PDA

View Full Version : wi-fi hotspots in or around the park?

annalisa
08-31-2006, 10:58 PM
hey everyone, i'm in disneyland right now :D its not that bad at all crowd wise, but then again its still not quite the weekend yet..

anyway, i'm staying at howard johnson's and i thought they had wifi in each room but i was wrong, so i'm wondering, are they any hotspots around the park? or maybe like, a starbucks or something where i can sort of hang out while checking my e-mail? right now i'm sitting on my porch of my hotel room with a really weak signal fading in and out, lol.

Andrew
08-31-2006, 11:02 PM
HoJo has wired Internet but not, as you discovered, wireless. The three Disney hotels have free WiFi in their lobby and lounge areas.

Darkbeer
08-31-2006, 11:05 PM
hey everyone, i'm in disneyland right now :D its not that bad at all crowd wise, but then again its still not quite the weekend yet..

anyway, i'm staying at howard johnson's and i thought they had wifi in each room but i was wrong, so i'm wondering, are they any hotspots around the park? or maybe like, a starbucks or something where i can sort of hang out while checking my e-mail? right now i'm sitting on my porch of my hotel room with a really weak signal fading in and out, lol.

HoJo's has free High Speed Internet in each room, but it is not WiFi, but rather a Ethernet cable (similar to a phone cord, but the plug is a bit bigger). The vast majority of Laptops today should have an Ethernet plug socket. Just look for the box next to the phone, if you have problems locating it, call the front desk, they will be happy to help....

As for WiFi, I recommend going to one of the three Disneyland Hotels, a couple of good spots up and running, either the Hearthstone Lounge at the Grand Californian (indoors), or the Lost Bar at the Disneyland Hotel. The WiFi is free, and easy to connect to (good signal strength)....

Opus1guy
09-01-2006, 12:27 AM
Or still another option...if you find yourself in one of the McDonalds in the area, they usually (thru Wayport) offer 2 hours WiFi for $2.99.

ghoofie
09-01-2006, 07:24 AM
Some of other hotels near where you are have free wi-fi. Just go sit in the parking lot for a while and go for it. :)

cstephens
09-01-2006, 10:25 AM
Has anyone used the wi-fi in the Grand Californian lounge/Hearthstone lounge in the last couple weeks? Some friends were mentioning at dinner a couple weeks ago that they tried and weren't able to connect to anything and didn't know if that was just a temporary problem or a permanent change. They said they had the same problem at Whitewater, but I hadn't been aware there was wi-fi in there as well.