieb727!!! I can't wait to hear more:)

kikid
09-11-2006, 05:30 AM
Annie;
After reading your post I wish I had kept my 'single' reservation for tomorrow.
One of these days I'll head up to the park "all by myself!"
Have a wonderful time, and remember to rest, rest, rest, inbetween fun;)

annieb727
09-11-2006, 08:37 PM
I'm glad you are enjoying my trip reports...I think this is good to do every night...otherwise I'm going to forget it all!

Today is the five year anniversary of Sept 11th terrorist attacks...I feel a bit guilty for having fun today - but I did take a bit of silence and prayed for the families of those who were directly effected (I say directly because really, I think we were ALL effected by it).

Here's my trip report for today:

I got up at 5:00am to get to the Disneyland Hotel EARLY. My cab picked me up at 5:40am. I got checked in right away. They had a room available for me!! I’m on the 7th floor. I can see parts of DCA and bits of DTD as well as the Matterhorn. I got up to my room and it was only 6am! I was surprised they had something for me. Now, I did get a room with two queen beds and a daybed – but that’s fine with me. I was planning on Kathleen coming, so I wanted two beds. Now that she’s NOT coming, that’s alright. It’s fun to have the space.

I took a bunch of pictures of the room – the details in the wall paper in the bathroom & the details on the bedspreads. Really cool! I LOVE the TV cabinet – it’s SO cool with map of Disneyland on it. My breakfast reservations were for 7:30am, so I had plenty of time to unpack and get settled.

I went down to breakfast at Granville’s. Can I say it was SO good. I got the Two Times Four and Orange Juice. YUMMMY! I got the 20% discount special for Annual passholders. After breakfast I went to the Bell Desk and got my ECV – it’s much smaller than the ones at DL (at least from what I notice – I’ve never actually used the ones they have there). But it was VERY VERY nice to have going back to my room. My hip is still hurting quite a bit, and my feet are hurting more than they were yesterday. Very very very glad to have it :) .

I skipped out on going to DL this morning (and the Early Entry at 9am), I went to Knott’s Berry Farm this morning with some friends (they’re staying at the Desert Inn).

Knott’s was very empty…we were walking through the Ghost Town area and thought it really felt like a ghost town. We saw more employees than we did guests. A bunch of the rides were down: xelerator, ghost rider, bumper cars and a bunch other. We did a TON of rides there. And it was fun…but it most certainly was NOT Disneyland. We had a hard time finding any open rides when we first got there, so we ended up on the Mine Train ride (very dumb ride), then we went on the Log Ride. Next we hit the Boomerang 2 times (it was so dead there we didn’t even have to get off the ride!!). Big Foot rapids was next – 4 times. Then we had lunch at Johnny Rockets (terrible service, but good food). Then we went on the Jaguar three times, Montezuma’s revenge 4 times, Jaguar again two more times, Montezuma’s Revenge again 6 or 7 times. Then finally we decided to go on the Big Foot Rapids again – we ended up going on it 11 times in a row without getting off!! We were DRENCHED.

Then we went to the Disney Character Warehouse Outlet store – I was kind of disappointed. Things seemed so expensive – I means sure it’s LESS than at the parks, but since I’ve been to the one in Burlington, it’s just sad. Shirts that were in Burlington for about $5 would have been like $17 there. Needless to say I didn’t buy much.

I got back to the Disneyland Hotel around 7pm – and I thought “Cool…DL is open for another hour!” So I changed as fast as I could and was out the door. I was able to hit four rides (well three really, but one of them I went on twice). I was considering going to BTMMR first, but the parade was starting, so I was kind of forced into Tomorrowland. So I decided to hit Space Mtn…the sign said it was a 15 minute wait, but I was in an ECV, so I needed to use the Wheelchair entrance. Thankfully there was no line and I was able to get on in a few minutes. Then as I was getting off I asked the CM if I could go again and she said, “I don’t see why not.” So I got to go again!! YAY! My favorite ride…I was really bummed that I never did get to use my FP last night so I was super happy to get to go on Space TWICE! Then I headed across the park to Big Thunder Mtn RR. Got on that right away, considered asking if I could go again, but I saw another wheelchair approaching, so I decided to head out to Fantasyland. I went to Peter Pan and got on that – I think that and Dumbo are my favorite Fantasyland rides. When I got off, they had closed all the lines.

