PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Resort offers free nights (10/1-12/17/06) this Holiday Season

Darkbeer
08-31-2006, 07:23 PM
Disneyland Resort Press Release

Disneyland Resort offers free nights this Holiday Season

Guests receive 4th night free as new Disney’s HalloweenTime kicks off the holiday season

ANAHEIM, CA – Aug 31, 2006 – This fall the Disneyland Resort gives guests the opportunity to spend more time enjoying the new Disney’s HalloweenTime celebration or the Resort’s annual holiday traditions with a fourth night free added to any three night vacation package.

Through December 17, 2006, guests receive one additional night with the purchase of a three night stay at any one of the three Disneyland Resort hotels – The Disneyland Hotel, Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel, Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa; or at one of any participating Anaheim-area Good Neighbor Hotels. These special holiday season Disneyland Resort vacation packages include Disneyland Resort Park Hopper Bonus Tickets, entrance to Mickey’s Toontown Morning Madness, an interactive guest and character experience available before Disneyland park opens to the general public, and preferred viewing for select shows at Disney’s California Adventure park.

A vacation at the Disneyland Resort is special any time of the year, and during the holidays there are exceptional experiences filled with traditional Disney spirit and holiday cheer.

The new Disney’s HalloweenTime celebration is a family-friendly Halloween event that begins on September 29 and continues through October 31, 2006. During Disney’s HalloweenTime an autumn motif will welcome guests as they approach Disneyland park, where charming jack-o-lantern creations of Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Pluto and Goofy will adorn the rooftop of the Main Entrance. Upon entering the park, guests will see the familiar imagery of the “Floral Mickey” planter below the Main Street Train Station transformed into a canvas of pumpkins and a masked Mickey face, featuring a skin-tone and ears created with real miniature white and orange pumpkins.

Across the Disneyland Resort esplanade, guests to Disney’s California Adventure park will instantly be immersed in the spirit of Halloween fun as they encounter the iconic 11 foot tall “CALIFORNIA” entranceway letters - - now seemingly made from giant pieces of candy corn. Once inside the park, guests can meet an assortment of Disney Villains on the prowl while enjoying enhanced atmosphere décor in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot area of the park.

The celebrations continue through the end of the year with the Disneyland Resort’s Christmas holiday transformation. The entire Resort lights up in honor of the holidays from November 10, 2006 through January 3, 2007, with special décor and an atmosphere that is pure Disney magic.

Disneyland park celebrates the Christmas season with an array of holiday shows, seasonal attractions and live entertainment. The park’s annual holiday parade, “A Christmas Fantasy,” is presented November 17 through January 3. This ever-popular procession depicts an enchanting collection of holiday scenes, music and a cast of Disney characters and performers in Yuletide vignettes. The classic “it’s a small world” again becomes “it’s a small world holiday” with a seasonal overlay that transforms this favorite Disneyland attraction into a holiday trip around the world.

“Haunted Mansion Holiday” returns with a madcap celebration where the traditions of Halloween and Christmas collide. The ghoulish but well-meaning Jack Skellington from the film Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas” has come to the Haunted Mansion to transform it with his skewed vision of the holidays. Guests can also enjoy the nightly fireworks spectacular, “Believe…in Holiday Magic.” During the holidays, “Believe” concludes with a magical snowfall down Main Street, U.S.A., Small World Mall and New Orleans Square.

Disney’s California Adventure celebrates the season with enhanced park-wide decorations and expanded entertainment offerings. Sunshine Plaza will become “Santa’s Beach Blast,” where the Disney characters playfully blend classic holiday images with the California beach lifestyle. Santa the surfer will greet guests near a Woody wagon sleigh, and the area will be filled with seaside-style holiday decorations. At Flik’s Fun Fair, Flik and his bug buddies decorate with giant Christmas lights, oversized ornaments and towering candy canes throughout their realm.

This offer is applicable for arrivals beginning October 1 through December 17, 2006. Travel reservations must be made by December 16 and travel must be completed by December 21, 2006. Upon a minimum three (3) paid consecutive nights’ stay at one of the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort or a participating Good Neighbor Hotel, a fourth (4th) free night will be added and must be sequential to the three nights stay. This offer is limited to one free night per package or reservation. Block out dates are November 22-25, 2006 and restrictions apply. Attractions, services and entertainment may be seasonal and are subject to change without notice. Restrictions may apply.

tinker3
08-31-2006, 08:46 PM
I saw this offer too. I was hoping for a AP rate during Nov. of like $99. But I just might have to make reservations and hope a good AP rate comes up.

Thanks for the info Darkbeer!

rentayenta
09-01-2006, 05:13 AM
Great info Darkbeer.

I case anyone is going during these times, www.costco.com is also offering the 4th night free. In addition to that they are giving a free character breakfast for everyone in the party as well as one $20 gift card per reservation when you book a package (ie. hotel and tickets).

cwillis
09-01-2006, 06:19 AM
southwest vacations is offering a free 150 dollar resort card when you do four nights ... GREAT DEAL! (i hope i didn't ruin my chances of getting it by posting it here), because i have yet to make reservations