PDA

View Full Version : Candy corn DCA letters?

potterphreak
08-30-2006, 01:23 PM
On another thread, someone posted that the DCA letters will be candy corn this year. Does anyone know if this is true? And if it is true, when they should be up and when they should be down? Every trip, we have pics of us in front of the letters and our last trip will be Nov. 14th or so and I would LOOOVE to have pics of my youngest in front of candy corn letters (she is the only one I have NO pics of in front of the letters).

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

PrettyPrettyPrincess
08-30-2006, 01:43 PM
I'm actually the one who posted that .... it's true ... I actually work at the resort and this is information they gave us. Not sure when that will be actually down. Most likely it will be down before Nov 14th only because by then they should have Christmas up and running

Monte Cristo
08-30-2006, 02:11 PM
The candy corn letters will be going up September 29th to coincide with the new "Halloweentime" season, and as such coming down the first week of November to make way for the Christmas decorations.

dznyphreak
08-30-2006, 02:22 PM
Does anyone remember back when Disney owned the Angels and they went to the World Series??? DCA had rally monkey fever and the A's in the front were red with halos. A giant stuffed rally monkey hung from the Golden Gate Bridge. Unrelated to the candy corn thing, but I thought I'd bring it up.

averagedork
08-30-2006, 04:35 PM
I remember that. It was cute.

potterphreak
08-30-2006, 05:02 PM
We were at DL during the Giants/Angels world series drama. Interesting, as DH is diehard Giants fan! LOL The Sunday of the last game, we had breakfast with the Pooh characters and DH had his SF hat on and Tigger took it off, blew his nose in it then stuffed back on DH's head. Was super funny!!! Hmm I would really love to see the Candy Corn letters. <sigh> Oh well, I think I would rather see everything decorated for Christmas than for Halloween. I am very excited to go with my youngest DD, but not looking forward to telling my friend I no longer want to go with her, LOL!

Any tips on how to do this gently?!? LOL

Bolivar
08-30-2006, 06:08 PM
On the wall of my son's room are two pictures pieced together from pictures of the letters. One has the letters as they usually are and one has them with the Christmas candy canes. I took a picture of him in front of the C, then two different poses in front of the O, two in front of the N and one in front of the R. At home I pieced them together to spell his name, Connor.

potterphreak
08-30-2006, 06:23 PM
Cute idea!! Too bad my kids' names are Delaney and Jylian. LOL

Whittibo
08-30-2006, 06:39 PM
Oh this will be so hard for me to keep from my kids. How cute! We have never seen them any other way except normal. The first year, we took a picture in front of every letter, and I put it together in a string. We'll have to get there early so we can do that again this year with the candy corns.

Sub Maniak
08-30-2006, 08:38 PM
One question though. When this big makeover project starts, will the letters leave?