I decided then to head back to the hotel and find some dinner…I have the dining vouchers so eating at the hotel since the park was closed was the best option. I went to my room first – and realized that in my haste to get to Disneyland, I forgot my key! So I headed down to the front desk to get another one. I asked him which restaurants in the hotel were still open – he mentioned Crocs Bits & Bites, so I headed there and got some chicken strips and sprite – just LOTS of food…why do the make the portions so big!! I hate wasting food. It was pretty good – but I didn’t like the ranch they use (they use the Kraft kind).

Anyway, so here I am – 9:30pm…I’m EXHAUSTED. I wanted to go explore the grounds, but I think I need some sleep. I have Early Entry tomorrow and I’ve gone to bed LATE and been up EARLY two days in a row…I think I need some rest!

Have a good night everyone!

SeansMom
09-11-2006, 09:47 PM
It sounds like another magical day :). I'm glad you got to enjoy Knott's, too. And how cool is it that they had a room for you at 6:00 am!?!

Crazy4DL
09-11-2006, 09:50 PM
WOW!! what a day! Glad you had fun. Sure enjoy reading your daily report. Have fun at EE - one of my favorite things. :)

MammaSilva
09-11-2006, 10:02 PM
Wow a room at 6am? That gives me hope, in December our first day I plan to check in before 7am so we can hit the EE that day...we'll see how that goes! Loving the trip report!

rentayenta
09-12-2006, 05:24 AM
Annie- your report is really fun to read. That's awesome that you got into your room so early! I love early check-ins. Your view sounds great too. Did they upgrade for free or did you book a room with a view? I am hoping for an upgrade in December.

Can't wait to see what you do today!

yellowrosedtxn
09-12-2006, 05:36 AM
I love reading your trip report. It gives me hope that one day I will be able to go alone and actually have fun!

Thanks for writing!!!

Shelley

annieb727
09-12-2006, 09:21 PM
Annie- your report is really fun to read. That's awesome that you got into your room so early! I love early check-ins. Your view sounds great too. Did they upgrade for free or did you book a room with a view? I am hoping for an upgrade in December.

I paid for a room with a view...and I was totally surprised to get a room SO early it was VERY nice!

I'm so glad everyone is enjoying my trip report...it's really fun to do and it's a lot of fun to have people comment and stuff too :D.

Coming in a few minutes will be todays trip report...stay tuned :fez:

annieb727
09-12-2006, 10:11 PM
Tuesday, September 12th:

Today I got to sleep in! YAY! I woke up at 7:30 (alarm was set for 8:00, so I figure this is a GOOD thing). I know I tossed and turned alot because once I woke up and I was on my stomach with my arms underneath me in a very UNcomfortable position - weird. Then when I got up this morning, I realized that I was on the opposite side of the bed than I started out on. LOL.

I got ready and left my room by about 8:30, I remembered I didn't have any sunscreen, so I paid $10.24 for a small bottle of it down in the little store in the lobby...but it's better that totally frying my skin (I did get a little red today, but not too bad).

I cruised on over to Whitewater Snacks to try something there - GCH is beautiful...though it's quite a maze to get around! WOW! I got their Biscuit Sandwhich...didn't enjoy it all that well. All I could taste was the biscuits, so I ate the bacon out of it and one of the eggs. I ate it while I waited for the gate to open for Early Entry.

During EE I only got thru four rides: Space Mtn, Buzz Lightyear (scored 71,000), Peter Pan, & Dumbo. A couple of interesting things happened during these times...on Space Mtn...I was just about to get off - they were about to slide the track back over to the wheelchair area and the entire ride went into emergency shut down. The lady told me it would be AT LEAST 45 minutes before it would be started again. I was able to climb out of the shuttle and leave....perfect timing (for me anyway).

When I was on Peter Pan - I had a problem - well it was AFTER I had gotten off...I was trying to get out of there with the ECV. It caught the handrail, I tried to SLOWLY move back to get it out but the ECV ZOOMED out and the handle pulled and snapped. This was NOT good. I still don't know how much it might cost us to fix it...but they did bring me a new one, and I WILL NOT bring it in any of the Fantasyland Wheelchair entrances!!! Now, it was still working, it was just loose, so if you pushed on the handlebar, it would move...but if you were careful it wouldn't move.

As soon as it happened, I called my husband to look up the number for me. In the meantime I went on Dumbo - he called back in the middle of the ride, so I talked to him a minute and told him to call back and leave the number on my voicemail. SO then I called Century Medical and took care of that. The lady told me she'd call me back and let me know when they would be sending someone to replace the ECV.

