PDA

View Full Version : Tower of Terror?

nvmom
09-03-2006, 07:43 PM
So I just read on another thread that you walk thru the Tower of Terror que, check it out and then exit before you get on the ride? Do you need to tell the CM this ahead of time when you enter?

nvmom

bradk
09-03-2006, 07:52 PM
i would just wait until you got to the point where they load people into the elevator and tell the CM then. unless you're alone, then maybe after the preshow. you prob don't want to wait in line inside just to get off.

most every attraction has some sort of exit available before the vehicle.

ralfrick
09-03-2006, 07:55 PM
I wouldn't think. Most exits are clear if your looking for them, but if nothing else you could ask when leaving the library (where the TV is) or at load for the elevator. I'd also add that sine the elevator is encolsed, it doesn't have nearly as much of a scary factor as a drop ride that's fully exposed, but obviously that's a call everyone make for themselves.

Cheers.

Bolivar
09-03-2006, 08:03 PM
Last December my wife, 11-year-old and 8-year-old were standing outside the Tower of Terror talking to my daughter about whether she wants to try it or not. The "doorman" came over, leaned down to my daughter and told her that she could just walk inside look around and then leave any time she likes. She could go all the way to getting on the ride and then decide not to ride it.

That convinced my daughter to go inside. We went into the lobby, into the library where you watch the TV, through the line all the way to loading the elevator. We were put on the brass squares that identify the seat you will have and she chickened out. So they took her and I aside and put two others there. We stood to the side while my wife and son loaded. After watching the doors open and seeing them walk in my daughter decided she wanted to try it. So, I told the CM and he not only loaded us on the next elevator, but he saved the two spots next to us and when my wife and son got off he brought them around and had them load with us. So they got back to back rides and we all got to go together.

The point is that they were very nice about all this and acted like it happens all the time. I don't know if it does or not but they made us feel very comfortable about all that.

And by the way, it completely terrified my daughter.

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
09-03-2006, 10:32 PM
Last December my wife, 11-year-old and 8-year-old were standing outside the Tower of Terror talking to my daughter about whether she wants to try it or not. The "doorman" came over, leaned down to my daughter and told her that she could just walk inside look around and then leave any time she likes. She could go all the way to getting on the ride and then decide not to ride it.

That convinced my daughter to go inside. We went into the lobby, into the library where you watch the TV, through the line all the way to loading the elevator. We were put on the brass squares that identify the seat you will have and she chickened out. So they took her and I aside and put two others there. We stood to the side while my wife and son loaded. After watching the doors open and seeing them walk in my daughter decided she wanted to try it. So, I told the CM and he not only loaded us on the next elevator, but he saved the two spots next to us and when my wife and son got off he brought them around and had them load with us. So they got back to back rides and we all got to go together.

The point is that they were very nice about all this and acted like it happens all the time. I don't know if it does or not but they made us feel very comfortable about all that.

And by the way, it completely terrified my daughter.

Well, that is a good CM, isn't it?! Did you get his name?

Bolivar
09-03-2006, 11:02 PM
It is actually two or three good CMs. The doorman, the guy at the loading area and I think there was a second guy at the loading area. But no, I didn't get names which I was sorry about because later I realized I wanted to send in a good word for them -- especially the doorman.

evrythngwmn
09-03-2006, 11:45 PM
It is actually two or three good CMs. The doorman, the guy at the loading area and I think there was a second guy at the loading area. But no, I didn't get names which I was sorry about because later I realized I wanted to send in a good word for them -- especially the doorman.

For a future note, you can still follow up with a comment. Just note time of day and CM descriptions. The Resort is pretty good with matching to the correct CMs.

Another Dimension
09-04-2006, 01:54 AM
Well, that is a good CM, isn't it?!

Good CM's are just awesome!
Sometimes the even the littlest things can mean so much!

Thank you and cheers and :D :D :D to all GOOD Cast Members.

The others, :rolleyes:, eh!

The Good ones still overshadow the bad and make all the difference in the world. :cool:

doombuggy driver
09-04-2006, 06:02 AM
The others, :rolleyes:, eh!

The Good ones still overshadow the bad and make all the difference in the world. :cool:

CMHyperion?:confused: