PDA

View Full Version : Best Western Raffles Inn/Suites Location?

Pat-n-Eil
09-01-2006, 07:11 PM
I've been looking at the Best Western Raffles Inn & Suites website and address. The reviews are good enough for me and it has a South Harbor address.. but I can't place it in my mind. Is it down past Tony Roma's or is it closer to the Howard Johnson/Camelot Inn?

Is it the same kind of walking distance as The Camelot?

Thanks for your help.

landj
09-01-2006, 07:17 PM
I've been looking at the Best Western Raffles Inn & Suites website and address. The reviews are good enough for me and it has a South Harbor address.. but I can't place it in my mind. Is it down past Tony Roma's or is it closer to the Howard Johnson/Camelot Inn?

Thanks for your help.

From what I can remember it is down Harbor past Katella, but it would have the ART if you didn't want to walk to & from.

DangerMouse
09-01-2006, 07:19 PM
Here's a map for you. It's at the far bottom, past Katella.

http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/DisneylandLinkMap.html

Pat-n-Eil
09-01-2006, 09:24 PM
Thank you DangerMouse, that is a great link!

Malcon10t
09-01-2006, 10:58 PM

Thanks for your help.The Camelot is a 1/4 of a mile, whereas the Raffles is a mile away.

momuvseven
09-02-2006, 06:29 AM
It is down by the Ramada and IHOP. We did walk last year when we stayed there because DH hates the ART. It is a bit far though.

We thought it was OK but ask for a room on the top floor since some people report problems with noise. If you get a room facing DLR you can see the fireworks from the balcony.

There is not much of a pool and breakfast is minimal.

For the price it is OK.

kathynova
09-06-2006, 03:24 PM
I did stay there once about 3 years ago. The hotel itself was fine. Nothing special, but clean. I felt it was a bit too far to walk though. We did it one day, and it seemed like it took forever. We used the ART for the rest of the trip, but it was pretty crowded. I have stayed closer to the park ever since. I have also stayed at the Sheraton Anaheim, which is also to far to walk, but has their own shuttle, and the quality of the hotel is much higher. I'm trying the Candy Cane Inn on my next visit in December. I've heard good things, so I hope I'm not disappointed.

sjcivilady
09-06-2006, 09:14 PM
I stayed there quite a few years ago, and I don't know if they've increased their parking lot area, but it was a problem finding a spot to park from late afternoon on - like no parking spots left. I swore I would never stay again. Rooms were ok though.