PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Website [December hours]

rosie
09-03-2006, 02:56 PM
Disneyland now has it's park hours listed for December! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....who's with me????

rentayenta
09-03-2006, 02:59 PM
Disneyland now has it's park hours listed for December! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....who's with me????

I am sorta with you. I wish the hours were later during our visit but it's nice to have them posted. I suspect they will change a little because the entertainment times aren't posted or the early closures for the CM parties.

But Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee anyway! ;)

dznyphreak
09-03-2006, 03:03 PM
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
I'm excited for the holidays...it's the only thing to look forward to when summer ends. I'm hoping Dec. 31st's hours are wrong since my friend and I are looking forward to spending NYE there. Anyone know if it'll have the same hours as last year???

Malcon10t
09-03-2006, 04:28 PM
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
I'm excited for the holidays...it's the only thing to look forward to when summer ends. I'm hoping Dec. 31st's hours are wrong since my friend and I are looking forward to spending NYE there. Anyone know if it'll have the same hours as last year???It should. I know last year, they didn't change the NYE hours til November. The last couple years it has been til 2am, one year I think it was 3am.

dznyphreak
09-03-2006, 04:33 PM
It should. I know last year, they didn't change the NYE hours til November. The last couple years it has been til 2am, one year I think it was 3am.
Thanks...I can't see why they wouldn't be open late.

Oh, Malcon10t...were you at DL at all this past week (thurs or sat)? I think I saw your "cute black lab puppy with a yellow cape," but didn't put two and two together.

Darkbeer
09-03-2006, 06:53 PM
Note, there are some errors on the calendar....

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=59457

First off, they have not taken into consideration the Mickey's Halloween Treat events on October 26th, 30th and 31st... DCA needs to close at 5 PM for the event (90 minutes prior to the event), they did get the time right for the other days (13th, 20th, 22nd, 27th and 29th).

And the CHOC walk is Sunday, October 8th, and that has ALWAYS made Disneyland open at 10 AM.

Thursday, November 16th looks like a typo, I presume that Disneyland will close at 8 PM, not Midnight.

Also, there are no early closings for the CM Christmas parties. (Held in Early December).

You think they could have got it right after making us wait this long....

Darkbeer
09-09-2006, 08:33 PM
FYI, the Calendar has been fixed, and now reflects the info I had posted.

The Staff Christmas Parties will be December 4th and 5th, with Disneyland closing at 6 PM those two days.

DadandFamily
09-10-2006, 07:02 AM
Here is the link I use for the Disney Resort Monthly Calendar (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/calendar/monthly/monthly?name=CalendarMonthlyPage&bhcp=1) :

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/calendar/monthly/monthly?name=CalendarMonthlyPage&bhcp=1

Malcon10t
09-10-2006, 07:43 AM
Thanks...I can't see why they wouldn't be open late.

Oh, Malcon10t...were you at DL at all this past week (thurs or sat)? I think I saw your "cute black lab puppy with a yellow cape," but didn't put two and two together.
Nooo, I wish though! All the kids are back in school. But, there are a lot of raisers in the LA area, so it could have been one of them.

rentayenta
09-10-2006, 07:54 AM
FYI, the Calendar has been fixed, and now reflects the info I had posted.

The Staff Christmas Parties will be December 4th and 5th, with Disneyland closing at 6 PM those two days.

I am glad I won't be there for the CM parties but I was hoping the week are going would have later hours.

pisces
09-10-2006, 12:38 PM
Wow, they are gettin' their Holiday act together way earlier than they did last year.

Last year, nobody even knew if there would be a Holiday, and certainly no Calendar, at least till October!

Shock: Take a look at Sunday Dec. 31----the Park is closing right at 12:00pm. ??????

Aren't they supposed to stay open, at least till 2:00 am, on New Years Eve ????

Maybe that's a misprint.

Also, check out Monday Jan 1, 2007.....the park closes at 11:00 pm, but DCA closes at 8:00 pm.....!!!

8:00 pm for DCA on New Years Day.....that should tell you all something.

