PDA

View Full Version : Ever Booked through "Getawaytoday" Vacations?

Pages : [1] 2

TooFarFromDisney
09-06-2006, 07:48 PM
They seem to have some great systems, deals, and relationships with hotels and the parks. Anyone know if they are legit?

Thanks!
:)

jeffat2
09-06-2006, 07:54 PM
We have used them many times ,have had great luck. Give them a try
Jeff

Mermaid
09-06-2006, 08:10 PM
Yes! I have booked through them. Everything was great! The only very minor glitch is they send you vouchers to exchange at Guest Relations. This took less then 10 minutes on arrival. It's not really a factor but a heads up!

kjhgarden
09-06-2006, 08:28 PM
My sister used them last Spring and thought they were great so we are using them for our Oct. trip. Everytime I have called them they have been very helpful, and we got a great deal on our hotel with their 4th night free specials.

Wendi
09-06-2006, 09:29 PM
Yes, I've used them many times, they are fantastic! I haven't booked anything with anyone for quite a while though, I have an AP and just book a hotel on my own these days.

junglemom
09-06-2006, 09:30 PM
Yes, we have also and every thing went very smoothly and there weren't any hidden fees or anything.

darph nader
09-06-2006, 10:02 PM
We've used them 5-6 times. Can't be beat.:cool:

Whittibo
09-07-2006, 06:13 AM
5 of our past 6 trips, and our upcoming trip has been booked with GetAwayToday. They're GREAT! I have never ever once had any problems. I highly recommend them.

stan4d_steph
09-07-2006, 06:37 AM
If you do a search of this forum on "getawaytoday" you'll find a lot of previous discussion also.

Kelli and Mark's mom
09-07-2006, 06:53 AM
We have never used them for Disneyland trips but did use them for our San Diego/Sea World trip and they were wonderful! No problems at all and a very good price. We are looking at their Hawaii trips for our 15th anniversary next year.:D

Whittibo
09-07-2006, 09:03 AM
I thought this was as good of a place as any to give another endorsement for GetAwayToday.

I booked the Residence Inn for our 8 days in Disneyland, and then purchased tickets for the San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal Park. I did NOT get Disneyland tickets because we'll be there for so long, it's cheaper to get AP's then hoppers and GetAwayToday doesn't offer the AP's.

Well I got my package the other day, and it didn't have the lanyard and collectible pin as stated on the website. So I emailed them asking about them because my girls (3 of them) love pin trading and any pin is a good pin.

Today I got this message from GetAwayToday;

We received your e-mail concerning the postcards, pin & lanyard not being in your package. The items you are referring to are only included in Disneyland packages. Since you are not going to Disneyland on your vacation, you would not have received these items. Because your children were looking forward to the pins, I will send out one for each of them.

Please be advised for your future orders that only one set of postcards, one pin, and one lanyard is included, per room, when booking a Disneyland package. If you wish to order more, you can request the GAT upgrade with your package.

Thank you for booking with Get Away Today and we hope you enjoy your vacation!

Sincerely,
(name removed)

Is that customer service or WHAT!!! I can't say enough good things about GetAwayToday!!

rentayenta
09-07-2006, 11:15 AM
I have used GetAwayToday twice and both times were great. I have a friend who works there and they have conferences where the employees go down to Anaheim and stay in the properties that they offer so they have accurate descriptions of them. I am sure they church them up a bit but so far they have been right on with where we've stayed.

Zigen
09-07-2006, 12:20 PM
Is there a trick to using this site for the "good" prices?

Ive been putting down off season dates such as Dec 4th for 2 nights and best price i get is a room for $200+ a night at the cheapy motels....

Ive tried other off season dates... and most of the time im getting $200+ a night for off site property not even close to the gate... Keep in mind, the $200/night is the cheapest price and only goes up from there. $2t0/night at the best western... I think i saw GCH for 500 bucks a night during off season.

masonite
09-07-2006, 12:24 PM
We booked our October trip through them---and got a great deal on property (PPH), for two rooms with the 4th night free!

My parents have used them before, and suggested them! :D

Whittibo
09-07-2006, 01:02 PM
My Residence Inn room (Kids suite) is $220 per night, but they have the 4th night free. We're staying 8 nights, so we'll get 2 free nights. So our total for the room was $1321.00 so an average of $165.13 per night.

I just put in 2 nights for December 4th, and the first package that comes up is $369.00. But keep in mind, that price includes your tickets! You get 2 - 2 day hopper tickets. So if you didn't want the tickets, you would take them off when you do the "book this room". The price of the tickets is $232, so your room is actually only $107 for two nights!

