PDA

View Full Version : Birthdays at the HPOE (Happiest Place on Earth)

dohgusgus
08-29-2006, 12:31 PM
I am going to Disneyland for my 18th birthday in early November, besides getting a birthday pin from City Hall is there anything else I should know about? :fez:

Also, please share some of your birthday experiences at HPOE!! :D

DangerMouse
08-29-2006, 12:45 PM
If you search using the word "birthday" you will find TONS of prior posts on this subject.

I have also found this link to be very informative regarding birthdays at DLR.

http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/dlrbirthdays.html

:D

hilda
08-29-2006, 12:49 PM
we just returned from our trip to celebrate my daughter's 21st birthday. We stayed at the Paradise Pier Hotel. About a month before we left, I mailed them a letter asking if they could in some way acknowledge her birthday when we checked in. Not only did they have an autographed pic of Mickey and Minnie with some balloons, a birthday pin for her to wear during our stay-Aug 23-27, they also upgraded our room from standard to a family suite with a view!:D

nemdpa
08-29-2006, 12:55 PM
Thanks DangerMouse for the link! We will be at DLR for my Mom's Birthday end of Oct. and was wondering what was available.

bradk
08-29-2006, 01:46 PM
there's also this MP article:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm050412lp.htm

MrsPooh
08-29-2006, 01:46 PM
Birthdays in the park are THE best birthdays there are!

We did the party at the Plaza Inn a few years ago, and we had a ball. Corny, yeah. Geared for kids, also yes, but we still had fun. And the party was for ME! ;)

It is fun making those little cakes and seeing Pat E. Cake do his thing.

The best is wearing the sticker or button, and they all wish you "Happy Birthday" all day long.

Rockchalker
08-29-2006, 08:24 PM
Birthdays in the park are THE best birthdays there are!

We did the party at the Plaza Inn a few years ago, and we had a ball. Corny, yeah. Geared for kids, also yes, but we still had fun. And the party was for ME! ;)

It is fun making those little cakes and seeing Pat E. Cake do his thing.

The best is wearing the sticker or button, and they all wish you "Happy Birthday" all day long.

For my DD's second birthday (March 2004), we and the four grandparents went to DL for 5 days. From the Paradise Pier to Goofy's Kitchen to the characters around the park, they really did it up for my daughter. But her favorite was the Pat E. Cake with guest appearance from Mickey and Minnie. It was really reasonably priced at $10 pp. This included a drink and decorating your own "cakes" (just larger than a cupcake.) We even took home the really cute Mickey Mouse containers they came in and continue to use those for special occasion meals.

averagedork
08-30-2006, 07:58 AM
Go to the Tortilla factory and you get a package of free fresh tortillas. So good. Nothing says Happy Birthday like frest tortillas (being totally honest. I made birthday cinamon crispies).