PDA

View Full Version : How will Disneyland be in the next 25-50 years?

Timmy13T
09-09-2006, 07:39 AM
MY gf and I were watching a Disney sing-a-long video. We were talking about our trip to Disneyland on the 30th which both of us are very excitied about. Then we realized that how much disney has changed sooo much over these years untill now. Maybe in the next 25-50 years disneyland will not be the same anymore. With all these changes its a possibility that there might not be a fantasyland anymore or new orleans sqaure. I have no doubt that drastic changes like these will happen eventually. Our kids or grandchildren will not experience the true heart that Walt Disney put into this magical place. I have a strong gut feeling about this change and I am deathly afriad of it happening. What does anyone else think about this?"

DianeM
09-09-2006, 10:45 AM
I think the changes will be smaller. I don't foresee them taking out NOS or Fantasyland. They might update some of the rides, if they become less popular, but Disney's biggest draw is nostalgia, and they know it. Newer, bigger rides attract locals and roller coaster fanatics. But they have a lot of competition for that market - and parks that rely on bigger roller coasters have been failing all over the country. People don't travel hundreds or even thousands of miles to see how DL has changed, they travel to experience the park the way they remember it. DL has to maintain a balance between "new" and "old", but they know that if they take out too much of the old, they will damage their brand.

I have a strong gut feeling about this change and I am deathly afriad of it happening. What does anyone else think about this?"

Pilot Mickey
09-09-2006, 10:06 PM
With all these changes its a possibility that there might not be a fantasyland anymore or new orleans sqaure.
i doubt they would remove Fantasyland, since this is the land with the most attractions/rides, and NOS has to of the most popluar rides in the park, so two out of two is great. More than likely if they were going to "remove" a land it would be Cridder Country (it would be east to extend the boundries of Frontierland to cove this area) or Tommorowland since this becoming less and less a land of Tommorow but a land of Fantasy so it may be eaten up by Fantasyland) i forsee Disneyland remaining the same except for a few rides or attractions may change over, like the country bears did, or like they just did to Pirates, shops will come and go, entertainment with come and go, i know one this that will remain the same is the light in walt's appartment will stay lit.

The most change will come in DCA, though, i think.

All i know is when i go to Disneyland on July 17, 2055 the Jungle Cruise better be at Disneyland so i can see a hundred years of the back side of water:D

09-10-2006, 04:30 AM
Certain classics will always remain pretty much as they are - Tiki Room, Small World. Other classics - Pirates and Haunted Mansion - will benefit from technological updates. Tomorrowland will become something else.

Fantasyland and NOS will remain. A third gate will be added.

Admission prices will continue to rise above the rate of inflation.

averagedork
09-10-2006, 06:46 AM
Admission prices will continue to rise above the rate of inflation.
And we will all complain "remember when it was $50 to get into the parks? So cheap!"

disneyhound
09-10-2006, 07:05 AM
If Innoventions is still there, god help us!

I agree that the changes will be minor, updates that advance with technology, but there will always be kids that love the rides in Fantasyland. I can't think of many rides that woulndn't be missed if they were removed! Just think about the reactions to the update to POTC!

Bytebear
09-10-2006, 06:37 PM
well, 50 years is quite a ways away. but I predict that they will have a second parking structure where the Pinnochio parking lot is, and the monorail will have a station right there to take you to the park. I also think Downtown Disney will expand down to the parking area so people can walk to the park through shops without going on the tram.

I also predict that there will be a new land in the area in the backlot area between Main Street and Tomorrow land, maybe a Liberty Square? I think they will end up moving the existing functionality to underground structures or somewhere offsite.

Finally, I see Innoventions being replaced by Mission to Mars very soon.

I Heart Disneyland!
09-10-2006, 06:53 PM
Not sure, but, hope to take many, many grandkids there in the next 25! I probably won't be here anymore in 50! ;) (And, if I am, I will be 94 and someone will have to haul me in my wheelchair to DL for the 100th!)

dznyphreak
09-10-2006, 08:14 PM
What? No one wants to see DL bought out and replaced with large, fast-paced coasters, poor cleanliness, bad crowds, and rude employees??? What's wrong with you guys??? ;)

darph nader
09-10-2006, 09:52 PM
What? No one wants to see DL bought out and replaced with large, fast-paced coasters, poor cleanliness, bad crowds, and rude employees??? What's wrong with you guys??? ;)

Isn't MM going into the toilet b/c of this??:confused:

boots & saddles
09-11-2006, 10:37 AM
We just returned from our 5-night stay at the DL resort. My last vist was 22 years ago and I was shocked at how the things that were there 22 years ago did not look one day older today. Everything was very clean and very fresh looking. I see no reason for Disney to tear down our old favorites to make room for newer rides - with one possible exception and that would be Autopia which I think has long out lived it's appeal and takes up a large footprint of the park that can be better used.

dznyphreak
09-11-2006, 04:28 PM
Isn't MM going into the toilet b/c of this??:confused:
I've heard that rumor too. My post was sarcastic...I'd hate to see any more Six Flags parks if they fail to clean up their act.

pisces
09-11-2006, 07:05 PM
We just returned from our 5-night stay at the DL resort. My last vist was 22 years ago and I was shocked at how the things that were there 22 years ago did not look one day older today. Everything was very clean and very fresh looking. I see no reason for Disney to tear down our old favorites to make room for newer rides - with one possible exception and that would be Autopia which I think has long out lived it's appeal and takes up a large footprint of the park that can be better used.

Exactly.

I also visited after a 25 year absence. 1978-2004 (is that 25 years?)

And, I couldn't believe how everything was just as I'd left it 25 years before.

Well, almost everything......'America Sings' and 'Carousel of Progress'...but we won't go there !!!

There's no reason to think there'd be radical changes during the next 25 years. (I too, am not thrilled with Autopia, though)

No major changes expected, and certainly nothing negative, especially if The City of Anaheim keeps providing the level of support they do for Disney, and why wouldn't they? It's a win-win situation for both entities.

pluriefuture
09-12-2006, 09:02 AM
If Innoventions is still there, god help us!

Innoventions will be hovering over the rest of Tomorrowland.

Also, the whole park will be protected by a giant bubble-dome.

jcruise86
09-12-2006, 12:06 PM
In twenty years scanners will identify guests when they enter the park and identify them according to their net worth. Characters will follow people who are wealthy trying to get as much money out of them as possible.
Rich people will experience a very different Disneyland, and everyone else will feel bad about being second class.
The average guest will weigh 45 pounds more and will have never read a book over 150 pages.
Mickey will be gay.
Lincoln will have been replaced with "Great Moments With President Sheen" (Charles Sheen)
Eric Cartman will be be a Disney character, but will be considered tame compared to the rest of society.
The guy who lives on TS Island will still be there.
The food will still be over-priced.