PDA

View Full Version : To People who go to Disneyland at least once a week: Do you ever get bored?

HelloMikey
08-29-2006, 07:08 PM
Or is it even possible to get bored at Disneyland? Is it less magical if you go all the time, compared to people who can't go as often?

ILoveChurros
08-29-2006, 07:10 PM
I never get bored because there is always something to do or something to discover...and by having a pass I know that I don't have to wait in the long lines, I can go on the rides anytime. Most of the time I just people watch if there is nothing else to do, if the rides get boring I make them interesting...

johnx112
08-29-2006, 10:17 PM
I used to think that way. Now that I bought the Annual Pass, I found it addicting to go to Disneyland. Now, whenever I go, I always find out something new. For instance, the scariest ride at night has to be the Matterhorn!

snappy
08-29-2006, 10:47 PM
With an Annual Pass (Premium) we never get tired of going. Depending on our mood you always have 2 choices! Disneyland or DCA. There's been times we've gone and just had dinner and watched the fireworks! There's also times we've rode numerous rides or just sat on Holiday #4 and went round and round! If you have an ounce of an imagination you won't get bored. Or if you're a kid at heart you'll always have fun!

Another Dimension
08-30-2006, 04:00 AM
There really is so much.

Attractions (rides, movies, free grub, transportation), shows, parades, Maynard, atmosphere, fantasy, immersion, naps in Innoventions, nostalgia, temporarily a really nice variety of live musicians (west side), Disney characters (Villains rule!), endless theming details, shopping, eating, walking & walking & walking, exploring corners, discovering new changes, more shopping, DtD, the Hotels, the DtD bands,
Buzz! Buzz!! Buzz!!!, hanging out, people watching, CM friends, people meeting, Guest Restroom Location Assistance (GRLA)....

Did I mention the attractions, live bands, the free grub and Buzz!!!!? :D

Monte Cristo
08-30-2006, 08:41 AM
I think the question kinda answers itself. If you are going to Disneyland at least once a week, I don't imagine you'd keep doing that if you found it boring.

Personally, I couldn't do it. I love the park but for me going once a week would probably kill the luster. Can't have Christmas every day, otherwise you wouldn't know the difference. ;)

Syndrome
08-30-2006, 09:02 AM
My wife and I had an AP last year and we probably drove to DL about every 3 months or so. I have to admit, by the 4th or 5th time, we would run out of things to do by about noon and then come back later in the evening. I think if we stayed the whole day, we would have gotten bored.

I think it would be great if you lived near by, then you could go for a few hours and get dinner or something.

dznyphreak
08-30-2006, 10:42 AM
We, the frequent visitors of DL, spend money everytime we go, giving Disney the money to make it better the next time you go. It's fun no matter how often you visit. It's a different experience every time. You also get to see all the newest stuff, the recent changes, and different faces. And somehow I still end up here every Monday for the Updates....

Mommy2NicknMax
08-30-2006, 01:04 PM
It's a different experience every time.

We go at least once a week and that's how I feel about it. :)

Gone2Disneyland
08-30-2006, 02:55 PM
I don't get bored. Like someone said earlier, if you choose to go every week, you must WANT to go. :)

But as a passholder for several years now, I noticed my mindset changed from "when you have to get everything done in a day" mentality to a carefree, leisurely attitude. These days I go to the park not to try and ride every favorite ride and see every favorite show; I go to spend a leisure day at a neighborhood park...that just happens to be Disneyland. :D

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
08-30-2006, 09:04 PM
I go about 4 times a month, not necessarily equally spaced.
Every time is different. I usually stick to one park. There is always something new each time.

Last time, I got the kids settled and buckled for Soaring and noticed that there was a little boy next to me who looked like he was terrified. He and his mom were first time visitors. I looked at him and said, "Honey. It's not going to be scary. It's going to be beautiful." He smiled, his mom thanked me. They both looked much calmer. So, not boring. Maliboomer - not boring. :D

Oh, and if the trip includes some sort of fancy meal, I am definitely not bored.

nsaul1211
08-30-2006, 10:36 PM
My girlfriend and I go quite frequently. Just last week we went about 4 times. We never get bored of going because it is like our other little home. We get to go there and completely forget about our troubles at work or school. Lately we have had a lot of fun videotaping different sections of the park and the Remember.... Fireworks show.

Bytebear
09-02-2006, 12:32 AM
One of the best things about going is doing the same thing in a different way. I have seen the fireworks from the hub (my favorite location), from right in front of the castle (a little close for me, and the lasers and flashes happen behind you), from on front of Small World, and from Rivers of America. All different experiences.

The most recent time, we decided to avoid the fireworks and ride Storybook Land. Well it turns out that they warned us that if we are on the water, they must stop the boat for the duration of the show. I can say that I am one of the few Disneyland guests who has seen the fireworks show from in front of Cinderella's Castle. We didn't hear the music, or see the big light show, but it was one of the most magical experiences I have ever had, and it only took me three years of annual passes to find it.

AiyaAmes
09-26-2006, 07:26 PM
I used to think that way. Now that I bought the Annual Pass, I found it addicting to go to Disneyland. Now, whenever I go, I always find out something new. For instance, the scariest ride at night has to be the Matterhorn!

I dunno John..It just might have to be Big Thunder Railroad (in the back of the train of course).

annieb727
09-26-2006, 07:29 PM
I dunno John..It just might have to be Big Thunder Railroad (in the back of the train of course).

I TOTALLY agree...this ride is very scary at night - in the very back...WOW!

mi_mous
09-26-2006, 07:53 PM
I was just talking to my mom about this.

We were waiting at the hub for the meet up with Brandy, and a lot of other MPers. We were just sitting on a bench in the shade, and all of a sudden, a band comes out and Mary Poppins, and Bert came out too. They did a show and pulled people out of the crowds to dance with them, etc.

I turned to my mom and said, "See, THIS is why we come so often and just go at our own pace."

We don't get bored... there seems to be something new all the time.

wickedbusa
09-26-2006, 08:39 PM
I thought about that when my fiance and I bought AP's last year. Our passes are almost expired and we have been there almost every Sunday (except on Blackout days of course). We have yet to get bored of the place and always find DL to be one of those places where you can just forget about work and the problems of life. We always try to stay for the fireworks show. Makes for a nice romantic end of the day. I'll be purchasing a pair of premium AP's this year since we love it so much.