PDA

View Full Version : Too good to be true (GCH rates on getawaytoday)?

Pages : [1] 2

IdahoMike
09-03-2006, 09:24 PM
I was just browsing on getawaytoday.com, and put in a package deal for the dates of our next vacation, and then took the parkhoppers out of the package (we have AP's), and it quoted me $834 for 7 nights at the Grand Californian (119 per). I know that site has great rates and all, but does that seem too good to be true?
For those that have booked through them, you have to pay ahead, correct?

thanks,
Mike

MammaSilva
09-03-2006, 09:29 PM
I would call and talk to an agent, cuz 119 for the GCH sounds like a glitch in the system but stranger things have happened.

Rockchalker
09-03-2006, 09:37 PM
Even if it is a glitch, most companies will honor it if you pay (paid) for it.

rosie
09-03-2006, 10:48 PM
Everything is prepaid. But I got a great rate for the Paradise Pier Hotel in Dec. (one nite free)..better than any other site.
When are you going???

I Heart Disneyland!
09-03-2006, 10:58 PM
I hope you grabbed it because I just tried it and it says there's an error on that page. If you did....way to go!!!!

rentayenta
09-04-2006, 06:37 AM
I was just browsing on getawaytoday.com, and put in a package deal for the dates of our next vacation, and then took the parkhoppers out of the package (we have AP's), and it quoted me $834 for 7 nights at the Grand Californian (119 per). I know that site has great rates and all, but does that seem too good to be true?
For those that have booked through them, you have to pay ahead, correct?

thanks,
Mike

Grab it and run. I have a friend at getawaytoday and they are a really good company and I am sure they'd honor what you paid and what they quoted!

Whittibo
09-04-2006, 06:42 AM
Oh I hope you booked it. :s

I love computer glitches. Usually I procrastinate and lose out though.

rentayenta
09-04-2006, 07:01 AM
I just put in our December dates and for 7 night at the GCH it quoted me $0. Someone tell me how to book that fast!!!! ;)

I swear it really did. But it didn't include the tickets. :D

momuvseven
09-04-2006, 07:08 AM
They have a payment plan. $150 to hold your package and the rest is due thirty days before you travel. Cancelations are $50 and changes are $10.

I am always happy with their service.

Squeaky
09-04-2006, 07:22 AM
lucky for you guys.. I put my dates in and it quoted me 450 a night without tickets.. go for it guys!!

A parent at work told me about this website that looks for glitches like that ($0 a night) and lists them all. I'd love to know the name of it, he said he'd get it for me, then we went on Christmas break (2 week break) and it never happened.. oh well.. but he said he actually booked a trip to Mexico and his hotel was $0 a night (They forgot the 9 before it or something) and it was honored!

Genris
09-04-2006, 07:49 AM
I just put in our December dates and for 7 night at the GCH it quoted me $0. Someone tell me how to book that fast!!!! ;)

I swear it really did. But it didn't include the tickets. :D

It did the same for dates in February that I tried to book. And when I clicked on "book hotel" it popped up an error screen. :p

IdahoMike
09-05-2006, 07:51 AM
It let me book it today, 7 nights, total including tax $834.00. We'll see what happens, glitch or not I hope they honor it! My family will love it!

samkj
09-05-2006, 08:46 AM
They are guaranteeing prices through Dec 31, so there may be a price increase. Here's a quote from the "Rules and Information" page.

Packages and attraction vouchers used after December 31, 2006 are subject to price increases and restrictions

annieb727
09-05-2006, 09:51 AM
It let me book it today, 7 nights, total including tax $834.00. We'll see what happens, glitch or not I hope they honor it! My family will love it!

