PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Question

MouseMotor
09-09-2006, 03:30 PM
We have utilized BWPP in the past for our stays at Disneyland. Our family has grown. We (wife and I) now have 5 children (ages 8,7,3, 1, and >1). Are we going to have to book two rooms, or does anyone know of a hotel that will take us all that is close to DL?

hjschulz
09-09-2006, 03:42 PM
We have utilized BWPP in the past for our stays at Disneyland. Our family has grown. We (wife and I) now have 5 children (ages 8,7,3, 1, and >1). Are we going to have to book two rooms, or does anyone know of a hotel that will take us all that is close to DL?

Our family has that many and we just booked a family suite with DelSol for $140.00 a night. The room is just two adjoining rooms. four queen beds and two bathrooms!:)

momuvseven
09-09-2006, 04:14 PM
Try the two bedroom penthouse at Residence Inn Maingate. A little pricey but includes breakfast, light dinner and full kitchen. There is another RI in Garden Grove but a little farther away.

nvmom
09-09-2006, 04:21 PM
Try the Camelot Inn. We stayed their last March w/4 children. We had the 2 room family suite. One room had 2 queens, TV, bathroom (large counter space outside the shower/toilet room.) The other room had another queen bed plus a pull out sofa & arm chair, TV, desk, kitchen sink/small refridge/micro & a small dining table & chairs that seated 4. This room was very spacious. Room for strollers, carseats, etc in one corner...

They have a sparse continental, but it's ok. Cereal, juice, bagels, muffins, coffee. The lobby isn't to impressive, and it's a motel (doors open outside), older cement stairways & elevators. It was clean and the room was pretty spacious and it's only 1-2 properties over from the BWPPI (right next to McDonalds.) I know all the rooms have had new carpet & furniture since we were there. We'd stay there again.

nvmom

MammaSilva
09-09-2006, 04:25 PM
Another option is Desert Inn and Suites, we stayed in one of their parlour suites just this past August. Easily sleeps six, has a seperate 'parlor" area with a pull out sleeper sofa, bedroom has 2 queens ...it has two tvs but only one bathroom. It's another Motel, in that all doors open to the outside and there is only one elevator but the price is always good and it's only 2 driveways from the crosswalk and right next door to Dennys. It has a free breakfast but we never bothered because the room has a fridge and microwave and coffee maker and I just brought breakfast with us so we could eat while we were getting ready.

Shadowcat
09-09-2006, 05:53 PM
I'm not sure if you're aware (if you are, then I apoligize in advance) but the Family Suites at the BWPPI *might* sleep 7. There are 2 double beds, a fold out sofa sleeper, and if you can get a crib (which I am fairly sure you can) that would sleep 7.

Whittibo
09-10-2006, 09:23 AM
Residence Inn Garden Grove!!! I LOVE IT!

This will be our 3rd year there. They have a kids suite. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, full kitchen, front room with sofa sleeper. Kids room has bunk beds, plenty of room for a crib/playpen for the baby. Free breakfast, dinner snacks I think Mon-Thurs.

GetAwayToday.com has 4th night free too!

mariezp
09-11-2006, 10:49 AM
We have stayed at the Anaheim Desert Inn for the past 5 years. They have served us well every time. We stay in their Parlor Family Suite C2. Nothing fancy but the price is right, rooms are sizeable, beds are comfy and you cannot beat the fact that they are so close to the main gate. They have a convience store down stairs in case you forget anything. Denney's on one side, IHOP on the other. In-room movies, refridgerators and microwaves. I thought about trying one of the Disney hotels but my whole family refused siting that staying here had become "traditional". So it looks like as long as we are heading to Disneyland, Anaheim Desert Inn can be expecting us to visit!

MouseMotor
09-15-2006, 05:26 PM
Today, I reserved two (2) Parlor Suites at the Desert Inn for $1547.90 total (including tax) for 7 nights. Our trip will be Feb. 07. How'd I do?

I Heart Disneyland!
09-15-2006, 06:53 PM
We always stay at Homewood Suites. They have a bedroom and living room. Also a kitchen with a fridge, plates, utensils, etc. You can have 2 queens in the bedroom and the sofa turns to a sleeper. :) So, that may hold your whole crew! Have fun!!!!!

They are about 3 miles from DL and have a shuttle which you pay for, I am not sure of the cost.

amanda823s
09-15-2006, 07:09 PM
We always stay at Homewood Suites. They have a bedroom and living room. Also a kitchen with a fridge, plates, utensils, etc. You can have 2 queens in the bedroom and the sofa turns to a sleeper. :) So, that may hold your whole crew! Have fun!!!!!

They are about 3 miles from DL and have a shuttle which you pay for, I am not sure of the cost.

We stayed at the Homewood Suites on our trip 2 years ago, and LOVED it! They have a big breakfast buffet included. Target is across the street, lol, so we bought a lot of snack stuff and bottled water there as well. When we went, the shuttle was free, but maybe that has changed since.

I Heart Disneyland!
09-15-2006, 07:14 PM
We stayed at the Homewood Suites on our trip 2 years ago, and LOVED it! They have a big breakfast buffet included. .

Exactly! I forgot that part. The free breakfast is great, especially when you're feeding so many! We are going in Nov. and got it for $119 a night! Target across the street is nice too.

amanda823s
09-15-2006, 07:21 PM
Exactly! I forgot that part. The free breakfast is great, especially when you're feeding so many! We are going in Nov. and got it for $119 a night! Target across the street is nice too.

We bought a stroller at Target then too, because it was cheaper than renting one at DL. Gotta love Target! ;)

I Heart Disneyland!
09-15-2006, 07:23 PM
We bought a stroller at Target then too, because it was cheaper than renting one at DL. Gotta love Target! ;)

Abolutely! I've bought a couple of cute home decor items at that Target and hauled them home in my suitcase because I'd not seen them at my own Target! ha! :geek:

darph nader
09-15-2006, 09:36 PM
Try the Camelot Inn. We stayed their last March w/4 children. We had the 2 room family suite. One room had 2 queens, TV, bathroom (large counter space outside the shower/toilet room.) The other room had another queen bed plus a pull out sofa & arm chair, TV, desk, kitchen sink/small refridge/micro & a small dining table & chairs that seated 4. This room was very spacious. Room for strollers, carseats, etc in one corner...

They have a sparse continental, but it's ok. Cereal, juice, bagels, muffins, coffee. The lobby isn't to impressive, and it's a motel (doors open outside), older cement stairways & elevators. It was clean and the room was pretty spacious and it's only 1-2 properties over from the BWPPI (right next to McDonalds.) I know all the rooms have had new carpet & furniture since we were there. We'd stay there again.

nvmom

I second Camelot Inn.We stayed there May of last year. 4th floor,by the pool.:cool:

Leap for Joy
09-16-2006, 06:43 AM
Today, I reserved two (2) Parlor Suites at the Desert Inn for $1547.90 total (including tax) for 7 nights. Our trip will be Feb. 07. How'd I do?
That sounds good. Still, I recommend re-checking prices every few weeks just to be sure. You'll LOVE being so close to the cross-walk.

Have a great trip!!

MouseMotor
09-16-2006, 07:58 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll keep checking the prices.