PDA

View Full Version : The 50th celebration now ends September 30th

Darkbeer
08-31-2006, 11:51 PM
In the two new Disneyland Press Releases from today (posted in the Announcement Section), there was some solid info...

The Disneyland 50th anniversary concludes September 30. For the next month, the celebration’s incredible array of innovative new adventures and spectacular entertainment continues, with highlights including the newly enhanced “Pirates of the Caribbean” and “Space Mountain” attractions, the “Remember … Dreams Come True” fireworks extravaganza and “Walt Disney’s Parade of Dreams.”

So the 50th will come to an end "Officially" before the "Year of a Million Dreams", but the Fireworks and the Parade will last at least thru October...

And the official confirmation about when the Christmas Parade will start...

The celebrations continue through the end of the year with the Disneyland Resort’s Christmas holiday transformation. The entire Resort lights up in honor of the holidays from November 10, 2006 through January 3, 2007, with special décor and an atmosphere that is pure Disney magic.

Disneyland park celebrates the Christmas season with an array of holiday shows, seasonal attractions and live entertainment. The park’s annual holiday parade, “A Christmas Fantasy,” is presented November 17 through January 3. This ever-popular procession depicts an enchanting collection of holiday scenes, music and a cast of Disney characters and performers in Yuletide vignettes. The classic “it’s a small world” again becomes “it’s a small world holiday” with a seasonal overlay that transforms this favorite Disneyland attraction into a holiday trip around the world.

PAPACITO
09-01-2006, 12:22 AM
Did that first quote come from the Disneyland Resort website? I am a cm and was told that Labor Day should be the last day for the 50th anniversary. They are selling the all of those golden mickey ears to the cm's for like 3 dollars each. Even the band that plays at the French Market said this weekend is the last for the 50th celebration. Even some of the signs are being taken down.

Darkbeer
09-01-2006, 12:28 AM
Did that first quote come from the Disneyland Resort website? I am a cm and was told that Labor Day should be the last day for the 50th anniversary. They are selling the all of those golden mickey ears to the cm's for like 3 dollars each. Even the band that plays at the French Market said this weekend is the last for the 50th celebration. Even some of the signs are being taken down.

Oh after Labor Day, many transformations will be happening, including the transformation from the 50th to Halloween Time... It won't happen overnight, but during September a lot of things will be removed and replaced

I am quoting the "Public Relations" folks, who sent out the info in the first post Thursday...

Heck, the Golden Ears can be bought for $5 by "regular guests" (of course, you got to by $50 of other stuff first)...

I Heart Disneyland!
09-01-2006, 01:15 AM
What exactly is Halloween Time? Is it HMH?? :confused:

stan4d_steph
09-01-2006, 05:40 AM
What exactly is Halloween Time? Is it HMH?? No, it's resort-wide Halloween decoration and entertainment.

AlbertaMinnie
09-01-2006, 08:16 AM
When I was there on my vacation a week ago, we were told that we'd see Major teardown of the 50th after the 2nd week in September. Sad to see it go, but looking forward to what's coming next! Any ideas as to what they are going to do with all the 50th Decorations?

AaronInCal
09-01-2006, 11:23 PM
When I was there on my vacation a week ago, we were told that we'd see Major teardown of the 50th after the 2nd week in September. Sad to see it go, but looking forward to what's coming next! Any ideas as to what they are going to do with all the 50th Decorations?
DisneyAuctions.com anyone? I am sure a lot of the 50th stuff, like the 50th Mickeys that have been in the flower bowls along Main St, will be auctioned off eventually. Would be cool to get one, but they will probably go for $100s if not $1000s of dollars.. Then some stuff, like the really nice 50th Mickey that is on the front of the Castle, will be kept somewhere backstage or in someone's office as a momento from the celebration.

mckygirl99
09-02-2006, 08:32 AM
DisneyAuctions.com anyone? I am sure a lot of the 50th stuff, like the 50th Mickeys that have been in the flower bowls along Main St, will be auctioned off eventually. Would be cool to get one, but they will probably go for $100s if not $1000s of dollars.. Then some stuff, like the really nice 50th Mickey that is on the front of the Castle, will be kept somewhere backstage or in someone's office as a momento from the celebration.

Cool! My husband just gave me his bonus check!

kimc0486
09-03-2006, 10:27 AM
I will be in the park this week, and haven't been since this time last year, has any of the 50th stuff come down, or will it all be up till its "official" end? Thanks!!

I Heart Disneyland!
09-03-2006, 01:02 PM
I sort of feel sad about this...and I don't know why! I was there many times during the 50th! I guess just not seeing it, especially the castle decorated, will seem so bare!

Darkbeer
09-03-2006, 06:45 PM
I will be in the park this week, and haven't been since this time last year, has any of the 50th stuff come down, or will it all be up till its "official" end? Thanks!!

As I understand it, some 50th stuff will start coming down Tuesday, and most of it will be removed by September 30th, though some stuff, like the Castle will last a bit longer....

Maus
09-03-2006, 07:12 PM
I sort of feel sad about this...and I don't know why! I was there many times during the 50th! I guess just not seeing it, especially the castle decorated, will seem so bare!

I know! I feel the same way. I was there this week snapping photos of 50th stuff one last time.

I Heart Disneyland!
09-03-2006, 11:00 PM
I know! I feel the same way. I was there this week snapping photos of 50th stuff one last time.
Lucky you!!!! I am in Seattle, so, when I was there in May was the last time.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-04-2006, 07:58 AM
Great! I sure appreciate this information, DB!

Reegster
09-04-2006, 09:33 AM
My family will be at DLR from 9-24 to 9-29, I will be sure and post a link to some pics from this transitional period and say goodbye to the 50th for everyone!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-04-2006, 09:17 PM
My family will be at DLR from 9-24 to 9-29, I will be sure and post a link to some pics from this transitional period and say goodbye to the 50th for everyone!

Great! I will sure appreciate the photos!

I Heart Disneyland!
09-04-2006, 10:04 PM

I would SO love that! Thanks!!!!!