PDA

View Full Version : "Single-Rider" Line Questions...

ktrm
02-26-2006, 09:20 AM
What and how does Single Rider Service work? I saw that it was available for splash mountain. Since I am going with two small children and a grandparent, single rider service might work for me for splash mountain. My mom can watch the kids while I ride...Hee, Hee.

Vegitabeta
02-26-2006, 09:27 AM
Basically there is a seperate line for single rider, you go and wait in that line by yourself, and they'll use you to fill up the available seats in the ride vehicle. If you are riding alone, then this is muc faster than waiting in the proper line:)

Squeaky
02-26-2006, 10:09 AM
The last few times I was there, you had to enter near the fastpass return and get a ticket, or paper from them that indicated that you are a single rider... The cast member at fastpass return should be able to help you! :)

minniemom
02-26-2006, 02:36 PM
One year it was only my husband and I we did single rider and it was so nice. We saved a lot of time from waiting in line and didn't mind riding in different vehicles.

Another Dimension
02-26-2006, 06:06 PM
Visit the Cast Member at the front of the attraction, (the same place you pick up a Child Switch Pass as well...) and ask for a Single Rider Pass. Most of the time the Cast Member will ask you if you know where to go.
If they don't... use the attraction exit. Walk into the attraction exit and wait in a safe area (not quite the unload area) and wait until a Cast Member sees you with your Single Rider Pass, and then the unload CM will have further instructions for you.

In addition to Splash Mtn at Disneyland... California Screamin, Grizzily River Run, Soarin' over California, the Maliboomer and Mulholland Madness at DCA all have a Single Rider Line.

If there is any doubt where to go with your Single Rider Pass... ask the Cast Member that gave it to you. :cool:

California Screamin' for example, after getting your Single Rider Pass, you enter the Special Assistance exit that is up on the Pier and do not use the Main Exit that leads to the Photo location. Once you enter the SA exit, just wait in the Single Rider queue, labeled with a sign.
Sometimes you have to use both elevators to get to the load area (if the Cast Member directs you to it), but with a good Screamin' crew operating.. most of the time they just load Single Riders straight into the left side of the loading coaster train and then you are on Cali in even less time!

ktrm
02-26-2006, 07:39 PM
Thanks so much for this info!!!!I did not know about this at all. It sounds like a great way to save time.

nvmom
02-26-2006, 08:53 PM
I need to take not of this info. There may be a few rides my niece wants to do alone. Splash Mtn is the only DL ride that does single rider?

nvmom

Another Dimension
02-26-2006, 09:39 PM
Splash Mtn is the only DL ride that does single rider?

Yes.. only Splash Mtn at DL.

aricbell
09-04-2006, 02:24 PM
I appriciate any help for my next trip to DLR...

1) Does the Tower of Terror have a Single Rider entrance?

2) What time are Single-Rider passes stopped given?

cardfrek
09-04-2006, 02:26 PM
1. No single rider for Tower of Terror
2. Single rider passes are usually given out up till 1/2 hour of park close, but it depends on the attraction. Sometimes they will allow single riders till park close or stop at 1/2 hour before.

bradk
09-04-2006, 02:34 PM
very often however they need single riders to fill spaces on the vehicle, so just keep your ears open.

dznyphreak
09-04-2006, 05:50 PM
Also, I've been to SR rides and not needed a pass. It seems to change depending on when you go. The major bummer is that Splash is the only ride in DL that offers SR. They need more.

annieb727
09-06-2006, 01:02 PM
In addition to Splash Mtn at Disneyland... California Screamin, Grizzily River Run, Soarin' over California, the Maliboomer and Mulholland Madness at DCA all have a Single Rider Line.

Are these still correct? I am trying to do ridemax, and it only has Soarin' Over California and Splash Mountain as having Single Rider options??

stan4d_steph
09-06-2006, 01:07 PM
Are these still correct? I am trying to do ridemax, and it only has Soarin' Over California and Splash Mountain as having Single Rider options??Check out this article on MousePlanet (http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=tp060829sl). There is a list toward the end that shows which attractions currently have Single Rider.

annieb727
09-06-2006, 01:16 PM
thanks - didn't know that article existed - very cool! :)

Bytebear
09-06-2006, 01:17 PM

Are these still correct? I am trying to do ridemax, and it only has Soarin' Over California and Splash Mountain as having Single Rider options??

yes, these are correct.