Whittibo
09-07-2006, 01:12 PM
I just found the Best Western Pavilions, and it says it's $409.00 for those two nights. Again, that includes tickets. Once you go to the next screen and remove the tickets, the room itself comes down to $177 for the 2 nights. There is a $15 handling fee, so $192. That's $96 per night.

Kelli and Mark's mom
09-07-2006, 01:35 PM
I keep getting an error message on their website is anyone else having this problem?

hjschulz
09-07-2006, 02:10 PM

Ive been putting down off season dates such as Dec 4th for 2 nights and best price i get is a room for $200+ a night at the cheapy motels....

Ive tried other off season dates... and most of the time im getting $200+ a night for off site property not even close to the gate... Keep in mind, the $200/night is the cheapest price and only goes up from there. $2t0/night at the best western... I think i saw GCH for 500 bucks a night during off season.

Getaway has del sol rooms for only $76 a night for those dates.;)

Whittibo
09-07-2006, 02:12 PM
You have to wait till the page fully loads. I get those messages if I jump the gun and start putting my dates in before the page is done.

tinker3
09-07-2006, 02:52 PM

There is no trick, the prices are what they are.
Remember to look at what the price includes. Usually it includes all tickets unless you choose the option of "take off price of tickets". It's a great place to book your travel. Good luck!

Thanks to this website I recently learned that you could book getawatoday even if you have AP's you just choose the no ticket option. The prices are comperable or better than expedia. Thanks for the heads up guys!:)

Whittibo
09-07-2006, 03:14 PM
Remember to look at what the price includes.

That is a VERY important point! The package includes TAXES which I think is 10.25% or something crazy like that. And some hotels charge for parking, but the GetAwayToday packages include parking.

As I discovered today, if you get the whole package, you get a lanyard and pin too. I also got a calling card which is good for 30 minutes!

nvmom
09-07-2006, 03:21 PM
We've had excellent service with them also. Last trip I booked just my tickets w/them during the "buy an adult park hopper get a child free" promo. We would've done our hotel but their block of suites w/the Camelot was full for our dates. They did try and call the Camelot more than once to see if they could work with us.

I also get errors if I'm not careful.

nvmom

buzzzz
09-08-2006, 08:59 PM
Here's my Getawaytoday story...

I bought Parkhoppers from them for my last trip back in Feb. They sent me vouchers, which made me quite nervous. I'd rather have an acutal ticket in hand, but the price was good so I took the chance.

Because I was concerned about the voucher, I went to the ticket booth the evening I arrived into town, even though I wasn't planning on going to the park until the next morning. My fears were realized when there was some kind of snafu and the two kids tickets were not included on the voucher.

The good news is that, after returning to my hotel room, I called Getawaytoday and left a message on their after-hours line. They called me back and arranged to fax the necessary info to Guest Services first thing in the morning. The next morning they called me again to verify that everything was taken care of. And sure enough, everything was straightened out.

Bottom line is that, although it was an unfortunate mistake (and I'm glad I went to the ticket booth the night before -- I would have been somewhat pi$$ed if I wasted an entire morning slated for being in the park getting it straightened out), Getaway today proved to me that they have OUTSTANDING customer service to take care of all this after hours and early in the morning. As a result, I would recommend these guys -- and don't sweat the vouchers! :)

-Buzzzz

Crazy4DL
09-09-2006, 07:08 AM
-- and don't sweat the vouchers! :)

-Buzzzz

We recently (August) bought 8 day park hoppers only from Getawaytoday. I am not sure if this is new or not, but there were no vouchers. We got a confirmation number from Getawaytoday, took it to the ticket window and they had our hoppers for us. I was told by Getawaytoday that they do the hoppers electronically. I liked that idea much better, no way for me to lose anything and my tickets were just sitting there waiting for me.

Whittibo, we bought 8 day hoppers for $199, APs are $229 (Deluxe) so it is a tiny bit cheaper to buy 8 day hoppers. We upgraded our hoppers so we could do a 9th day. $30 for that one day but upgrading AND now, oh, golly, we have these APs we HAVE to come back down so we can use them. Right? :D :D :D

ETA: I used Getawaytoday because they were the only place I could find the 8 day hoppers and we wanted hopper so we could do early entrance one day. The other reason I felt fine using them was all the great recommendations I read on MP. I was very happy with their service.

momuvseven
09-09-2006, 09:15 AM
We have used GAT several times with and without hoppers. Always a great price and good experience. I always take my vouchers to the ticket booths the night before so that we can be sure that all is in order the next morning. We can usually see the fireworks from the esplanade or walk around downtown disney at the same time. Make sure you take identification because sometimes the ticket agents will ask.

GAT has a payment plan that is fantastic if you want to hold a vacation several months in advance and then pay it off right before you go.