SO I headed over to Big Thunder Mtn Railroad. This ties with Space as my favorite ride! I love it!! Then I went to Splash Mtn, and I rode in the very front and had the log all to myself. I got back and there were so few people in line, I asked the CM if I could go again, she said sure and pointed to the log that was there. I got in and rode again. I only got a few splashes - nothing super wet. Then I made my way to Pirates of the Caribbean! OH MY! I love the changes they made to it. I made sure to see the movie before I left so I would "get it" all. Glad I did :D.

At this time it was about 11:00am. I had Priority Seating reservations at Cafe Orleans for me and 7 other people (my friend Jen and all of her crew) for 11:30am. I looked at my phone and saw I missed some calls - Century Medical called. SO I called them back. The lady told me that the driver could meet me at the Bell Desk at the hotel at noon. I asked if it could be a different time since I had lunch reservations. She didn't seem too happy abou that (and the ECV was getting kind of annoying to deal with - I HAD to use both hands all the time to drive it), so I told her I'd be there at noon.

I tried to get a hold of Jen, but got no answer. I needed to let her know what was going on. SO I left a message on her voicemail. Now the PS reservations were in MY name, so I talked to the CM at the checkin stand there at Cafe Orleans and explained it all to her, I gave her Jen's name and she took care of it.

I decided to just head back to the hotel - I needed to go put my book back in my room anyway. So I went back around 11:25. I killed a little bit of time and went to the bell desk and waited...and waited...and waited. I had arrived about five minutes early at 11:55am. Finally at 12:20pm I called Century Medical. The lady said that the driver had picked up the ECV about 15 minutes ago and would be there in 30 minutes to an hour! WHAT!?!?! :eek: SO I told her that I wasn't going to wait around that long and that they needed to call me when he was there.

I was going to go into DCA for a few minutes and ride on Grizzly or Soarin', but as I passed Wetzel's Pretzels and decided I needed some lunch, so I got a Cheese Dog and frozen lemonade...boy was that good!! As I was pulling out of there, my phone rang...the guy was there to switch ECVs around...good thing I didn't go into DCA! I hadn't even had a bite of my cheese dog. So I went and got my new ECV. I ate my lunch on the way to the parks.
I decided to pop on over to DCA for a couple of rides...I went on Soarin...I was thinking of parking the ECV and doing single rider, but there was virtually no line. They were only operating ONE side...and when I got on, it was only two of the three sections! And then since it was so hot - Grizzly River Rapids sounded PERFECT. And it was. I parked the ECV since the wait time was only five minutes (my feet do fine for short walking/standing periods, but I even noticed at a 15-20 minute mostly standing still - OUCH! Walking is easier than standing still on my feet - well most of the time). When I got on Grizzly River, my phone rang - it was my friend Jen. She wanted to meet up with me, so I told her I'd call when I got into DL and that I was on Grizzly River Rapids.

So I met up with my friends and we hung out until about 5:30 when I separated from them to go have dinner at Cafe Orleans. I love them all - they're GREAT fun. However, it was frustrating sometimes...with a group that large. We'd go on a ride...everyone would sit down and there'd be discussion about what to do next. Then when we were about to go, someone always had to go to the bathroom or something or other. Now that's fine, but I'm just not used to it. But here are the rides we went on: Space Mtn, Peter Pan, Mr. Toad, Snow White, Pinocchio, Small World, Big Thunder, Splash Mtn (OH MY GOODNESS - I got DRENCHED this time!! The water just came POURING in on the right side a couple of times, then once it came POURING in on the left side!), and then Pirates.

I then went to Cafe Orleans - about a 2 minute wait for a table outside. It was very nice out at this point. I got the Monte Cristo - and at first they brought me the cheese one. I took a bite and realized it was wrong. They brought the correct one within a few minutes. I had some sprite - it tasted really flat - YUCK!

Anyway, so after that - it was about 6:15pm, I decided to cruise along and do the rides I wanted to: Big THunder, Space, Buzz (61,800 score), Space again, Big Thunder, Indiana Jones, Big Thunder again, and my last ride of the night was Jungle Cruise.

