PDA

View Full Version : Would a veil be considered a costume?

Pirate Lover
09-05-2006, 01:41 PM
My parent's wedding anniversary will fall in the middle of our upcoming trip to Disney, and my mom wants to wear her wedding veil to the park to celebrate. I'm just wondering if you guys think she would be a problem with the 'no adults in costumes in the parks' rule. Thanks!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-05-2006, 02:17 PM
I have seen brides in the park before. I don't see it being a costume.

Pirate Lover
09-05-2006, 03:02 PM
Cool, thanks!

Bolivar
09-05-2006, 03:11 PM
I didn't know they had a no costume rule. How do all those folks get in for bats days?

jazzysmom
09-05-2006, 03:13 PM
I would hope not, but my mom bought a red polka dot dress to match my girls' Minnie dresses and they wouldn't let her in the park. (We were totally unaware of any rules about this). She was really disappointed and it wasted about an hour and a half of our day to wait in line, be told she couldn't wear it, walk all the way back to the hotel, change and walk back and wait in line again. At least with a veil, if they asked you to take it off, you wouldn't have to go and totally change. I hope she can wear it, sounds like fun!

potzbie
09-05-2006, 03:14 PM
Hey!

I've seen those Minnie Mouse-ears bridal veils, and those Mickey Mouse-ears bridgroom hat.

You must have seen them, too.
Those are not home-made. Right?
So, if they allow that, what's the diff, eh?

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-05-2006, 03:17 PM
Cool, thanks!
Wanted to add that I think that is a sweet idea. How many years will they be married?

adriennek
09-05-2006, 03:20 PM
The only time they have brides in the park is when the brides have paid big bucks for wedding packages. ;) The general public can't just walk up to the main gate dressed as a bride and get in.

My answer would be: Maybe. It would depend on the CM, what the veil looks like and how he/she interprets it.

Adrienne

Pirate Lover
09-05-2006, 03:28 PM
Wanted to add that I think that is a sweet idea. How many years will they be married?

Lol, I love the idea too. 22 years on Sept 15. :D

Thanks for all the responces, Everyone! I guess we'll just try it and find out (crosses fingers.)

ChipmunkStar
09-05-2006, 05:20 PM
Hey!

I've seen those Minnie Mouse-ears bridal veils, and those Mickey Mouse-ears bridgroom hat.

You must have seen them, too.
Those are not home-made. Right?
So, if they allow that, what's the diff, eh?

The profit margin.

wardkimballfan
09-05-2006, 05:46 PM
For a minute I thought you were asking if ONLY a veil constituted a costume. Like, that and nothing else on. I'd sure like to see someone try that some day.

RockDoc07
09-05-2006, 07:12 PM
You could wear the veil that they sell in many of the hat stores with the minnie ears no problem. I think that's the way to go! :)

Have a great time on your trip!

Doc

Pirate Lover
09-05-2006, 08:40 PM
You could wear the veil that they sell in many of the hat stores with the minnie ears no problem. I think that's the way to go! :)

I'm planning to buy one for my mom if her actual veil doesn't work out, thanks! :D

annieb727
09-05-2006, 08:46 PM
i absolutely LOVE the minnie veil...i got one in December - we were there for our five year anniversary. of course everyone thought we were on our honeymoon - we finally just started saying thank you when people said congratulations.

but it's SO pretty!!! i LOVE it!!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-06-2006, 01:13 AM
The only time they have brides in the park is when the brides have paid big bucks for wedding packages. ;) The general public can't just walk up to the main gate dressed as a bride and get in.

My answer would be: Maybe. It would depend on the CM, what the veil looks like and how he/she interprets it.

Adrienne

I was referring to brides, as in when I have seen women wearing the Minnie ears with a veil. Assuming they were brides and not just people who liked those ears.