PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good price for the Grand Californian?

keschy
09-09-2006, 10:17 AM
We are hopefully celebrating our anniversary at Disneyland in December with our infant son. I found a rate for $280 at the GC for the nights we want to go. Is that a good rate or could I find something better?

I could also stay at the DL hotel for $210. The Candy Cane Inn is $119 -would it be worth the extra $100 + to stay on property? Thanks!

june1st1997
09-09-2006, 10:31 AM
Are you booking through the hotel directly or online. I know that when we stayed there in june for our anniversary ( I let them know it was our annoversary when I booked) They upgraded us to a suite. We were also traveling with an infant.

Of course I may have only gotten lucky... But I have always found the reort to go above and beyond for special occasions.

Yes, I believe that is a good rate for GCH.

keschy
09-09-2006, 10:52 AM
Are you booking through the hotel directly or online. I know that when we stayed there in june for our anniversary ( I let them know it was our annoversary when I booked) They upgraded us to a suite. We were also traveling with an infant.

Of course I may have only gotten lucky... But I have always found the reort to go above and beyond for special occasions.

Yes, I believe that is a good rate for GCH.

Thanks for the fast reply! I was looking on travelocity so maybe I should call the hotel directly. I also have AAA and maybe that would help with the rate too. It seems like a nice place to stay, especially with the baby. It's so much more expensive but for our 10th anniversary I want to do something special.Thanks again!

rosie
09-09-2006, 11:24 AM
Have you tried getawaytoday.com? I don't know when you're traveling but that's where I found the best rate.
Happy Anniversary!

Bolivar
09-09-2006, 11:36 AM
If you go in December AAA will still have the enhanced fastpass so booking through them would be a good idea. I personally like the Disneyland Hotel better than the Grand California because the DLH feels more "Disney". The GCH is a beautiful hotel, but it could be a beautiful hotel anywere run by anyone.