PDA

View Full Version : CMs putting items in room upon check-in?

Rissa
09-08-2006, 04:11 PM
I called vacation planning earlier today and got 2 of the marvelous mickey collection baskets for my sons and a mickey plush for my baby girl for the evening we arrive. However they deliver between 4 and 5pm, and I have no idea what time we will arrive so they might not actually be in the room when we arrive

I've also heard of people getting autographed charecter photos and balloons in the room upon check-in. How do I go about getting this done, and what charecters do they offer for that? Will these actually be in the room when we arrive? I just don't want it to be a normal hotel room when we go in there, I want something exciting on the beds waiting.

I would sneak in myself and do it before the kids got into the room, but we have a 4 y.o., 2 yo and 4 month old and a weeks worth of luggage so it'll be kinda hectic for us checking in.

geoffa
09-08-2006, 04:37 PM
Call guest relations - (714) 781-7290. Explain what you're after - they are usually quite obliging. We got signed photos arranged at DCA so don't see why you'd have any problems.

Jewels
09-08-2006, 04:41 PM
However they deliver between 4 and 5pm, and I have no idea what time we will arrive so they might not actually be in the room when we arrive

It is true they can not say if it will be in the room before you arrive. Though as someone who has had treats delivered from VP services I will say it is just as fun to answer a knock on the door and have gifts delivered. My niece was so excited to have someone bring her something. She enjoyed it more then the Mickey that was already waiting for her the first trip.

shawnarae
09-08-2006, 09:37 PM
I have done this both. For the guest services order I placed prior to arriving, we did a birthday bucket last Sept for my son's 4th birthday. We stayed at the Grand CA hotel. We arrived and checked in at 4pm, and around 4:30pm they knocked at the door and the bucket arrived. So it was not in our room when we got there. Which was fine. The bucket had a pudding-like cake in it and I would have hated for that thing to sit in our room all evening if we arrived late. When it arrived it was chilled and enjoyable.

Now the balloons & autographed picture, we have only gotten that at Paradise Pier Hotel. The cast member checking us in saw we had kids and said they had something for us. She went in a back room, and 5 minutes later we had a goodie bag of stickers, a signed picture for each child (with their name on it) from Mickey & balloons (like 2 latex and 1 mylar fish balloon for each child). No other hotels have offered this to us. Disneyland Hotel gave my kids stickers once, but no balloons or pictures.

Hope this helps!!!

09-09-2006, 02:53 AM
Two years ago when we checked in at GCH, they asked if it was our first trip to the resort. We said no and thought it was just the clerk making conversation.

In the elevator, we met a couple of older women, each with balloons with plastic Mickey heads at the end of the strings to weigh them down. We asked if it was a birthday. No, they said. The desk gave them to us at check-in because it's our first visit to the resort.

Has anyone else received balloons from the an on-property front desk on the occasion of a first visit to the resort?

Whittibo
09-10-2006, 09:39 AM
Has anyone else received balloons from the an on-property front desk on the occasion of a first visit to the resort?

We stayed there a few years ago for the first (and last) time, and we got nothing. :(

rentayenta
09-10-2006, 07:54 PM

In 2004 the kids got tons of stickers when we checked in. It was really cute. When we got to the room, VP had the kids' Disney Dollars waiting for them with 3 balloons each and 2 autographed pics each. John, from VP, decorated the envelopes with stickers too.

Mom2
09-22-2006, 05:51 AM
What is the charge for the balloons and autographed pictures at the Paradise Pier? Call ahead prior to arrival to request it?

Mom2
09-22-2006, 06:33 AM
I forgot to say that I actually also reserved the room through Expedia. Does that make a difference in getting any extra goodies?