PDA

View Full Version : Possibly the last weekend for CD on Demand

AVP
09-08-2006, 07:01 PM
I won't claim to be able to know the inner workings of the Disney Music Division, but I'm taking the news I received today pretty seriously.

This is probably the last weekend CD on Demand will be available at Disneyland. I've been hearing for months that the often-unreliable system would be "glowing away forever" sometime this month, but the date and process for ending the system has never been shared with me.

Now it seems that the system is simply going to be allowed to run out of supplies. The CMs I spoke with said that they are down to the end of their raw materials - the blank discs, jewel cases and liner paper - needed to create the CDs, and that they have been told that they are not getting another shipment. Once they sell through the CD stock they have on hand, that will be the end.

The CMs estimated that they have enough materials to last through this weekend, and maybe into next week, but definitely not until next weekend.

So if you've been on the fence about getting a CD on Demand from Disneyland, JUMP. I'm sure all of these titles will eventually be available for download through the Apple / Disney music store, but your opportunity to get a hard-copy CD with liner notes is about to end.

AVP

averagedork
09-09-2006, 07:16 AM
I've been wanting the 1990's Disney Afternoon cd for a long time, but been too cheap to buy it. Dang...