PDA

View Full Version : January 2007

mariafred963
08-29-2006, 07:05 PM
I was just wondering how busy it get in January. Does any one know?

kohl
08-30-2006, 08:58 AM
I have heard that January is usually a slow month. That is, AFTER the kids are back in school.

mariafred963
08-30-2006, 06:24 PM
We hope to go around the 7th for about 6 nts. We went last October and it was much busier than we hoped.

SarahShep
08-30-2006, 07:41 PM
We went Jan 6, 7, and 8 this year. It wasn't too bad. Not as quiet as when we went in the middle of March in '05, but still WAY better than the summer. We could easily walk on to both Pirates and Haunted Mansion at night. During the day wasn't much of a wait, either. They still had all the Christmas stuff up when we were there, too...but not sure if they only did that because of the record people for the 50th.

joeysmommy
08-30-2006, 09:52 PM
I went once in mid-January and the crowd level was very low. It was great since most of the rides were a walk on.
I am thinking about going this year as well, although i am remembering last January and the crazy rainfall levels!

mariafred963
09-02-2006, 03:34 PM
Thanks. Looks like crowd will be good be weather might not. We went to San Diego Jan 04 and the weather was great. 85 degrees. Good thing is if it rains, just put on the ponchos and watch the locals go home.:)

disneyhound
09-02-2006, 05:24 PM
January is our month for our annual trip to Disneyland. We usually go around the last weekend in the month. We went last year early, to experience HMH, but the crowds were heavier because the local schools were still on Christmas vacation.

Check this link to the LAUSD calendar: http://www.lausd.net/pdf/0607calendar.pdf

One year we were there during the MLK 3-day weekend, lots of extra people compared to an ordinary weekend in January.

herbie222
09-03-2006, 06:15 AM
We are thinking of going the 1st wekend in january but wonder how much of the holiday stuff will be up and the potential closures of the Its a small world and haunted mansion.Any idea if they will be open jan 4-8th. Or is is better to wait till feb?

disneyhound
09-03-2006, 07:46 AM
We are thinking of going the 1st wekend in january but wonder how much of the holiday stuff will be up and the potential closures of the Its a small world and haunted mansion.Any idea if they will be open jan 4-8th. Or is is better to wait till feb?

We went this past January at that time. A lot of the Christmas stuff was still up, the tree was down, but HMH was running. It still snowed on Main Street!

The school kids are still on winter break until the 5th next January...

Malcon10t
09-03-2006, 04:34 PM
They havent announced when they will start removing things. GENERALLY, it starts after school resumes. This year thats Jan 8th for the majority of schools. I would guess most of the removal will begin after Jan 8th. But, it could begin as early as Jan 3rd.

disneyhound
09-03-2006, 04:41 PM
...This year thats Jan 8th for the majority of schools. I would guess most of the removal will begin after Jan 8th. But, it could begin as early as Jan 3rd.

I was under a similar assumption for this past January, but, the tree came down after the New Years weekend, and a lot of Main Street decorations had started to come down, NOS was still well involved with the Christmas decor.

IdahoMike
09-03-2006, 05:08 PM
Another thread had a quote in one of Darkbeer's posts stating that the decor would be up through Jan 3rd, along with running the Xmas parade. I'm excited, as our trip is the 1st-8th

pisces
09-03-2006, 05:55 PM
Yes but....

Perhaps you need to go back to a thread title "Disorganized Disney, Mon, Jan 2, 2006".

Officially, they might say January 3rd, but for the past two years, the Monday after New Years, they begin transitioning out.....and if there's rain, or the slightest threat of rain, or otherwise foul weather.....all bets are off.

And this year New Years Day is on a Monday. Uh-oh.

I've been there at that time for the past 2 years. And everything the day after New Years Eve.....there is a distinct change in the level, and scope of their Holiday festivities.

After New Years Eve...everything becomes a hodge-podge hit-or-miss.

You might see some decorations half-up/half-down. The Christmas loops start to change back etc...

Don't plan on the full complement of decorations.....no matter what THEY say.

mariafred963
09-04-2006, 07:28 AM
This has been great info! Thanks all! Looks like HMH and SW might be closed, but I can live with that if the crowd is light.

Malcon10t
09-04-2006, 09:34 AM
I was under a similar assumption for this past January, but, the tree came down after the New Years weekend, and a lot of Main Street decorations had started to come down, NOS was still well involved with the Christmas decor.
But most schools resumed Jan 3rd last year. Christmas Break last year for most schools was Dec 17-Jan 2. This year its Dec 23-Jan 7.

disneyhound
09-04-2006, 12:58 PM
But most schools resumed Jan 3rd last year. Christmas Break last year for most schools was Dec 17-Jan 2. This year its Dec 23-Jan 7.
A lot of the Los Angeles schools were out that week following New Years

pisces
09-04-2006, 01:57 PM
I don't think it matters so much whether school is in session, as much as what the weather is.

Supposedly it all comes down to weather, and for the past 3, or 4 years....there has been extreme weather during that period, or at least preceding that period.

Jan 1-5, seems to have, repeatedly these past 3 years, come after some very foul weather, which sets up the Parks for postponement, and cancelling mode.

And from there, they usually just take the opportunity to start taking down decorations.

In any case, even if they leave everything up, which I'm betting they won't, mood-wise, it's never the same after New Years Eve. There's just a big change, perhaps emotional, in the quality of merriment and festive mood, from before New Years Eve, to after New Years Eve......

...it just hasn't, at least in the past 2 years that I've been at the Parks at that time, seemed as festive fun afterward NYE. The aura and mood just completely changes.