PDA

View Full Version : Online AP Purchase Question

GrumpyGoofyGuy
09-10-2006, 11:33 AM
We are going in October for 4 days starting the 21st. We let our previous AP's expire in May because we didn't think we would be going again until next year. :rolleyes: My plan was to buy 4 day hoppers and convert them to AP's after we used the early entry on Saturday October 22nd. Now I'm hearing that the AP prices may go up soon. Does anybody know when this will happen? If they are going up October 1st then I will just buy our AP's online prior to that. If I buy our AP's online this month, would the first day we use the AP's on October 21st be the start of our year? :confused:

Darkbeer
09-10-2006, 03:46 PM
Who knows if and when the AP prices will go up, usually you only have a couple of days notice.

If you buy AP certificates, the starting date is the first day of USE, not purchase, though they have an experation date on them (around 90 days), if you don't redemn them prior to the expiration date, you will be required to pay the higher price (the difference, as they will honor the original amount paid as a credit).

And you did a SMART thing by letting the prior AP's expire, usually if you don't go back to the park within a month of your expiration, you lose money, as you lose time in the future. With the new AP's, they will baq valid thru October of 2007, which should let you see Finding Nemo. If you renewed the AP's in May, you would had to get another AP to see the subs.

landj
09-18-2006, 10:54 AM
I am going to DLR November 26-Dec.3 & have 6 day passes & I am now considering going next year(Sept) again and wondering if I upgrade to a PAP is it valid 1 year from purchase or from first use?

Darkbeer
09-18-2006, 11:15 AM
If you upgrade your AP during your visit, your AP should have an expiration date of 11/26/07. (The CM is supposed to backdate the date to the first day of use of the ParkHopper, even if you upgrade on a later date during your visit).

And you should upgrade to a Premium as soon as you have used the Early Entry on the ParkHopper. Since there are no blockout dates, you can start using the AP to get discounts on food (15% in most locations), 10% off merchandise (Premium AP's only) and the free parking. In fact, if you paid to park on the day you are upgrading, bring the paid parking receipt and they will credit you with the $11 paid.

landj
09-18-2006, 12:43 PM
Thanks so much for the info!

landj
09-18-2006, 05:34 PM
Do you think it would be good to get the Premium or the Deluxe. We will not require parking. What would be the difference other than blackout dates & based on the chart it would not be blacked out except our arrival day in Nov/06 as our next trip will be end of Sept/07.

Bytebear
09-18-2006, 05:42 PM
Differences: Parking (premium is included, deluxe can be added for $59), discounts at stores, Disney hotels, restaurants, etc. (deluxe does have some discounts, but premium has more), and blackout days (premium has none, deluxe has the busiest days blacked out - summer Saturdays and major holidays).

If you want to use the Premium discounts, I recommend getting one Premium pass and the rest deluxe. A 15% discount vs. a 10% can pay for the difference in pass price quickly.

Note, if you first use your deluxe on a blackout day, that day is not blacked out! To use your pass on any other blackout day, it is $30 to get into the park.

landj
09-18-2006, 08:21 PM
So it would seem better for me to get the Premium and get a Deluxe for my daughter. Then we get the better discounts with my pass since I pay for everything and we will not be going on any blackout days( as far as I can see on the charts).

Thanks

rentayenta
09-18-2006, 08:27 PM
So it would seem better for me to get the Premium and get a Deluxe for my daughter. Then we get the better discounts with my pass since I pay for everything and we will not be going on any blackout days( as far as I can see on the charts).

Thanks

This what we do. I get the PAP and the kids get DAPs. We get all of the good discounts and don't go on blockout days.

landj
09-19-2006, 11:00 AM
Thanks. I can't wait for both trips now.

landj
09-21-2006, 05:56 PM
When I go to upgrade I do that in the Bank on Main Street? I read on another thread that upgrade or replacements was done at DCA. I want to know what I am supposed to do & which is the correct place to go.

Only 65 more days :)

Darkbeer
09-21-2006, 06:30 PM
When I go to upgrade I do that in the Bank on Main Street? I read on another thread that upgrade or replacements was done at DCA. I want to know what I am supposed to do & which is the correct place to go.

Only 65 more days :)

The Bank on Main Street can handle EVERYTHING, the best bet is just to go there... No worries!

DadandFamily
09-21-2006, 08:58 PM
It's September 21, 2006. I just checked the price for the Souther California AP (https://secure.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/ap/index?name=AnnualPassholderGatewayPage&appRedirect=http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/ap/gated/landing?name=AnnualPassholderLandingPage&bhcp=1)to purchase for my 3 year old. It's $154. My AP renewal on September 16, 2006 was $149. Did they raise the price in the last five days?

Whittibo
09-22-2006, 10:33 AM
Well I don't know if I wrote something down wrong, but I had my list of costs and had our tickets at $1194.00. I just ordered them and it came to $1254.00 ($60 more for 5 tickets). I thought I forgot to add parking on mine, but I think that's only $49, so that would lead me to assume I ordered too late and got charged more. :(

DadandFamily
09-22-2006, 11:15 AM
Well I don't know if I wrote something down wrong, but I had my list of costs and had our tickets at $1194.00. I just ordered them and it came to $1254.00 ($60 more for 5 tickets). I thought I forgot to add parking on mine, but I think that's only $49, so that would lead me to assume I ordered too late and got charged more. :(

If you renewed your AP by mail, I believe that the prices were guarenteed until September 30, 2006. If you ordered by mail, and mailed it before September 15th (the date of the price change), you may want to write to them and tell them that and see if they will refund your $60 given how many APs you bought.

Whittibo
09-22-2006, 11:25 AM
Nope didn't renew, just bought new ones and just did it the other day. Since it was near $1200 I thought I would wait to put it on the card for a bit, less interest ya know. Well, I ended up spending more in higher prices then I would have in interest. :(

Ah well, win some/lose some.