That's INCREDIBLE!! What were your dates of travel? I think if I could get a deal like that, I would HAVE to make a trip to DL just because of the great deal LOL

Devilwife
09-05-2006, 10:56 AM
Ok I really wish I would have waited. That's $120 cheaper on Getawaytoday.com then I got it for at Costco.com.
I called Costco Travel and they won't do anything :crying:

Oh Well....61 more days and I will be hangin with the mouse and won't care.

kjhgarden
09-05-2006, 11:07 AM
I used Get A Way Today for our hotel reservations, Residence Inn. We paid for it at the time of reservation and within a week we were sent the voucher for the hotel, which we are to present to the hotel front desk at check in. All taxes, room fees etc. were included. Since you've already paid for it I can't imagine them calling you and saying you need to pay more for your hotel. You should get your hotel voucher within the week. What a deal, that is same price we paid for the Residence Inn, Garden Grove.

Alisonsmom
09-05-2006, 03:04 PM

Yes Yes, what dates??? I need to book that!

Whittibo
09-05-2006, 06:14 PM
I used Get A Way Today for our hotel reservations, Residence Inn. We paid for it at the time of reservation and within a week we were sent the voucher for the hotel,

kjhgarden, did you get the lanyard and pin with your package? It says you get them as well as the postcards, but I didn't get either one. The phone card says "while supplies last", which I got one of those (won't use it though as I can just use my cell)

I wrote to them asking for the lanyard and pin because my kids are traders and it would be nice to have the pin to trade.

rentayenta
09-05-2006, 07:09 PM

Yay you!!!!

I keep trying to book it and I am getting the $0 rate for the correct dates but it won't let me book- go figure. :p

kjhgarden
09-05-2006, 09:09 PM
Whittibo, I didn't recieve the lanyard and pin either because I didn't order tickets. I was going to order tickets through them at a later date but now I am going through the gaydays site, much better prices so I am glad I waited.. I did recieve the calling card though. Let me know if they send you some, I would love to get those items too.

Disney Village
09-05-2006, 09:13 PM
There was a glitch in WDW's reservation system a couple of weeks ago...a buddy of mine got the Grand Floridian at $120 plus tax per night. He booked it online but was so worried that they would not honor the rate, he called WDW reservations and found out it was a computer error, but the good news was not only did they honor the rate, but gave him a $100 food and beverage credit at the hotel for calling and pointing out the error to WDW reservations (apparently WDW was not aware of the pricing error until he called).

Whittibo
09-06-2006, 02:10 AM
Whittibo, I didn't recieve the lanyard and pin either because I didn't order tickets. I was going to order tickets through them at a later date but now I am going through the gaydays site, much better prices so I am glad I waited.. I did recieve the calling card though. Let me know if they send you some, I would love to get those items too.

Humm.. I didn't get the Disneyland tickets through them either because I am getting AP's. I wonder if that's why I didn't get the lanyard/pin. Maybe they don't give the DL pin, if you don't get the DL tickets. Bummer! :crying:

IdahoMike
09-14-2006, 07:07 PM
Just an update. Got my pamphlet in the mail from getawaytoday, and my CC has been charged the $834.00, so it is a done deal. Jan 1st-8th, $119 per night at the Grand Californian! WooHoo! Of course, I'm not cancelling my res. at the CandyCane until I call the GC the week before and confirm with a live person, but still, WooHoo!

Pirate Princess
09-14-2006, 07:31 PM
Just an update. Got my pamphlet in the mail from getawaytoday, and my CC has been charged the $834.00, so it is a done deal. Jan 1st-8th, $119 per night at the Grand Californian! WooHoo! Of course, I'm not cancelling my res. at the CandyCane until I call the GC the week before and confirm with a live person, but still, WooHoo!
Pooh! I just checked my dates and it's 829 for 2 NIGHTS!!! Eek!

ETA: Your dates are now: $2,494.34 WHAT A DEAL YOU GOT!!!

Crazy4DL
09-15-2006, 08:41 AM
Just an update. Got my pamphlet in the mail from getawaytoday, and my CC has been charged the $834.00, so it is a done deal. Jan 1st-8th, $119 per night at the Grand Californian! !

High Five!!! Yay! :D
(wise more on keeping the CCI reservations just in case but sure sounds to go at the GCH imo)