PDA

View Full Version : I have my 10 year old obsessed with Disneyland!

kohl
09-03-2006, 02:41 PM
We went to Costco today. I told them they could pick out some bread for dinner. She picked out some sandwich rolls. Didn't think much about it, but them she told me she picked them out because they had the La Brea logo on them and that was the place in Downtown Disney. When we got home she of course wanted some bread, she took a bit and said "ahhhhh, this reminds me of Disneyland!

samkj
09-03-2006, 02:48 PM
LOL! I was so proud of my puppy today. He is 7 months old and normally ignores me while on the computer. Today I was showing the kids a video of POTC ride that I downloaded. The pup came running up and Sat with his paws on my lap watching the video. He seemed to like the "YO HO, YO HO,...."song.

Amy

babytmakes5
09-03-2006, 03:02 PM
That's so cute that she wanted to get the Le Brea bread! My two older children (ages 6 and 7) love Disney and are very, very excited about our plans to visit DL in November. But last week, when I sat down and told my youngest (he's 3 1/2) about our plans he was actually reduced to TEARS, he was so excited. He kept saying to me as he was crying "are we really going? are we really going?" He just couldn't contain himself...it was so cute. He was clapping his hands and wiping away tears...makes me a little misty thinking about how he'll react to seeing the characters in person. :)

tink's mom
09-03-2006, 03:09 PM
That so cool! Sounds like me.:)
I told my almost 3 year old about our trip coming up, now everyday he goes to the front door and asks if we're going to Disneyland.
My 6 month old is named Disney and my DH says that because of that she'll probably hate DL.:eek:

Crazy4DL
09-03-2006, 03:36 PM
My 6 month old is named Disney

omg! how cute!

MammaSilva
09-03-2006, 03:47 PM
My 6 month old is named Disney

Well all 3 of your little ones are adorable but woot on her name! I think you win the 'cool' name prize!

tink's mom
09-03-2006, 03:54 PM
Well all 3 of your little ones are adorable but woot on her name! I think you win the 'cool' name prize!

Vegitabeta
09-04-2006, 02:45 AM
Definately! When she gets older she'll be able to get her name on like...everything!

(Coming from a person who can't get her name on anything:rolleyes: )

jcruise86
09-04-2006, 07:28 AM
I can't compete with a child named "Disney."

I wanted to name our son "Walt," if we had a boy. My wife wouldn't agree, but we had a girl.

One of the first words she could say was "Disney!" and she can recognize the letters "D-i-s-n-e-y," and yells out "Disney!" whenever she sees "D-i-s-n-e-y" written in any style. (She is 14 months old.) She also yells "Disney!" when she sees pictures of Mickey or the castle. (There is a poster of the castle framed in her room.)

Unfortunately she can't say any form of "Mama" yet.

She can say "Daddy!" (which she does often) and I'm taking her to Disneyland for her first time in about three weeks. She already knows all of the songs she'll hear there.

darph nader
09-04-2006, 10:20 AM
My g/daughter went to DL for the first time last year,not quite 2. We're going again at the end of the week. She has'nt stopped talking about it for 3wks.

And I thought I was antsy going in 2008.

wardkimballfan
09-04-2006, 01:39 PM
But last week, when I sat down and told my youngest (he's 3 1/2) about our plans he was actually reduced to TEARS, he was so excited. He kept saying to me as he was crying "are we really going? are we really going?" He just couldn't contain himself...it was so cute. He was clapping his hands and wiping away tears...makes me a little misty thinking about how he'll react to seeing the characters in person. :)Awwwwwww! That made me all misty just reading it! He sounds like me when I was little.

wardkimballfan
09-04-2006, 01:41 PM
My 6 month old is named Disney and my DH says that because of that she'll probably hate DL.:eek:Until she hears Walt's opening day speech when he says "Disneyland is your land..." She'll puff her chest out and say, "yer darn tootin' it is, it's MY land! I'm Disney!"

And she won't be lying, either.

tink's mom
09-04-2006, 01:55 PM
Until she hears Walt's opening day speech when he says "Disneyland is your land..." She'll puff her chest out and say, "yer darn tootin' it is, it's MY land! I'm Disney!"

And she won't be lying, either.

LOL, true, very true.

drjones
09-04-2006, 07:17 PM
my 3 yo is obsessed with Disney as well.

she also picks things out if they have something to do with Disney. Not quite as obscure Disney as La Brea Bakery, but when she was 1 1/2 she thought we were at Disneyland because we passed a fence with the green tarp woven into it, like at Disneyland.

disneyroxxx
09-04-2006, 08:39 PM
my sister talks about disneyland EVERY day. she likes to pretend she's on the ride when i show her some onride videos on my computer. but, she's TERRIFIED of going on actual rides! when i tell her you can go on that ride at disneyland she instantly says NO! to make her comfortable with the ride, she HAS to ask "mama" or "daddy" to see if its not scary. my other sister, who's only two, will go on ANY ride! today in our pool, i was flinging her in the air, and she would land in the water (she had water wings on). im pretty sure she did a couple 360's. everytime i asked if she wanted to go again, she'd say "YES!" . i think we did it about 20 times. im sure she (ruby) will LOVE disneyland!

also my other sister (gemma), whenever she gets a churro, she'll always say "the disneyland churro is better."