PDA

View Full Version : Remember the Festival of Fools?

HelloMikey
08-29-2006, 07:31 PM
I loved it, it was one of the best shows they had. Has anyone seen a characters from Hunchback recently, I know they are not typically brought out.

Rockchalker
08-29-2006, 08:06 PM
I loved it, it was one of the best shows they had. Has anyone seen a characters from Hunchback recently, I know they are not typically brought out.

I believe the last time was on the Mark Twain during F!

Another Dimension
08-29-2006, 09:22 PM
Wait 'til the DVD comes out. :rolleyes:

experiment626
08-29-2006, 09:34 PM
Can't say I can. They were buidling it when I was there once and it was gone when we went again.

animagusurreal
08-30-2006, 05:46 AM
I remember being really impressed with this show. That theatre was a good setting for it.

Vegitabeta
08-30-2006, 06:24 AM
I remember a Hunchback show at WDW, but what are we talking about here?

spectromen
08-30-2006, 06:49 AM
The Festival of Fools show next to Big Thunder Ranch. WDW's was good, but ours was better. A fantastic theatre in the round environment with strong singers and dancers. Totally wish it was still around - houses were always packed!

The last time I saw Hunchback characters at DL was in the Christmas Fantasy Parade in the toy blocks area, on the ground - Clopin and Esmeralda to be exact. I believe they're still featured in WDW but I can't remember exactly where.

averagedork
08-30-2006, 07:19 AM
I am anti-Disney Hunchback. I remember seeing the Festival of Fools, that it was at the park, and my parents asked me if I wanted to go, but I said no because I was pissed at the Disney adaptation of the book. Everyone blame my dad! I was forced to read the book before I saw the movie. As the lights started to dim, I finished the book, and I was sitting there going "Eh! No!!!!!"

slydini
08-31-2006, 02:03 PM
It was one of my favorite shows at Disney ever. I remember standing in the huge line and Esmerelda would come down the line with a different animal. When she came by with a piglet in her arms a woman asked, "what do you do when the pig grows up?" I couldn't help myself and I said, "who had the ham sandwich?" Everyone laughed.

evrythngwmn
08-31-2006, 02:10 PM
This is one of my favorite memories. Not the show so much but what I did during it. My friend and I had annual passes and we'd take various kidlets (her niece, friends kid) with us. Anyhow, she had a drawstring backpack at the time that she took to DL all the time. At the end of the first big number they'd shoot off that Disney confetti (big pieces of tissue paper). I'd silently get the kidlet to help me stuff confetti in my friend's backpack. Later in the evening she'd open it to find it full of the stuff. It was fun for me and the kids. You'd think she'd get smart and hang onto her bag.

junglemom
08-31-2006, 02:27 PM
I saw it after we had our first child, he was 1. It was great!

ghoofie
09-01-2006, 09:49 AM
It was one of my favorite shows at Disney ever. I remember standing in the huge line and Esmerelda would come down the line with a different animal. When she came by with a piglet in her arms a woman asked, "what do you do when the pig grows up?" I couldn't help myself and I said, "who had the ham sandwich?" Everyone laughed.

One of the best parts of waiting in line for that show was being entertained by...who else....Maynard.

Sub Maniak
09-01-2006, 04:43 PM
Always waatched it!

cstephens
09-01-2006, 09:22 PM
I remember a Hunchback show at WDW, but what are we talking about here?

Here's a site with tons of info about the show. (http://www.geocities.com/hollywood/guild/6605/festival.html)

I got hooked on the show by friends.

Gone2Disneyland
09-02-2006, 06:43 AM
I never got to see this show, and from all the praise about here, I'm sorry I did. I think it was still around when I first became an annual passholder. But my stubborn-self was still frustrated with the movie (I thought its subject matter was too PG, not G - I'm over it now tho'. :p ), so I never went in to check it out. I can't remember the last time I saw Hunchback characters in the park.