It was a few minutes after 8:00 when I got off the Jungle Cruise. I dodged crowds and made my way out of DL and thru DTD to the hotel. I stopped at Crocs Bits & Bites for some sprite - I wanted that GOOD FIZZY stuff LOL. And some ice water. I came up to my room and changed into my swimsuit and headed to the pool. Oh...that hot tub is WONDERFUL!! I love it. I went in the pool for a bit, but after the hot tub the pool just seemed SO COLD. I'll try the pool first next time. I need to find out what time the water slide closes, so I can make it to that at some point...It was closed when I got there.

So here I am...I'm exhausted...Need to go to sleep. I'm getting up early - going to go to Storyteller's Cafe with Jade & Lyle - we're meeting at 7:30, and we have to do walk up since we just decided to go (like in the last 30 minutes) and I can't make reservations. Shouldn't be too bad though, right? Well, I guess I'll find out!

I'm off to sleep. I hate that I never get to read what other people are posting in other threads (for the most part - I've read just a couple of them), but I'm so worn out! I feel bad that I haven't taken many pictures...but I'm just not in a picture mood...maybe it's because on ALL of the trips I've taken I always take TONS AND TONS of pictures.

Total rides ridden today: 27!!

Anyway...good night everyone! More to come tomorrow night :fez:

yellowrosedtxn
09-13-2006, 07:40 AM
It sounds like you are having a wonderful time! I am so jealous! I really enjoy reading all about your trip! Thanks for posting about everything, I feel like I am really there!

LostBoy02
09-13-2006, 08:00 AM
Wow that sounds amazing annie! Can you post some of the pictures you took of your room in the DLH. I havent stayed there in close to 9yrs and would really appreciate an update of how it looks. I'm going to be staying there in a couple of months and have no clue what has changed. THANKS and HAVE FUN!

kirstie_29
09-13-2006, 08:25 AM
Glad to hear you are having so much fun Annie! I know you said the waterslide closes early, but how late is the pool open?

Crazy4DL
09-13-2006, 08:26 AM
So fun to check in on you each day!! Like a mini vacation with all of us along. :D

rentayenta
09-13-2006, 09:31 AM
So fun to check in on you each day!! Like a mini vacation with all of us along. :D

That's how I feel too. Bummer about the EVC but glad it's all taken care of.

Can't wait to read more. I also hate that standing around debating what to do next..............it's my Type A. :D

annieb727
09-13-2006, 10:03 PM
once again...I just LOVE that people are enjoying this!! :D

pool closes at 10pm - still haven't found out about the waterslide.

i will have to post pictures after i get home...it's all i can do to write this trip report each evening --- I'm just going going going every day.

Anyway, onto the report...

Wednesday, September 13th

The plan for this morning was to meet with Jade & Lyle (Lyle is my friend Jen's brother in law) for breakfast at 7:30 to go over to Storyteller's Cafe for a character breakfast. So I got up at 7:00 and got dressed...and waited for them to call. And waited. It was close to 8:00 when they arrived. Thankfully not many people eat there that early, so it was a short wait (we didn't have reservations there). I really enjoyed it! The food was good (I loved their biscuits & gravy). THe server was GREAT - we hadn't even asked and he brought us some Mickey Waffles. He told us we can't be there and NOT eat a Mickey Waffle. Dale came to our table and sat down - Lyle asked Dale if he wanted to join us...we're having chipmunk for breakfast. It was fun how Dale responded and stuff.

Well after Breakfast, Jade & Lyle had to go park in the parking structure and meet up with Jen and everyone else. So I said I'd be in DCA and to call me when they're there and I'll meet up with them. It wasn't until 11:00 that I got a call (and I didn't realize I had missed the call until about 11:30).

So...from about 9:40am until 11:30am here's what I did:
Soarin' Over California - two times - since it's the only ride you can do before park opening at 10am.
I considered Grizzly River Run, but it wasn't quite warm enough...so I went on into Paradise Pier - Mullholland Madness, then Screamin' two times (I had a bit of a wait because I wanted the very front), Swinging Gondolas in the Sun Wheel, Mullholland Madness two more times (was only planning on once but when I got to the end, my lap bar didn't pop up, and the CM asked if I was riding again, I said SURE! and he let me -- even tho by this time there was a line :D ). That's eight rides.

I met up with Jen and the others (11:30am) - we waited while some finished Soarin' and others finished snacking. Then we went on Grizzly River Run - two times. Mullholland Madness, Sun Wheel (swinging gondolas) - the two year old giggled the entire time!, Screamin' two times. That's another six rides.

