PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Castle Inn and Suites

cymplaya
09-08-2006, 02:01 PM
Getwaytoday.com has a great rate for my trip in Oct. Has anyone on here stay there before? Thanks

kathynova
09-08-2006, 03:27 PM
I have stayed there a couple of times because of the great rated through Get-away-today. Several times I was able to get my "third night free" which was nice. The hotel itself is really nothing special....just a place to rest your head after a long day as Disneyland. It's a bit worn, and a bit noisy with doors that open to the exterior, motel style. It's not too far to a walk to Disneyland's gate, but it sure seems long on the way back at the end of a long day. It's not my favorite hotel, but the price is usually right. As long as you don't expect anything fancy, and just want a place to sleep and shower, it's not too bad.

hippiemama
09-09-2006, 06:38 AM
we stayed there last year and will stay there again in 2 months when we go. My daughter loves to stay in "the castle" and we can't afford to be in the park, so close enough lol.
I agree with Kathy - its a bit worn, a bit noisy and the walk does seem long at the end of the day. Its nothing fancy but it works for us price wise, makes my 6yo feel like a princess staying in a castle and we've never had any problems there. The staff is really friendly too :)

BlkPearlCptn
09-09-2006, 09:29 AM
STAY AWAY!!! Used to stay there all the time. It USED to be nice, clean and the staff wonderful. Stayed there a few months ago. The room door was open (wide open) when we went up to it after check in. While the beds had been made, the one small washcloth was wadded up on the bathroom floor. Which REEKED of urine. We were meeting some people at the park, and were in a hurry. We called front desk, they said. "Well, we can't get to it for a couple of hours or so." So we said that would be ok, went to the park. Got back after midnight. NOTHING had been touched. Called downstairs again, the manager told us that "there's no one here to get towels or anything..but you can go down and rummage aroun (his words) and see what you can find." Pretty disgusted at this point. THEN when pulled back the covers on both beds. BOTH beds did not have clean sheets, in fact the smell was overwhelming. plus "hairs" and ...um..."scented gels" ..you get the drift was smeared all over everything...in addition to other body fluid type of stuff. (Almost lost my stomach at this point).

ANOTHER call to the manager (this was about 2 min later) and again..same story..we were welcomed to "rumage around and see if you can find some clean sheets, but I can't promise anything). Emergency call put in to Travelocity (those people are great). Travelocity FINALLY got the manager to get us another room, (the people from T told us that they had NEVER EVER experienced such a difficult person to deal with. If we wanted another hotel they would find us one). Course by now it's almost 2 a.m. and we just took the other room. (WHICH had a sink that didn't even turn on). So, brushing teeth, washing hands, etc by shower. (We were leaving in the morning). They told Travelocity that we would also be reimbursed for our problem (which has never happened). So, we filed a complaint with T on Castle Inn and Suites.. Will NOT stay there again .. (since then have talked to two other families that have had a very similar experience. One of the familes just closed the door and walked out as they couldn't get clean sheets, etc. and drove back home early in the morning)...

Hope the Head Up helps

Barbossa
09-09-2006, 03:32 PM
We've stayed at Castle Inn several times and have been pretty happy with it. I agree that it's showing its age, but our rooms have always been clean, the service good, and the staff friendly. Trust us, we've been to worse (i.e. Carousel Inn, Paradise Pier, Embassy Suites) for more money. For a little more money, though, HoJo is our hotel of choice.

momuvseven
09-09-2006, 04:21 PM
We have only stayed there once for one night, that was long enough. I think the walk is fine. The rooms are large. We really wouldn't care to return.

cymplaya
09-09-2006, 09:58 PM
We've stayed at Castle Inn several times and have been pretty happy with it. I agree that it's showing its age, but our rooms have always been clean, the service good, and the staff friendly. Trust us, we've been to worse (i.e. Carousel Inn, Paradise Pier, Embassy Suites) for more money. For a little more money, though, HoJo is our hotel of choice.

Yea, we went with the Clarion from Hotwire for 56 an night on a friday. Then we are staying at the HoJo on Sat and Sun for 54 a night. Thanks all.