---That's on a Monday, and I remember last New Years Monday.....

I wouldn't expect too much from Disney the week of Jan 1. ---Going by how it was in previous years.

ALSO: Christmas EVE the Park closes at 9:00 pm. That's not too bad, for Christmas Eve, right?

They are starting their extended hours (8:00 am- Midnight) on Dec. 15----wow, I had no idea 'Peak Period' began that early in December!

REMEMBER: 'Midnight' means just the rides. Main Street stays open an hour after that. So on those nights you can literally be on Main Street, and in the shops till 1:00 am !!!!

I love those late December nights!

rentayenta
09-10-2006, 03:07 PM
I love those late December nights!

I do too! We'll have 3 late nights. I wonder if DL does fireworks when they close at 8:00 pm?

Darkbeer
09-10-2006, 04:02 PM
I do too! We'll have 3 late nights. I wonder if DL does fireworks when they close at 8:00 pm?

Starting November 10th, the Believe in Holiday Magic Fireworks with the snow effect will be offered nightly (weather permitting) thru the end fo the year.

If the park closes at 8 PM, fireworks will be 7:45 PM, on December 4th and 5th, they will be at 5:45 PM since the park closes at 6 PM, and then all other nights, the fireworks will be at the traditional 9:25 PM.

pisces
09-10-2006, 04:10 PM
Believe !!!

Really???

The one where that old lady goes "Cherish those Christmas memories, and always Believe " !!!

That Believe?

I've been waiting for the Believe fireworks since 2004!

I hope it's the same 'Believe' and not a re-worked one with Julie Andrews.

And, I hope the tree is the real Christmas-y one with the toy soldiers and other critters.

Plus, the garland going across Main Street.

It's gonna be a traditional Christmas, this year.

Soooo exciting!

rentayenta
09-10-2006, 04:44 PM
Starting November 10th, the Believe in Holiday Magic Fireworks with the snow effect will be offered nightly (weather permitting) thru the end fo the year.

If the park closes at 8 PM, fireworks will be 7:45 PM, on December 4th and 5th, they will be at 5:45 PM since the park closes at 6 PM, and then all other nights, the fireworks will be at the traditional 9:25 PM.

This is the best news ever!!!!! I am so excited we'll have a full week of opportunites to catch the fireworks.

What about F!? When does it typically show with the reduced December hours?

And any news on the MSEP in DCA? It closes at 6:00 on the weeknights and 10 on the weekend.

Darkbeer
09-10-2006, 05:26 PM
Disney's Electrical Parade is on Hiatus, folks expect it to return December 15th for a limited Christmas Peak run before going back on Hiatus.

Fantasmic! is usually limited to Friday thru Sunday nights except for Thanksgiving week, and from December 15th thru the end of the year.

Also, the schedule shows JUST the Christmas Parade, and not the Parade of Dreams, so looks like we will have the Garland back on Main Street :)

rentayenta
09-10-2006, 06:15 PM
Disney's Electrical Parade is on Hiatus, folks expect it to return December 15th for a limited Christmas Peak run before going back on Hiatus.

Fantasmic! is usually limited to Friday thru Sunday nights except for Thanksgiving week, and from December 15th thru the end of the year.

Also, the schedule shows JUST the Christmas Parade, and not the Parade of Dreams, so looks like we will have the Garland back on Main Street :)

Thanks Darkbeer! The MSEP is our favorite and would hate to miss it. We'll be there from the 11th- 18th, leaving on the morning of the 18th, so it looks like we'll be pretty busy the 15-17 trying to fit in all of the weekend only entertainment.

I tried to talk the kids into going for DD7's bday and she said she doesn't want be at Disneyland again for her birthday. Clearly I am not raising her right. The other two were all for it.

pisces
09-10-2006, 06:46 PM
A traditional Christmas with all the trimmings!

Now that I think of it, last year's Gold Tree, just didn't come off.

It didn't play.

