PDA

View Full Version : Booked for June! Talk about planning ahead

Pat-n-Eil
09-05-2006, 09:52 PM
So, I've been looking around and weighing my options and talking it over with my wife and family. We've talked about the HoJo and just about every other motel on South Harbor. We've weighed the options for booking online at AAA and Costco and booking independently - and I decided to do this on my own this time.

We have 5 people going.. so I'm booking 5 airfares and 2 rooms.. and where did we end up?

Park Vue Inn for $96/night per room
And I saw on Aloha Airlines site that airfare for next June could be bought for $49 per person each way, so I jumped on that.

I can get my park tickets at AAA or anywhere.. I can wait to do that.. but I'm excited that my countdown timer is no longer "probable". It's real!

p.s. anyone know how to get priority seating for Aladdin without booking through Disney/AAA/Costco?

annieb727
09-05-2006, 09:57 PM
YAY! Having a trip planned is always a great feeling!!

Pat-n-Eil
09-05-2006, 10:02 PM
Yes.. I love it when I have it booked.

What is going to be special is that in addition to Me, my wife & son and then My daughter and her fiance.. We also have my Father going with his lady too.. He went with her this year. She goes all the time but it was the first time for him since the mid-70s! I haven't been on a family trip this big ever.. They are taking care of their own reservations - going into the GCH I think.

Anyway, this will be fun and different. Definitely going to try and get everyone to go to Goofy's Kitchen for Dinner one night. :)

I Heart Disneyland!
09-05-2006, 10:43 PM
You sound like us! I always have the next trip planned before I leave on my current trip! When I went in May, I already had reservations for November! I think it's a sickness....for which I don't want a cure!!! :)

yellowrosedtxn
09-06-2006, 09:39 AM
I think I am just as bad. I have a trip planned to go to Disneyland for May (IF they have the Pirates 3 Premier), and then we are going to WDW for 10 days in July, and then I am planning for a Christmas trip back at Disneyland.

I am planning, so hopefully it will actually work!

dsnyredhead
09-06-2006, 05:07 PM
We have a trip scheduled in November and then another one scheduled for October 2007.

Niele
09-06-2006, 05:41 PM
OK, so I'm not the only one! My family thinks I'm crazy for booking way ahead. I must say though, I do save money on our flights and get the seats I want - LOL

Pat-n-Eil
09-06-2006, 05:48 PM
I'm having buyer's remorse. Not about going to Disneyland (of course not!) but about the Park Vue Motel. I found out afterward that they don't have any internet access at all. I don't spend my vacations doing business, but I do have businesses I like to check on as well as posting trip reports!

I'm seriously thinking about spending the extra $30/night or so to stay at the Best Western Park Place Inn. Great location, stayed there before and liked it. They have dataports in half the rooms - you just need to ask for them when you book.

Since I'm not really splurging this time (GCH or DLH), I could spend a little extra on the BWPPI right? :fez:

Rhiannon8404
09-06-2006, 06:04 PM
Since I'm not really splurging this time (GCH or DLH), I could spend a little extra on the BWPPI right? :fez:
I would, seriously. Even when I'm on vacation, I like to check in with my message boards, check my email, etc. We're "not splurging" on our November trip by staying at the Candy Cane Inn. $99/night and free breakfast and free high speed wireless internet access.

mariezp
09-06-2006, 07:12 PM
p.s. anyone know how to get priority seating for Aladdin without booking through Disney/AAA/Costco?

I picked up some off ebay.

nvmom
09-07-2006, 03:24 PM
That's some planning all right!
I gotta go check the Aloha Airlines website and see how things are looking for March. Thanks!

nvmom

disneyochem
09-07-2006, 05:45 PM
One thing I like about posting on these boards is that there are soo many people who 'get' it! We are going to DL in November and I already have ressies for our trip in April! Hubby thinks I'm crazy but you don't!

kisroo
09-07-2006, 08:25 PM
Put me in the "WE BOOKED FOR JUNE 2007!!!" camp too, Pat&Eli! I put a deposit down tonight on our anniversary trip to the GCH.

Congrats to you! I say go ahead and splurge for BWPPI! ;)

What are your dates?

~kisroo:) (mourning the "enhanced" fastpass with you)

dlandnut
09-08-2006, 07:59 AM
We have also booked for next June, through AAA. We're staying at the BW Park Place Inn (10 of us). This will be the first time we have not stayed at either the GC or DH, but since the Monorail will apparently be down, this was decided as the best option for our group (two have orthopaedic conditions, so walking is a big deal). Anyway, yippee!!! June 2nd, here we come!!! :)

Pat-n-Eil
09-08-2006, 08:02 AM
Ok, so I cancelled the Park Vue reservations and I told them the reason was because they didn't offer any kind of internet access. Which was the whole truth.

I did book the BWPPI and requested a dataport room. I was also able to get a 2 queen room for my wife, son and I as well as a 1 King room for my daughter & her fiance (a little cheaper). I'm glad I made this decision because my wife really likes the BWPPI and how can you beat the location and restaurant proximity too.

I also saw that although I can't choose the type of room I want, I can book this through AAA for $38 less (probably get 2 "Double" bed rooms) but I'd also get the priority seating. Then again, does anyone know if the Good Neighbor hotels will automatically give that to you by staying there?