PDA

View Full Version : Screams overlay

kandyk
09-02-2006, 11:42 AM
The October calendar is now up and it shows Golden Dreams will be down for a Screams overlay. Does anyone know what this? I couldn't find any threads on this subject and the DL website has no info. I would love to know since we will be there for the Halloween overlay on the 29th. Thanks for your help!

Shinku
09-02-2006, 02:50 PM
I'm going to take a wild guess here (honestly, I don't know) and say that it's for the Mickey's Halloween Treat? Maybe they're doing something halloween-y with the theater.

disneyhound
09-02-2006, 06:19 PM
It could be that they are going to encourage the audience, all 12 of them, to scream to the suits that this attraction has to go!

coronado_g
09-02-2006, 07:23 PM
They ar going to do a spooky overlay on the Golden Dreams and it's called something like Golden Screams. Sounds like fun. I read about it on MiceAge

Whittibo
09-02-2006, 07:56 PM
They ar going to do a spooky overlay on the Golden Dreams and it's called something like Golden Screams. Sounds like fun. I read about it on MiceAge

COOL! I can't wait to see what they do. At least they aren't taking down a main attraction or anything. ;) It will be nice to get something cool in that building.

RStar
09-02-2006, 08:24 PM
I belive it's a Monster's Inc. overlay. You know, they collect screams, so it makes since to have it for Halloween.

Leslie21
09-02-2006, 09:44 PM
I belive it's a Monster's Inc. overlay. You know, they collect screams, so it makes since to have it for Halloween.

Ohhh, well that isn't that bad but I was hoping for something more Halloween-centric (that is not really a word, is it ?). Since Monster's Inc. isn't a particularly frightening film.

Whittibo
09-03-2006, 12:25 AM
I think I am going to have to take some times and sit down with the Monster's Inc. movie. I have never seen it. But with the new Monster's ride, and now this, I think I'll appreciate it more having seen the movie.

Darkbeer
09-03-2006, 03:37 AM
Basically they are planning to show Halloween themed Movie Clips in the theater, instead of the normal Golden Dreams film for the month of October.

Vegitabeta
09-03-2006, 06:30 AM
Basically they are planning to show Halloween themed Movie Clips in the theater, instead of the normal Golden Dreams film for the month of October.
Ok, I wondered why everyone was talking about MI lol.

RStar
09-03-2006, 07:03 AM
Oh, cool. I thought I'd heard it was MI, but I guess not.

I wonder, will it be classic monster movie type of clips, or something else they film. Perhaps tell stories like Sleepy Hollow, ect.

Leslie21
09-03-2006, 06:59 PM

Thanks for clearing this up! I was already disappointed with the Monster's Inc. overlay concept. However, I've never been on the Monster's Inc. ride, I hope they have it open during the Halloween event.

Another Dimension
09-03-2006, 07:20 PM
Hopefully Disney will show clips from the old Disney Channel Villains/Halloween clips show that was hosted by the Magic Mirror.

It truly shows all of the classic Disney Villains reeking havoc... and ...shows Mickey Mouse and many other characters in spooky Halloween situations and adventures.

That sounds entertaining.

Golden Dreams was scary, unintentionally.

It's about time something entertaining was shown in that nice little theater.
I do enjoy the ending montage though...

OTOH ...
I think Whoopi Goldberg is unbelievably annoying and as an un-intelligently and ill-logically forced representative of CALIFORNIA, she makes me wanna vom for a week. :p

ghoofie
09-03-2006, 08:03 PM
OTOH ...
I think Whoopi Goldberg is unbelievably annoying and as an un-intelligently and ill-logically forced representative of CALIFORNIA, she makes me wanna vom for a week. :p

You should see how scary she was walking around DL YELLING at people to stop looking at her, etc. My kids were in line at Astro rockets, they were in front of the line to be on the next ride...but they had to wait for Whoopi's entourage to go on the ride. She didn't go on it. She stood there surrounded by suits and just continued to yell at all the people looking at her and taking her picture. The group that got on the ride were all adults by the way.
For someone who didn't want to draw attention...she sure did by doing all that yelling. I was ticked that my kids had to wait another round to get on the ride.