PDA

View Full Version : Question on GCH room with bunk beds

ochibiyo
09-09-2006, 08:10 PM
Hi! We want to stay at the GCH, we have five people. Two adults and three kids. A friend of mine said they have bunk bed rooms to fit five. Does anyone know if this is true and how much it goes for a night? Thanks!

disneychick
09-09-2006, 08:37 PM
It's true they have bunk bed rooms - actually, the configuration is 1 queen, and a bunk bed with pull out trundle. They're request only - we've requested one for our stay in November, as odds are my preschooler will sleep better in the bunk bed (high novelty factor :) ) over a queen. I was told that the bunk beds have a weight or size limit, though, so they won't put you in there if you have older kids (ie: teenagers) or extra adults.

As far as I know, pricing isn't any different - it's simply a room type that you request when you book. The price for the hotel varies depending on when you go, and who you book through. We got a deal through Costco travel that includes 8-day park hoppers and some other stuff, and the cost is about $300 a day....when we called the GCH directly for a room rate, the price was $390 a night, room only.

Wendi
09-09-2006, 09:22 PM
Hi! We want to stay at the GCH, we have five people. Two adults and three kids. A friend of mine said they have bunk bed rooms to fit five. Does anyone know if this is true and how much it goes for a night? Thanks!

Yes, we got a bunk bed room on our first stay there. My 8-month-old son and I shared the big bed and my mom slept on the twin bunk bed. There shouldn't be any problem with weight issues on the lower bunk and trundle... I doubt the hotel is going to check anyone's weights before allowing you a bunk room! ;)

potcfan
09-10-2006, 10:30 AM
I request a bunk bed room when we stay at the GCH. My daughters are 17 ( 5'4, 110LBs) and 12. The youngest sleeps on the top bunk, they both find the beds to be very comfortable.

Twinglemum
09-10-2006, 11:25 AM
Are the bunkbed rooms on the concierge floor also???

babytmakes5
09-10-2006, 12:09 PM
It's true they have bunk bed rooms - actually, the configuration is 1 queen, and a bunk bed with pull out trundle. They're request only - we've requested one for our stay in November, as odds are my preschooler will sleep better in the bunk bed (high novelty factor :) ) over a queen.

We requested a bunkbed room for our stay GCH for our stay in November. Since we have three children (ages 7, 6, and 3), it makes much more sense than two queens. I wonder if there is a chance that we won't get the bunkbed room we requested--I worry because when we stayed at DLH the last time they "ran out" of the park view rooms we reserved and were stuck with what they had left. Has anyone ever requested a bunkbed room and then couldn't get it? Just want to cover all my bases :geek: I like to imagine what the "worst case scenario" is before we check in so I can have back-up plan if needed. Thanks!

infinite
09-10-2006, 12:23 PM
I worry because when we stayed at DLH the last time they "ran out" of the park view rooms we reserved and were stuck with what they had left.
Did you pay extra for the view, and if so did you get a refund?

Also, there are bunks on the concierge floor, but we have only been able to get them there once, we were actually told when we made the reservation that time that we would be getting bunks.

Wkr3kt
09-10-2006, 12:53 PM
We have stayed in a room with bunks with our 2 boys ages 5 & 7 and LOVED it!!. The room seemed larger as a twin size takes up less room than a queen. It was nice as our boys had a little more floor space to move around!! I would definitely do it again!!!

Wendi
09-10-2006, 03:30 PM
I'm not sure how hard it would be to get a bunkbed room. The first time we got one and didn't know anything about it in advance. We didn't think to change to another room (plus, we booked a standard room and got an amazing theme park view instead... we were totally happy there!)

We did request queen beds on another trip since I was traveling with family members who wouldn't do well in the bunkbed room situation - we got our request that time.

babytmakes5
09-10-2006, 03:48 PM
Did you pay extra for the view, and if so did you get a refund?

No, we did not get a refund. At the time we were so upset, but the CM's at the front desk told us even though we paid extra, view rooms are still first come first serve, and if they don't have the room available, then there was nothing they could do :mad: They did end up making it up to us (sort of) by giving us an adjoining room on the second and third nights there. It was nice having the extra space, but we would have preferred the view.

SeansMom
09-10-2006, 08:52 PM
On our last trip, the CM gave us a bit of a hassle because our son was 12, but I knew the room would feel bigger, and he's got the family skinny light weight gene, so I really didn't think that would matter. We got our bunks, and the bottom bunk was the perfect space to spread out our suitcases. They are a first come/first serve kind of thing, though.