PDA

View Full Version : Great Meal at the Blue Bayou (8/24/06)

CaptainGulch
09-01-2006, 01:43 PM
I apologize if this topic has been posted recently. I may be in the minority, but my wife and I ate dinner at the Blue Bayou on Thursday, August 24th and had a great meal and fantastic service. We both ordered the short ribs and the soup. We do miss the clam chowder, but we both enjoyed the gumbo. We ordered the cookie boat and it was wonderful as well. Great presentation too. As far as the service, my water glass was never left empty nor my bread plate. That's not easy considering I drink a lot of water. I have been fortunate to go to the Blue Bayou for the last 25 years. I am now 30, so I started young. Like most, I was skeptical of the changes to the BB and listened to the many warnings posted on this board. BB is a tradition for me, so we wanted to try it for ourselves. I am very glad we did. I am not posting to defend the changes, just to encourage people to try it and form their own opinion.

cstephens
09-01-2006, 02:13 PM
Glad you had a good dinner. I haven't had a chance to try dinner yet, but I'm certainly planning to since I enjoyed our lunch so much.

annieb727
09-01-2006, 04:53 PM
I think I'm going to be going to BB for lunch on my next trip. Turns out my best friend is going to come along (hmmm...that means it's no longer a solo trip - better fix that in my signature line). She used to live in So Cal, but is now in Kentucky - she's NEVER been to Blue Bayou - never stayed at the DLH either - since she lived so close....gotta give her a special treat!! :)

backsthepack
09-01-2006, 06:24 PM
I am glad you enjoyed it. I said before, in an earlier post, that I think everyone should go there at least once. Just for the experience if nothing else. It isn't my favorite place, but that is just my opinion. Everyone should try it and come to their own conclusion for sure.

Leslie21
09-01-2006, 09:47 PM
Good to know some people still enjoy it after all of the bad reviews I've read. We're going back to Blue Bayou in November since we decided to try the Cafe Orleans last time we went in July and didn't think much of it, except for the fries :D .