PDA

View Full Version : The Paradise Pier Hotel [room types] confuse me

infinite
09-10-2006, 12:32 PM
We decided to give it a try for our Halloween trip.

We called to make reservations for a concierge room.

Online it states;

"A variety of room choices: cabana, poolside or penthouse"

However when we requested a cabana room, the person taking the reservation had no idea what we were talking about, then they told us that you don’t get a choice of room, you just get what they have ( this is for a concierge room), they then made a note on our reservation that we would like “poolside” (they insisted there was no such thing as a cabana room). We used the reservations number 714 956 MICKEY.

So now I am feeling very apprehensive about staying there.

Has anyone stayed poolside? Is there a cabana room? Why would the site list a cabana room and room choice for concierge, if there isn’t such a thing?

rentayenta
09-10-2006, 03:09 PM
Hmm, I don't know but you have me curious. We are staying there in December. I will email VP and ask what the differences in rooms are.

Gilliegrl
09-10-2006, 10:18 PM
Yes there are cabana rooms. Ive stayed in them twice. The concierge rooms at pp are only on three different floors. So I dont really know what they mean by poolside and penthouse. The cabana rooms are on the third floor. The third floor is where the pool is. The cabana rooms have a patio area that has a gate that will allow you to go to the pool. There arent any rooms poolside in the sense that you can open up the door and the pool is right there. The cabana rooms are the closest, there is a bit of a walk, but not much. The 14th floor also has concierge rooms. I stayed there once. We could look out the window down at the pool. I like the cabana rooms. I think the patio area gives an illusional effect that the room is larger. We ordered Dominoes and ate out there once and it was very nice.

On another note Ive stayed pp three times and concierge each time. Ive had one bad, one great and one that just missed the magic time. for the price I would recommend it. I was there last april and it seemed that they had a staffing change and most cm just seem to not go the extra mile like Ive experienced in the past, nothing major that would stop me from staying again. But in the past I never had to ask cm for the autographed photos for the kids and this time I did. enjoy your stay and the other thing I forgot they cant guarantee that you will get cabana but they can certainly note it.

tinker3
09-11-2006, 11:31 AM
I am happy to see this tread, because we are booked there in Nov. I picked PP as opposed to DH because I read that PP rooms are a bit larger and there are 5 of us.

How much more is Conierge, and what does that include?

Is is possible to get a room with a view when we check in if we didn't pay the upgrade?