PDA

View Full Version : What would you choose? [vacation dates]

kisroo
08-30-2006, 02:30 PM
I know it's hard to predict lately, but....crowd-wise what dates would you choose??

4 days at the beginning of winter break (Dec 16-20) or 4/5 days mid June (June 16th-20/21)

Just thought I'd put this question to all the experts here! ;)

Thanks!

~kisroo:)

NoCalDad
08-30-2006, 02:37 PM
All crowd issues aside, DL is really beautiful at Christmas.

Mark Mywords
08-30-2006, 02:40 PM
We always shoot for mid-June for the summer trip. I feel that we get all the benefits of the summer schedule, without a lot of the crowds.

kisroo
08-30-2006, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the responses, NorCalDad and bugugly!! :)

Maybe a bit of info might help. My husband and I are going for our 5th anniversary (we honeymooned there and want to "relive" the magic :cool: ). We've been to see DL at Christmas and enjoyed it then but my husband really, really, really can't stand crowds.

Staying at the GCH, we could potentially save a chunk of $$ with the stay 3 nights, get the 4th free during Dec but I know my husband would not like dealing with hideous crowds.

Hope that helps a little. We've just never seen DL or the crowd levels at Christmas time (we've gone over Vets day and in early Dec only).

Thanks again!!

mad4mky
08-30-2006, 02:51 PM
Maybe a bit of info might help. My husband and I are going for our 5th anniversary (we honeymooned there and want to "relive" the magic :cool: ).

How can you relive the magic with out 'Moi' in the BTMRR line???;)
and without a certain person pushing in on your honeymoon??!!...:rolleyes: ;) .Oops...oh yea...that might ruin the trip! Okay...I'll stop being catty now...:p

That aside...I think June. Everything is open...and DL stays open later in the evening so you can enjoy the beautiful park...without having to bundle up in the cold. :)

splash
08-30-2006, 02:58 PM
I would say to go in Dec. It is written that it isn't especially crowded until about Dec. 19-20, then the schools get out. What could be more romantic than seeing the park with Christmas decorations? Hands down, avoid summer!!

momtoo2
08-30-2006, 04:26 PM
It all depends on what you are looking for in a trip. I contend that both time periods will be equally busy.
In December you will have the Christmas decorations, holiday overlays and a good deal for staying at the GCH (I might add we are going on these same dates staying also at the GCH...yay!)
In June you will have "summer" atmosphere, more likely to be warm, there may not be the "deal" for the hotel though.
We like Christmas so we would choose Dec. We have gone in June and it was busy...especially the Hotel (we did DLH and it was crazy in the pool).
Good luck.

MammaSilva
08-30-2006, 05:09 PM
It depends...

Dec = holiday decorations, free night, holiday fireworks with 'snow' (like you don't get the real stuff up there) and parade....some what crowded but not NYE or Candlelight level

June= Later nights, most if not all attractions up and running, what ever parade they decide to run next year to replace (if they do replace the current one) and fireworks...and crowds but not insane like July 4th or a saturday/sunday in August.

I love both and since I do, we have a trip plannned for December and then again in June....why choose? ;)

hlbtimes2
08-30-2006, 06:12 PM
The Christmas dates would be my choice. Most people will still be at home getting ready for Christmas. I think you might be able to just sneak in ahead of the big Christmas crowds that should start around the Friday before Christmas.

Whittibo
08-30-2006, 06:57 PM
When is your anniversary??

We were married December 15th and honeymooned in Disneyland. So for me, an anniversary return wouldn't be the same in June.

I have never been in June. We always go in the late summer, early fall. I loved the Christmas decorations two years ago when we went late November into December. It was also my birthday and my youngest daughters birthday while we were there, so I am partial to the later dates.

kandyk
08-30-2006, 07:16 PM
We were there last year at virtually the same times 06/18-06/25 and 12/10-12/14 and Christmas time was WAY more crowded than June. So I would go for June unless you can't wait until then and/or you want the Christmas experience.

rentayenta
08-30-2006, 07:45 PM
I would say Dec 16-20 because that's when I'll be there and we could meet for a drink or something! :D

kisroo
08-31-2006, 02:06 PM
I would say Dec 16-20 because that's when I'll be there and we could meet for a drink or something! :D

Would you say it's "seasonally correct" to drink a mojito in December as long as it's sunny outside?? If so, I'm soooooo there! :D

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I always find it interesting to see what others find as the "better" time to go. I'm with Mamma. I could go BOTH times and be happy! Maybe for our 10th anniversary...

It looks like Mr kisroo is leaning toward June. That was our initial plan but when I saw the savings in December I thought maaaaaybe he'd want to do that. Mamma~I wish I could convince him to see things your way. :sigh: At least he's not a muggle anymore! ;)

ETA: M4M~you can crash my trips to DL anytime my friend (Mr kisroo would love it as much as I would!!)...BTMRR line has never been the same without you!! Especially because it means I'm the only one using my teacher/mother voice to the teens cutting in line! :geek: ;)
~kisroo:)

rentayenta
08-31-2006, 06:43 PM
Would you say it's "seasonally correct" to drink a mojito in December as long as it's sunny outside?? If so, I'm soooooo there! :D

Of course, it's always Mojito time. The mint would be great in the winter!

December, December, December, December

Wendi
08-31-2006, 08:23 PM
December. Definitely! Quite possibly the same amount of crowds, but without the heat to make you crabby... crisp evening air to make you cuddle instead!