PDA

View Full Version : Duration of Shows, Location & Description?

Rissa
09-09-2006, 10:10 PM
We leave on the 12th to go to Disney. I'm a bit curious of the timing of shows. We will be in Disney the 14th, 15th, 17th and 18th of this month (next week!)

This is a list of what we will go see:

Flag Ceremony
Cars Pre Parade
Playhouse Disney
Parade of Dreams
Block Party Bash
Fantasmic
Fireworks
Sword in the Stone

I'm wondering the following for each of the shows:
A) How early do we need to arrive?

B) How long does the show last?

C) Where is the best place/ most practical to sit with 3 young ones (4, 2 and 4 months) without having to arrive insanely early?

D) What exactly goes on at this show?

E) Where is each show located?

Thanks!

MammaSilva
09-09-2006, 10:19 PM
Here is a link to the calendar page of Disney direct. If you punch in your dates it will give you the show/entertainment schedules so you can have a better idea if what you want to do is possible.

DLR calendar (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/calendar/monthly/monthly?name=CalendarMonthlyPage)

Mermaid
09-09-2006, 11:47 PM
I didn;t look up the times- sorry but as MS said, they are on the website!
Flag Ceremony-
A) I would say 10-15 minutes at the most. Sadly, most people don't watch this!
B)about 10 minues
C) anywhere around the flagpole is good. If you get there 15 minutes early or so I would think you could grab a bench.
D) The national anthem is played either by tape or sometimes by the band. They lower the flag and fold it. It is a very moving ceremony. I heard they have been asking members past and present of teh armed forces to help but I haven't seen that.
E) On Main St just past the train station at the flagpole
Cars Pre Parade-don't really know. I haven't seen it but it is in DCA!
Playhouse Disney- Sorry- haven't seen this eaither! I know it is on the right in Hollywood pictures backlot right as you eneter the area. This is in a theater of some kind so you should have a comfortable wait.

Parade of Dreams-
A) When I went we sat on Main st on the Ice Cream shop side about 40 minutes before. We were right on the curb. If you wanted to sit on the other side (in the sun) there was curb space open about 15 minutes before. This was also in July when it was pretty crowded.
B) Depends. IF they start on time and IF they start near where you are sitting, then about 20 minutes. If (and probably) not, I would say 45 minutes from the posted start time.
C) There is a thread floating around called DCA or DL parade. Look in there and they will tell you where the parade stops are. Pick the one that interests you and sit there. Anywhere on Main st thoug will give you a view.
D) It's a parade of characters celebrating the 50th. It's pretty good!
E) On Main st, past the Matterhornm and down to small world. The parade route will be marked by dots on your map.

Block Party Bash
A) 15 minutes should be plenty
B) see Parade of Dreams
C) Again, this parade stops so someone can help you better than I on where to stand to see what float. We were sitting between Paradise Pear and Golden Dreams and had a decent view of the Monster's Inc Float.
D) This is a very high energy parade featuring Pixar characters. They try to get the kids to come dance with them. Some people like it, some hate it! I loved it and I have no kids. It is geared towards kids!
E)In DCA. Agaian, the parade route is marked on your map.

Fantasmic
A) uuhhh.... early. Like probably 60-90 minutes. Unless... your little ones can make it to the second show. Then, you can do the secret MP trick. Go to New Orlean Square (NOS) right after the fireworks end. Don't watch the FW, just be on position in NOS as they end- about 9:45. The people from the 9:00 show will leave after the FW. As they do, swoop in and you will get a spot at the edge of the river and only wait 45 minutes. We did this the week before xmas and it worked like a charm!
B) I think it is about 30 minutes
C)Anywhere around teh Pirates side of the Rivers of America is good.
D)It is a nighttime show featuring Mickey fighting evil. This show is kinda intense so if Fire, lightening, bad guys and loud noises scare your little ones, you may want to skip it.
E) In NOS in teh Rivers of America

Fireworks
A) I would say 60-90 minutes
B) 25 minutes
C) In the hub which is the area in front of the castle. You can view with less of a wait time in front of Small World. They do a light show on the Matterhorn and castle which you won't be able to see though.
D) it is a fireworks show that pays tribute to DL's 50 years. It is awesome!!! I went think fireworks are fireworks. No, this is great. The fireworks seem to dance with the music!
E) Over the castle

Sword in the Stone
I haven't seen this in YEARS!!! I know it takes place near the carousel in FL. I think it is about 15 minutes and that is probably how early you need to be there. I would think anywhere with a view of the sword would be good.

Have a great time! I will be there that same time!

Bytebear
09-10-2006, 12:50 AM
I will disagree with the wait for the fireworks and Fantasmic. I haven't found the need to be there early, unless you want to be right up front (which I don't recommend for the fireworks). If you see the first fantasmic show, you will NOT be able to go to the hub for the fireworks (they make you stay put), but if you see the fireworks in the best location (in my opinion, at the hub just behind the Walt and Mickey statue), and then after the fireworks, head to New Orleans Square and wind your way to the Rivers of America for Fantasmic. I have gone to the hub 20-30 minutes before the show starts and found plenty of room. But I do like to see it a bit further back than some die hard fans. I will let others disagree and give their experience, but this schedule works for me.

Note: The fireworks can be seen from New Orleans Square (where Fantasmic is) and from It's a Small World, but you really do want to see it in front of the castle for the best experience.

The last few times I have gone (on Sundays), it hasn't been too busy. I did go today (or is it yesterday- Saturday, anyway), and it was busy but about as busy as most Sunday's have been (although the crowds seemed more pushy).

rentayenta
09-10-2006, 06:33 AM
What is the Cars pre-parade?