PDA

View Full Version : Question about Gay Days tickets

Pages : [1] 2

talie95
09-02-2006, 07:49 AM
So I'm looking to purchase the gay days discounted tickets. I know they have to be used by sometime in Dec. but do you know if there's a beginning date that they have to be used after? Like, are they not valid until the actual gay days event begins? We are going on Oct. 3&4, so it's right before the gay days starts. Just want to make sure before I buy them.

The old man
09-02-2006, 07:52 AM
Don't forget you have to prove your sexual status to obtain the discount. :)

doombuggy driver
09-02-2006, 07:57 AM
How exactly do you do that?

nightdesigns
09-02-2006, 08:02 AM
How exactly do you do that?

It truely becomes the happiest place on earth :eek:

macuser209
09-02-2006, 11:28 AM
The tickets they sell on the discount site for gaydays are just ordinary tickets that expire in december. They have a 14 day use period from the day you start.

And no you don't have to prove your sexual orientation.

Tom

adriennek
09-02-2006, 11:35 AM
Link (http://www.gayday2.com/html/home.html)

Adrienne

talie95
09-02-2006, 11:47 AM
For those prices I just may switch!!:p

kjhgarden
09-02-2006, 02:22 PM
I am glad I didn't order my tickets yet, those prices are fantasmic! Sounds like they are actual tickets too, not just vouchers, anyone know for sure?

kjhgarden
09-02-2006, 02:44 PM
Just read on another post that there are actual tickets. I am ordering my today!!!

Geneva
09-02-2006, 03:13 PM
They're just regular ol' tickets at a discounted price? And there isn't anything stopping straight folks from purchasing these tickets?

If that's true, I'm definitely going that route. My husband and I are heading to DL the first week of December, and I can't believe the savings on these tickets. Woo hoo!

Bytebear
09-02-2006, 09:43 PM
Hey all, don't forget to wear a red t-shirt. As I said on the other thread, I like the slogan like "Stop cruising my husband", or you could wear a supportive shirt like something from PFLAG, that way you can be supportive, and let everyone know you are straight. Of course the wife and kids is a pretty good giveaway.

disneyhound
09-03-2006, 07:59 AM
The tickets they sell on the discount site for gaydays are just ordinary tickets that expire in december...

What; no rainbow?

Bytebear
09-03-2006, 07:26 PM
What; no rainbow?

Please... rainbows are soooo three years ago. Actually, the rainbow flag is more a symbol and less a fashion statement. And red does stand out without being too overt.

Cat03
09-04-2006, 10:16 AM
Would anyone be able to tell me if these tickets are the same as the "bonus" tickets you'd buy through the DL website that include early entry? Extra special deal if so!

geoffa
09-04-2006, 10:43 AM
Laugh? I thought I'd never start. And its an orientation not a status, sweetums!

disneyhound
09-04-2006, 11:10 AM
Please... rainbows are soooo three years ago. Actually, the rainbow flag is more a symbol and less a fashion statement. And red does stand out without being too overt.

No offense intended...

Bytebear
09-04-2006, 03:43 PM
No offense intended...

none taken. Disneyland is for everyone to enjoy!

DangerMouse
09-04-2006, 04:00 PM
Would anyone be able to tell me if these tickets are the same as the "bonus" tickets you'd buy through the DL website that include early entry? Extra special deal if so!

No, no early entry on these convention tickets. Sorry.

Cat03
09-04-2006, 09:48 PM
Rats. But thank you for the reply, DangerMouse!

Geneva
09-06-2006, 10:00 AM
I know I'm being paranoid here, but I just want to triple-check before ordering these tickets that they are for everyone's use and that my husband and I won't be questioned when we get to the DL gates with them. :)

Are they basically just regular ol' convention tickets that are sold to many groups? Am I breaking any kind of rules by ordering them? Or will nobody care? As long as we won't get in trouble then I think I'm going to go ahead, since it's such a good deal. Seems to be a better deal than any of the otehr discount tickets I've found, and will save us $160 on our 5-day hoppers!

DangerMouse
09-06-2006, 10:22 AM
Yes, this is completely legit. I have used convention tickets on a couple of different occasions, without actually being a convention attendee. They are regular parkhoppers and no one will question you at the gate. If I could talk my dh into going to DL before these expire, I would jump on this deal as well.

Geneva
09-06-2006, 11:37 AM
Excellent! Thanks for the clarification. Now the only concern I have is the shipping on the tickets. They're fairly explicit that they should be delivered to a business address, but I work from home and my husband's work doesn't have an official address (it's a top secret type situation) :) .

They say they need a signature to deliver the tickets, and if I'm not home when they come by, then what? Oh, decisions.

hickorydickory
09-06-2006, 12:22 PM
Can these tickets still be upgraded to AP's?

leota's necklace
09-08-2006, 10:05 AM
Can these tickets still be upgraded to AP's?

Just an educated guess here, they probably could be but you'd only get the discounted price you paid for the original ticket put toward the AP.

annieb727
09-08-2006, 10:32 AM
Just an educated guess here, they probably could be but you'd only get the discounted price you paid for the original ticket put toward the AP.

It's POSSIBLE that it's even less than that...it is for the MIlitary discounted tickets anyway...when I asked about the discrepancy - that the ticket price on the back was LOWER than what they were charging, they said that they do it to because that's the cost THEY get it for, so they're making some money off of them.