PDA

View Full Version : Puppy with “Hidden Mickey” Markings Ushers in “Dog Days” of Summer 2006...

Darkbeer
08-31-2006, 07:12 PM
Puppy with “Hidden Mickey” Markings Ushers in “Dog Days” of Summer 2006 and the “Tail End” of Disneyland’s 50th Anniversary Celebration

“The Happiest Place on Earth” to Receive Tail-Wagging Approval From Nine-Month Old Beagle; Helps Close-Out Anniversary and Meets Her Idol, Pluto

ANAHEIM, Calif., August 31, 2006 - “The Dog Days of Summer” took on special significance today at Disneyland with the unusual visit to “The Happiest Place on Earth” by Nutmeg (“Meg” for short), a nine-month-old Beagle whose markings include a perfect Mickey Mouse-shaped silhouette on the top of her head. Disney “Imagineers” sometimes design subtle “Hidden Mickeys” into Disneyland Resort attractions, but Meg’s natural markings make her a rarity.

During her visit Meg met her idol, Pluto (amiable as ever, despite the recent demotion of his namesake planet), and experienced Disneyland as it prepares to enter the final month of its 50th Anniversary celebration. After inspecting a few of the fire hydrants along Main Street, U.S.A., Meg howled with delight as she visited some of the park’s original attractions from 1955, including Dumbo the Flying Elephant and Autopia. She was also honored as Grand Marshal of “Walt Disney’s Parade of Dreams.”

As a general rule no animals other than assistance canines are permitted inside Disneyland, however an exception was made for Meg due to her unusual “Mickey” markings and the fact that she was born during the resort’s anniversary year. Meg’s Disney connection doesn’t end with her “Mickey” spots or her birth date. According to her certified pedigree, her grandsire was named “Mr. Pluto Mickey.”

Born November 30, 2005, and now 25 pounds, Meg is a purebred Beagle with lemon and white markings, including the unusual “Hidden Mickey,” approximately two-and-a-half inches long on the top of her head. Accompanying Meg on her visit were her owners Mark and Donna Montante of Ontario, Calif., along with their children and grandchildren.

The Disneyland 50th anniversary concludes September 30. For the next month, the celebration’s incredible array of innovative new adventures and spectacular entertainment continues, with highlights including the newly enhanced “Pirates of the Caribbean” and “Space Mountain” attractions, the “Remember … Dreams Come True” fireworks extravaganza and “Walt Disney’s Parade of Dreams.”

The 500-acre Disneyland Resort in southern California features two spectacular theme parks – the world-renowned original Disney theme park, Disneyland (“The Happiest Place on Earth)” and Disney’s California Adventure where Disney magic meets California fun, plus the Downtown Disney District, a public esplanade of unique and exciting dining, entertainment and shopping experiences. Resort hotels include the elegant 751-room Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel, the magical 990-room Disneyland Hotel and the surfside fun of the 502-room Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel.

More information about the closing Disneyland 50th anniversary celebration, news and vacations at the Disneyland Resort is available at www.disneyland.com (http://www.disneyland.com), by calling (877) 700-DISNEY, and by visiting local travel agents. For additional information, please visit our audio and video podcasts at www.disneyland.com/podcast (http://www.disneyland.com/podcast)

Andrew
08-31-2006, 07:21 PM
And the picture of the pup is where?

Darkbeer
08-31-2006, 07:53 PM
Here you go....

The Official Disneyland Resort photos....

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1839194

Andrew
08-31-2006, 08:11 PM
She is adorable. Not that there could have been any doubt, with her being a beagle and all.

kandyk
08-31-2006, 08:21 PM
I will second that! We have one Beagle named Daisy and a yellow lab named Lilly Belle. We love our dogs and anything Disney!!!

nemdpa
08-31-2006, 08:51 PM
She is too cute!

I Heart Disneyland!
08-31-2006, 10:42 PM
Oh how I wish my next dog will be born with a hidden Mickey so I can bring her or him to DL with me! :) What a darling dog!

Vegitabeta
09-01-2006, 02:31 AM
*Lifts up cat for inspection*

No, no hidden Mickeys here:(

doombuggy driver
09-01-2006, 05:40 AM
Lucky dog!