PDA

View Full Version : Not Strips, Dips, and Chips!

Pages : [1] 2

dznyphreak
09-05-2006, 10:42 AM
So today's update said that Strips Dips and Chips would be closing to relinquish its space to Midway Madness. Anyone else going to miss it? I guess I'll have to wait forever at the place in Frontierland (the name eludes me). Say it ain't so!

Andrew
09-05-2006, 11:39 AM
Stage Door Cafe, and yes I'll miss SD&C somewhat. The cheese sticks were quite good.

cstephens
09-05-2006, 12:31 PM
Funny, since they duplicated the menu at Stage Door and Golden Horseshoe, we haven't been to Strips at all. I hope they still have the same menu when the Golden Horseshoe returns.

olegc
09-05-2006, 12:34 PM
Funny, since they duplicated the menu at Stage Door and Golden Horseshoe, we haven't been to Strips at all. I hope they still have the same menu when the Golden Horseshoe returns.

nope - it's back to Stage door for you. Word is that GH will be an ice cream parlor...

I thought it was interesting that the ONLY food on the Midway side of DCA now will be Pizza Oom Mau Mau and then Burger Madness. - Oh, and Ariels...

I guess food carts will be plentiful over there once everything is done. but be ready to walk more...

Alex S.
09-05-2006, 12:47 PM
Something I forgot to mention in the park update is that apparently the menu for SDC will be mostly duplicated at some as-yet-unannounced food location around Farmer's Market. I don't have a clear sense on whether this will be a new thing AT Farmer's Market or if an entirely new place is in the future (the rumors surrounding Bountiful Valley Farm are swirly and inconsistent.

cstephens
09-05-2006, 12:47 PM
nope - it's back to Stage door for you. Word is that GH will be an ice cream parlor...

So if you want to see the Billies, all you get to eat is ice cream? :confused: :confused:

(OT - anyone else confused thinking they were turning General Hospital into an ice cream parlor? No, hmmm, must just be me. Sorry, carry on.)

evrythngwmn
09-05-2006, 12:50 PM
Does anyone else think it's odd that a saloon is becoming an ice cream parlor?

dznyphreak
09-05-2006, 01:18 PM
Something I forgot to mention in the park update is that apparently the menu for SDC will be mostly duplicated at some as-yet-unannounced food location around Farmer's Market. I don't have a clear sense on whether this will be a new thing AT Farmer's Market or if an entirely new place is in the future (the rumors surrounding Bountiful Valley Farm are swirly and inconsistent.
Ooo! Don't know if it's at all related, but a few months ago I was with a friend enjoying a shake from "Sam Andrea's" when a bunch of white-collar, Imagineer-ish people were in the area with clipboards and measuring tape. Perhaps a new food service building???

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-05-2006, 02:35 PM
Bummer. But I am glad they still have those delicious cheese sticks at Stage Door.

cstephens
09-05-2006, 03:34 PM
We had the fried cheese once and it didn't do much for us. Now, the Mickey cheese that you used to be able to get from Harbour Gallery - mmmmm, that stuff was good.

averagedork
09-05-2006, 05:03 PM
So wait... Strips, Dips, and Chips is going to be games? Or...?

DCA has yucky food. I was really disappointed in them when Soap Opera became Playhouse Disney and really the only thing there that appeals to me (okay aside from the beer cart and the soup place) is the Shake shack only because it's so rare to find date shakes and I love them.

dznyphreak
09-05-2006, 05:22 PM
So wait... Strips, Dips, and Chips is going to be games? Or...?

DCA has yucky food. I was really disappointed in them when Soap Opera became Playhouse Disney and really the only thing there that appeals to me (okay aside from the beer cart and the soup place) is the Shake shack only because it's so rare to find date shakes and I love them.
No. SDC will be removed along with the photo place, boardwalk games, and Maliburritos to make room for the planned Midway Madness dark ride to be built inside the building(s).

Mermaid
09-05-2006, 07:36 PM
I'm bummed too. I liked SDC!!! There was plenty of places to sit and the food was decent. I may have to hit it up when I am there next weekend!

The old man
09-06-2006, 06:54 AM
Does anyone else think it's odd that a saloon is becoming an ice cream parlor?
Not if its larger and better manned than Gibson Girl. During busy times GG has an average of a half hour, or longer, wait and usually you have to do the "hover dance" to try and snag a table.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-06-2006, 09:43 PM
Not if its larger and better manned than Gibson Girl. During busy times GG has an average of a half hour, or longer, wait and usually you have to do the "hover dance" to try and snag a table.
We prefer Main Street Cone Shop.

cstephens
09-07-2006, 07:02 AM
We prefer Main Street Cone Shop.

If they happen to be open. Plus, they don't have the same choice of flavors as at Gibson Girl.

stan4d_steph
09-07-2006, 07:16 AM
If they happen to be open. Plus, they don't have the same choice of flavors as at Gibson Girl.No, but they do have the cookie ice cream sandwich with fresh chocolate chip cookies that isn't available across the way.

averagedork
09-07-2006, 07:36 AM
Or the rad caramel apple... love that!

Gutz
09-07-2006, 08:57 AM
Does anyone know if the boardwalk games will be gone for good or will they be re-located?

dznyphreak
09-07-2006, 04:22 PM
The only problem would be finding a place to relocate them to...

Darkbeer
09-07-2006, 04:38 PM
Also, many folks do not think these type of games belong in a Disney park, so removing them might be a way to try and get rid of one of the "DCA" issues.

I think the most telling thing is if they remove the Basketball game near Pizza Oom Mow Mow

dznyphreak
09-07-2006, 06:22 PM
I'm sitting here looking at the six monkeys and three snakes hanging in my closet, realizing how easy those games can be...
I agree that they don't really fit the Disney image. Could you imagine carrying home a giant stuffed Brer Rabbit or Small World doll? Not exactly Disney-esque.

corona
10-02-2006, 02:07 PM
... at Farmers Market. Chicken strips are $7.99. Funnel cake is $5.49

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
10-02-2006, 04:39 PM
Does anyone know when Strips, Dips and Chips will be closing? I am taking a day trip to the park, alone, on October 18th, and would love to get a snack there, one last time. TIA!

PirateSmile
10-02-2006, 05:03 PM
Aw, I loved that place. It was the only place I ever ate at down in DCA, other than Ariel's Grotto.