The tree with the critters is better. Much more warmth, and charming:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pisceslibra/31062788/

I hope they saved some of those ornaments from 2004...precious:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pisceslibra/41486393/

And let's just hope Goofy/Santa will be back up front, where they belong:
http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=31063634&size=l

I really can't wait. I'm counting the days.

Although, I don't want time to go too fast....

DangerMouse
09-10-2006, 06:47 PM
I tried to talk the kids into going for DD7's bday and she said she doesn't want be at Disneyland again for her birthday. Clearly I am not raising her right. The other two were all for it.

Good grief, Jenny, what 7 year old doesn't want to be at DL for her birthday? Something MUST be wrong with that girl! I recommend forcing her to listen to the 50th CD's repeatedly until she changes her mind. ;) :p :D

I'm so happy for you that the EP is running during your stay. It's our family's favorite, too. I thought you were going earlier in December though. Did you change your plans?

Darkbeer
09-10-2006, 06:59 PM
Disney was VERY happy with how the Santa's Reindeer Round Up worked.

It helped the traffic in Town Square.

They can let Santa and the other events happen longer.

It helped drive folks to a lesser used area.

They sold a LOT of photos with Santa, having the ability to see the photo right away and buy them on impulse worked great.

Don't expect to see Santa return to Town Square....

rentayenta
09-10-2006, 07:20 PM
Good grief, Jenny, what 7 year old doesn't want to be at DL for her birthday? Something MUST be wrong with that girl! I recommend forcing her to listen to the 50th CD's repeatedly until she changes her mind. ;) :p :D

I'm so happy for you that the EP is running during your stay. It's our family's favorite, too. I thought you were going earlier in December though. Did you change your plans?

I know! She cannot be related to me but I have the scar to prove it! Can you imagine not wanting to be in Disneyland for your birthday? Good gravy! :rolleyes:

Orignally we had tossed early December around but decided against it due to the CM parties and the Candlelight. I am even more glad we are going later now due to the Matterhorn closure and the EP up and running our last few days.

Are you making a holiday trip this year?

DangerMouse
09-10-2006, 08:40 PM
Are you making a holiday trip this year?

I wish! :crying: Dh said it would be 2008 before our next trip after our AP's expired last spring. :rolleyes: So I think a holiday trip truly is out of the question. However, I am pretty darn certain he can't deny me a trip if they have the "kids play free promotion" after the first of the year. It would be a sin to miss out on that kind of disney savings! :~D In the meantime, I get my disney fix by planning trips for others. I'm currently planning packages for two families who are going this fall.

Let me guess, you're staying at the PP and getting a Christmas tree in your room, right? :D

mariezp
09-11-2006, 10:13 AM
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! from me too! We will be there Dec. 2-13. It is our first trip during the Christmas season. We are soooo looking forward to it!
I am a little panicked over what to pack but have decided if we need additional clothing we will just purchase it there as a souvineer!

Pammer
09-11-2006, 11:43 AM
I just finalized plans (airfare and lodging) for December 9-12 to celebrate an early Christmas with my hubby's family! So what if I just returned from two weeks in Orlando six weeks prior...I have APs begging to be used! :D

rentayenta
09-11-2006, 11:55 AM
I wish! :crying: Dh said it would be 2008 before our next trip after our AP's expired last spring. :rolleyes: So I think a holiday trip truly is out of the question. However, I am pretty darn certain he can't deny me a trip if they have the "kids play free promotion" after the first of the year. It would be a sin to miss out on that kind of disney savings! :~D In the meantime, I get my disney fix by planning trips for others. I'm currently planning packages for two families who are going this fall.

Let me guess, you're staying at the PP and getting a Christmas tree in your room, right? :D

2008 is not that far away and you'll for sure get to ride the new Nemo subs. How cool will that be? Who offers the "kids fly free promos"? I haven't ever looked into those.

No tree this year but we are staying at the PPH smartie pants. ;)

Our APs expired too so I have to talk DH into turning our Hoppers into APs this year. We'll be back in So Cal next July for my 20th HS reunion :eek: and we'll have to take the kids to Disneyland.