PDA

View Full Version : October [2006] Trip

DDDB
09-05-2006, 11:43 AM
We're trying to decide if Halloween Time at DLR is worth making the trip for, any ideas of what to expect compared to August??:confused:

Whittibo
09-05-2006, 12:35 PM
I expect it to be cooler and lighter crowds. That's why we're going October 24th - November 4th.

We have done all sorts of combinations; Aug/Sept, Sept/Oct, Nov/Dec, Oct/Nov. And have found Oct/Nov to have been our favorite trip.

DDDB
09-05-2006, 02:37 PM
Are the decorations worth going for?? Halloween events?

Whittibo
09-05-2006, 04:12 PM
I am not very much into Halloween, so I can't say I even pay attention. I am not thrilled with the haunted mansion layover, I would rather it stay just the haunted mansion. But that's just me.

The decorations I really love are the Christmas ones. Our Nov/Dec trip was nice because of the holiday things, but it was cold that year. I don't like wearing multiple layers of clothes, and that year I had on 3-4 layers and was still shivering. Not fun.

Last year we went Sept/Oct. and it was record heat. 90+ was just too hot. So we're hoping for cooler weather this year going a month later. The one time we went Oct/Nov, I remember having to wear a light sweater in the morning and evening, but nothing more then that. By noon we were all taking them off and stuffing them in the stroller.