Then it was about 2:10pm - we went over to Ariel's Grotto for lunch reservations (2:20 reservations). We finally got seated about 2:45pm - I looked at the menu and nothing sounded that great to me at the moment. Jen didn't want to stay either - she had gastric bypass surgery four months ago and can only eat about four ounces at a time - she didn't want to spend $20+ for a meal she can't eat. So we went to Corn Dog Castle (me, Jen, Karen (Jen's mom), and Marietta (the two year old)).

After that we went on Mullholland Madness (again), Golden Zephyr, Mission Tortilla Factory, Bread Factory, and Heimlichs Chew-Chew Train. At that point it was about 4pm, and we met back up with the rest of the group and went to It's Tough to be a Bug. (that's three attractions - I don't really count the tortilla or bread place). They were all sitting there deciding what to do next after the bug show...so I finally said. "I'm going to Tower of Terror, whoever wants to go with me, come on!" And I started to go. I ended up having three adults and the 9 year old come along. YAY! Finally got to go on Tower of Terror again.

So grand total so far - 18 rides/attractions.

I spent some time talking to my boys on the phone, and lost my group, which was ok. I decided I was going to go back to DL and play for the rest of the evening. As I was leaving (it's about 5:15 at this point), I saw the ones I went on TOT with. I stopped and talked for a minute and they said they were going back to their hotel. So I said, ok, call me tomorrow (they're going to see the Dr. Phil show tape tomorrow - no DL or DCA).

I went to DL and went on Space Mountain. On Space I met an old man who was visiting DL for the first time (in an ECV too) and had spent about 45 minutes trying to find Space. The only other ride he'd been on was Indiana Jones. So I told him to follow me - I was going to Big Thunder Mtn Railroad and if he liked Space, he'd like BTMRR too. SO we hung out for a while...he had no idea where he was going, so I was kind of his tour guide.

Here's what we did: after Space, BTMRR, then we went over to Pirates and while we were waiting, the ride stopped, they said "technical difficulties" and didn't know how long it would be, so we decided to leave and try back later.

So we went back to BTMRR, then went to Star Tours - the lady at the entrance was kind of short with me - she said "stop" to me once, and I moved another couple of inches and she said it really annoyed. She told me to go to the exit and go up. Then she said if we were together that we wouldn't be able to ride together with two ECVs. So when we got to the exit I decided to just walk up so we could be on the same ride. Finally when we got in there that same lady was up there - she said, "didn't I talk to you about not riding in the same vehicle?" or something like that - with THAT TONE. I said, "yes, well we parked one at the exit so we could ride together" and she kind of rolled her eyes and huffed off. The lady sitting near us said, "wow, she was really rude! just remember...this is the happiest place on earth".

Anyway, after the star tours incident, we enjoyed the ride and then went over to Buzz where I scored 84,000 this time - looks like my score is improving. Then we went to Pirates and got out of there right around 7:58 or so. I told Bob that if we hurried we MIGHT make it to the last Jungle Cruise. Sure enough...there was ONE left! Then as we made our way down main street I suggested the First 50 Magical Years film. We made it there just a minute or two before the last showing of the night. That's eight more attractions.

Then we parted ways, he thanked me tremendously for showing him around. It was fun being a tour guide for someone :D.

Then I was REALLY hungry, so I figured I'd get something for dinner at the hotel. I went in and saw a lot of action still going on at Goofy's Kitchen (and I had a meal voucher for it), so I inquired. She told me they closed in two minutes, and I was about to leave and she said that I could still eat, but that the Characters were off at 9:00, so I probably wouldn't see any. Well, I did get to see some: Belle, Rafiki, Pluto, Goofy - hmmm...think that's it. It was really cute tho - Pluto was down on the floor with a little boy, they were playing with his plush dinosaurs...then Rafiki joined in. The little boy was laying on the floor and Rafiki was tickling him. Pluto probably spent about 30 minutes right there with that little boy. It was fun to watch.

He was with this grandmother - she and I started talking as we left, and her grandson ( 3 years old) wanted to see the Pirate ship at the Neverland pool - so I took them in to look for a minute. He of course wanted to go in, so grandma said that she'd have to bring him back one of these days to stay there so they could. She was really sweet and fun to talk to.

Then I came back up to my room...I'm so tired...it's about 11pm...I have early entry in the morning and I am going to make sure I'm there for it!

Ride count for today - total: 26 attractions.

Have a good night everyone!!