PDA

View Full Version : Finding Nemo Delayed Again?

DisneySubs
09-05-2006, 02:36 PM
I was at Disneyland last Friday and received *unofficial* word from a Disney employee that the opening date for the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage has been bumped to SUMMER of 2007 instead of Spring. It has something to do with construction crews taking long breaks. Again this is unofficial.

Anyone who's following the construction of the Finding Nemo ride would probably enjoy this website I designed, there's construction pics, videos, etc:

http://www.DisneySubmarines.com

This whole thing sorta reminds me of the Haunted Mansion becuase the facade opened 6 years before the ride did. I guess Disney is teaching us patience! It's almost a tease to be able to look through the canopy underneath the monorail and see the yellow subs but not be able to ride them for another whole year...

http://www.disneysubmarines.com/html/finding_nemo_construction_31.html

Chad

DisneyDustin22
09-05-2006, 03:09 PM
more "unofficial" news from an employee...:rolleyes:

disneyhound
09-05-2006, 06:18 PM
more "unofficial" news from an employee...:rolleyes:

You can take that to the bank baby!

sleepyjeff
09-06-2006, 08:14 AM
. I guess Disney is teaching us patience! It's almost a tease to be able to look through the canopy underneath the monorail and see the yellow subs but not be able to ride them for another whole year...

Ah to be young again.....when "another whole year" actually was a significant amount of time;)

Darkbeer
09-06-2006, 08:18 AM
The last I heard (and it has been like this for a couple of months) is the ride opening late June/early July of 2007.

The new AP newsletter talks about Finding Nemo and says opening Summer 2007.

DisneySubs
09-06-2006, 08:57 AM
The AP said Summer? Well, then, I guess our unofficial news isn't so unofficial after all... The emlpoyee told me that the workers are only working about 2 hours a day and that's the hold up. They are salaried so they don't have to log hours.

I have a photo gallery on my website that follows progress of the Finding Nemo Construction site dating all the way back to October of 2004 (thanks to Disneygeek and Westcoaster who helped me assemble the album). The most recent picture was taken just last week, but it really doesn't look that much different than the one I took the week before or even the month before. The Disney employee told me it would be another 6 months at least before there would be a significant visible change in the Submarine Lagoon. I'm gonna take my next batch of photos in December and see what that looks like, if anyone is able to get to the park and take photos before that let me know. I'd love to see if anything has changed... Darkbeer you'll be there I'm sure :-)

Oh, almost forgot, here's the photo album:

http://www.disneysubmarines.com/html/finding_nemo_construction_phot.html

Chad

09-06-2006, 11:45 AM
Nice website, DisneySubs! Thanks for the link.

Frogberto
09-06-2006, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the link! The update on another site last month said that all information leads to a July 4th opening date next year.

DisneySubs
09-07-2006, 10:38 AM
July 4th? Awesome. According to Jim Hill's web site, something will happen in this ride "that has never ever happened to you in a Disney theme park attraction before ..."

Sheesh, what's it gonna be? Anyone know?

Oh, and my link above went dead, sorry. Here's the new link to the photo album:

http://www.disneysubmarines.com/html/finding_nemo_construction.html

Chad

Opus1guy
09-07-2006, 11:38 AM
According to Jim Hill's web site, something will happen in this ride "that has never ever happened to you in a Disney theme park attraction before ..."

You'll see previews and ads of ABC's new Fall lineup.

;)

Another Dimension
09-07-2006, 11:44 PM
"that has never ever happened to you in a Disney theme park attraction before ..."

The characters in the attraction try and sell you stuff from the shop at the exit... too? ;)

DisneySubs
09-11-2006, 10:37 PM
Well, he he he! I think that if Disney DIDN'T try to sell you stuff after the ride it would be something "that has never ever happened to you in a Disney theme park attraction before!"

By the way, if the characters IN the attraction sold you stuff that would be interesting becuase I think they are going to be animated hologram type things, but I'm not completely sure. It would be VERY hard to build an animatronic clown fish as small and detailed as Nemo. I'm sure they could do it, but since they are just projecting images from an effects box next to the porthole they may as well just use animation...

Chad
www.DisneySubmarines.com