PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Help! [changing reservations]

macuser209
09-01-2006, 09:45 PM
I'm planning to take my trip to the DLR in October.

I made a hotel reservation at the DLH about a month ago, and now I found out i have more people who want to come with me on this trip, so I called today and the DLH is all booked, even the Grand Californian and Paradise Pier!

Is there anyway I can still get another room at the DLH? If not, what is your favorite hotel to stay at when you visit the DLR?

Thanks,

Tom

Bytebear
09-01-2006, 11:11 PM
If you can get a hotel across from the park on Harbor, you are still within walking distance to the park. Everything is so close that even if everyone stays at different hotels, you can all meet up for breakfast at Dennys!

Rockchalker
09-02-2006, 01:00 AM
I'm planning to take my trip to the DLR in October.

I made a hotel reservation at the DLH about a month ago, and now I found out i have more people who want to come with me on this trip, so I called today and the DLH is all booked, even the Grand Californian and Paradise Pier!

Is there anyway I can still get another room at the DLH? If not, what is your favorite hotel to stay at when you visit the DLR?

Thanks,

Tom

Who did you call? What I have found in the past is that DL has allotted this many rooms for AAA to sell and for this group to sell, etc. So you might call AAA or look online at expedia, travelocity, etc.

A few years ago we stayed at the Paradise Pier and my parents stayed at the Carousel Inn. We rented one car and they took it back and forth from our hotel to theirs.

Good luck!

rentayenta
09-02-2006, 06:33 AM
I have learned that when dealing with Disney, all lots of other companies, sometimes you just need to call again and talk to a different person. Usually you will get a different answer with each person. Keep trying! ;)

Whittibo
09-02-2006, 08:03 AM
I suggest booking through another company. Try GetAwayToday.com they might have some rooms left. When we stayed at the DLH, it was cheaper to book through GetAwayToday then it was booking direct. I also booked my Residence Inn room the last few years through GetAwayToday, again, cheaper.

As for favorite hotels, my all time favorite is Residence Inn, kids suite. Two bedroom, two bath, full kitchen and front room. Free breakfast too!