PDA

View Full Version : DCA or Disneyland Parade?

talie95
09-06-2006, 12:24 PM
Hello everyone. We will be spending 2 day at DL/DCA(Oct.) although only half day at DCA and the rest of the time at DL. Since our time is short we are probably only gonna hit one of the parades. If you had to choose, which parade would you rather see? The DCA Block Party Bash or DL Parade of Dreams. BTW, my daughters are 4 years old and 18 months if that makes a difference. Thanks!

rentayenta
09-06-2006, 12:33 PM
That's really tough. My kids really enjoyed both. I would say the Block Party Bash is geared towards younger kids. They can dance with the performers, it's really cute.

The Parade of Dreams is Disney magic and other than waving not interactive.

I guess it would depend on the personalities of your children.

Mommy2NicknMax
09-06-2006, 12:45 PM
I agree that it depends on your children. My two didn't like Block Party Bash to much but LOVE POD. If you decide to see POD, you can pick which parade stop you sit at and that may make it more enjoyable for your children. We always sit at the stop for Mickey and the gang.

Have a great trip!!!

emmah
09-06-2006, 01:14 PM
that is a tough call - i completely loved both. i was prepared to walk away from block party bash as most people said it was mainly for young kids, but ... i wanted to get up and dance too! it's a really high energy performance, and there is a lot to look at - it really made my night. but the parade of dreams is excellent too - totally different kind of show that i wouldn't have wanted to miss. you should see if there isn't a way to squeeze them both in...:)

Frogberto
09-06-2006, 01:47 PM
I saw and didn't care for Block Party Bash, but don't take my recommendation - I think everyone has to decide this particular parade for itself, since it's so unusually different.

Since the parades are typically at 3:15 (Parade of Dreams), 5:15 (block party bash), 7:00 p.m. (Parade of Dreams), and 8:45 p.m. (Electrical Light Parade, although maybe not when you come), you should be able to catch more than one parade, no?

My family really loves the Parade of Dreams. The Lion King float and the Beauty and the Beast and Pinocchio castmembers are pure magic - we've seen this parade over 25 times so far!

annieb727
09-06-2006, 03:07 PM
I didn't care much for the Block Party Bash...but my boys ages 3 1/2 and 1 1/2 at the time LOVED it...then again they also LOVED the parade of dreams...I loved it too :)

mistofviolets
09-06-2006, 03:15 PM
I missed POD, but saw part of block pary bash. I highly (highly) reccomend ear plugs for the little ones. My youngest liked it, but it was too loud to stay and watch the whole thing. A friend had suggested we bring earplugs for performances, but I totally forgot. Would have helped a lot!

kjhgarden
09-06-2006, 08:31 PM
I agree that it depends on your children. My two didn't like Block Party Bash to much but LOVE POD. If you decide to see POD, you can pick which parade stop you sit at and that may make it more enjoyable for your children. We always sit at the stop for Mickey and the gang.

Have a great trip!!!

How do you know where to sit? Are there signs letting you know where Mickey and the gang stop?

stan4d_steph
09-07-2006, 07:21 AM
How do you know where to sit? Are there signs letting you know where Mickey and the gang stop?There's a good summary of the Parade of Dreams stops in this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=41377&highlight=parade+dreams+stop).

Syndrome
09-07-2006, 07:37 AM
I would choose Parade of Dreams as I personally can't stand the Block Party Bash, but then again, I don't have children. Block Party has a lot of the Pixar characters, where as the DL parade has more of the classic Disney characters like Pinocchio, Snow White, etc.

potzbie
09-07-2006, 09:03 AM
I would choose Parade of Dreams as I personally can't stand the Block Party Bash, but then again, I don't have children. Block Party has a lot of the Pixar characters, where as the DL parade has more of the classic Disney characters like Pinocchio, Snow White, etc.

Holy cow!
You don't like Block Party Bash because of Pixar characters?

You mean, the music is great, the colors are great, the variety of floats is great, but because of Pixar, you give a Thumbs Down on BPB?

kandyk
09-07-2006, 09:53 AM
I would choose Parade of Dreams. I have seen both but POD just has a more magical feel to it. Block Party Bash was good to see once, but now we avoid it and listen to the music from a distance.

Syndrome
09-07-2006, 01:21 PM
Holy cow!
You don't like Block Party Bash because of Pixar characters?

You mean, the music is great, the colors are great, the variety of floats is great, but because of Pixar, you give a Thumbs Down on BPB?

Woops! Sorry, I guess I didn't word that as well as I should have. I love Pixar and all of their films. My distaste for BPB is completely unrelated to the Pixar characters being in it.

kiwifuz
09-07-2006, 01:30 PM
I would totally choose POD also. Although I love the ELP if that's an option. BPB was good & fun but I don't know that with kids that age they'd be as into it. I don't have kids, but it almost seemed to me that BPB would be better for school aged kids that would catch on faster to what's going on. DH & I loved it, but I usually think we are about 13 anyway...

MadasaHatter
09-09-2006, 10:07 AM
I am really looking forward to seeing BLOCK PARTY BASH as we are going for a long weekend in OCTOBER and I have never seen it!! I have seen PARADE OF DREAMS a few times and kind of think it is boring. (the MAD HATTER tea party was definitely my favorite.....go figure!!!!)

I dragged my PARADE HATING pals to the LION KING PARADE and they were in awe. That goes down in history as one of THE best attractions. I love the movie themed parades. HERCULES is one of my fave Disney films and that parade was also awesome with the five gospel MUSES wailing on the first float. I also dug the Aladdin parade.

Does anyone else dig the MOVIE-centric parades as much as I do???? I'm sure Disney would love the promotion and we see all of the POD characters in the park anyway. Again just my DON'T LET'S BE SILLY opinion......

nvmom
09-09-2006, 04:28 PM
If you can only plan for one... I'd choose POD.

nvmom