PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever missed anything?

Pages : [1] 2

dohgusgus
08-29-2006, 11:08 AM
Okay, I don't know how many of you live near Disneyland or are fortunate to go at least once a year but I was wondering, is there any ride you have YET to go on.

For me it's the Astro Orbitor in Tomorrowland. Does anyone else feel like the line NEVER ends?:rolleyes:

I'm going in november for my 18th birthday so maybe I'll get some pixie dust and go on.

annieb727
08-29-2006, 11:18 AM
Okay, I don't know how many of you live near Disneyland or are fortunate to go at least once a year but I was wondering, is there any ride you have YET to go on.

For me it's the Astro Orbitor in Tomorrowland. Does anyone else feel like the line NEVER ends?:rolleyes:

I'm going in november for my 18th birthday so maybe I'll get some pixie dust and go on.

if you REALLY want to go on it, do it FIRST thing...the line is like dumbo - very slow loading! the ride is a lot like dumbo too

for me, it's not a ride, but a couple of shows - I've never been able to see Billy Hill & the Hillbillies (and won't get to this trip :crying: ), nor have I ever seen Snow White (and will never get to), nor have I seen the Electrical Parade (we always go off season, so not much chance of seeing this one either).

DangerMouse
08-29-2006, 11:18 AM
I hate to say it, but you're not missing much. That is my least favorite ride in DL.

Gutz
08-29-2006, 11:25 AM
It's funny, I was just thinking about this recently while eating a meal at Disneyland. I was looking over the gude and checklisting all the rides I've been on in my countless trips to DL over many years. There's only three rides I've never been on: Astro Orbitor (like you) along with Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters and Mad Tea Party. Have a great birthday at the Magic Kingdom.

hlbtimes2
08-29-2006, 11:59 AM
There are rides in DCA that I have not been on, but I think I've been on all of them in Disneyland. There are shows I've missed. I have not seen Billy Hill or Snow White or the flag retreat in the evening. I dont think I've been up in the tree house since the Robinsons moved out and Tarzan took over the place.

Vegitabeta
08-29-2006, 12:23 PM
I haven't been on the teacups or Dumbo in DL, but I have in other parks.

dohgusgus
08-29-2006, 12:29 PM
Thanks! I have always wanted to go to Disneyland for my birthday and this is the first time i get to do it!:D

It's funny, I was just thinking about this recently while eating a meal at Disneyland. I was looking over the gude and checklisting all the rides I've been on in my countless trips to DL over many years. There's only three rides I've never been on: Astro Orbitor (like you) along with Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters and Mad Tea Party. Have a great birthday at the Magic Kingdom.

hbquikcomjamesl
08-29-2006, 12:33 PM
I rode the Rocket Jets once, but have not done so since it was taken down, plopped in the middle of the TL entrance, and rethemed as the Astro Orbiter.

I have never ridden Autopia. Nor have I any interest in doing so.

In DCA, I've not bothered with Mulholland Mistake, the Sun Wheel, California Screamin', any of the Bug's Land kiddie rides, or any of the Paradise Pier carnival games. And I didn't make it to GRR until I was actually there on a day that was rainy without being especially cold.

amarvel
08-29-2006, 12:39 PM
I go every year and last august i was there for 6 days and made it my goal to go on the things i hadnt before, the little transportation vehicles on main street, mark twain, the columbia, etc. the only rides left that i have not done are tower of terror because it was closed one time i went and the other time the line was tooooo long and the ferris wheel in DCA, im a little chicken to go on it, but i know i will one day just so i can say i have been on everything :)

As far as shows I havent seen either of the Aladdin shows or the billy hillbillies show and looks like those will be closed when i am there next month! go figure!

rentayenta
08-29-2006, 01:01 PM
I have never been on the canoes. :eek: I grew up 10 minutes from Disneyland, went weekly as a child and a little less as teen but have somehow never managed to make it onto the canoes. Go figure. Now with the kids we always plan to go on them but something better always comes up.

Vegitabeta
08-29-2006, 01:05 PM
Oh yes, the canoes, never been on those either. Those people always look like they are rowing for dear life! And I've never been on any Tom Sawyer Island in my life!

annieb727
08-29-2006, 04:06 PM
Oh yes, the canoes, never been on those either. Those people always look like they are rowing for dear life! And I've never been on any Tom Sawyer Island in my life!

oh yeah...me too! never been on either - but then i have no desire to so either - my boys will soon be old enough to request it tho :rolleyes:

DangerMouse
08-29-2006, 04:12 PM
The best thing about the canoes is the good looking, bicep-bulging CMs who run the attraction. They're worth going on it once, ladies. I promise. :D

jazzysmom
08-29-2006, 04:12 PM
Oh wow, good question!

I have never done the canoes, Tom Sawyer Island, the Astro Orbitor, Dumbo, or the Teacups. Of those, the only one I am totally unwilling to do is the teacups.

backsthepack
08-29-2006, 04:20 PM
There are a few I have never been on. Mostly because I am afraid of heights and roller coasters! So I miss them by choice.

There are more shows than anything that I have missed.

dznyphreak
08-29-2006, 07:14 PM
I've ridden everything at least once...I wouldn't count the Main St. Vehicles, although I think I've been on all of those too at one point. I've seen all the shows at DL, too. At DCA, I've never seen Playhouse Disney (and don't intend to), but I think I've been on every ride and seen the other shows. I'm one of those people who lives close by (about 40 miles away) and go more than once a year (1-2 times per month). If only DL was in everyone's backyard!

Rockchalker
08-29-2006, 08:55 PM
Oh wow, good question!

I have never done the canoes, Tom Sawyer Island, the Astro Orbitor, Dumbo, or the Teacups. Of those, the only one I am totally unwilling to do is the teacups.

I have to ask.... With 2 little girls, how is it that you have never done Dumbo? :confused: :confused:

Mooshu
08-29-2006, 09:05 PM
We always try to do something we have not done in a couple of years...but I have NEVER been able to make it to the Golden Horseshoe Review. Am I missing anything?

darph nader
08-29-2006, 11:03 PM
Canoes and Golden Horseshoe Review. In the 20+ some odd times i've been there.:(

junglemom
08-30-2006, 05:17 AM
I am another one that hasn't done the canoes. I never rode the Jolly Trolley. In DCA I never saw Golden Dreams, played the the carnival games, or did millionaire or the limo. There are a couple shops I haven't been in too.

Last year when we bought APs is when we really hit all the ones we hadn't done before. It was great, a whole Disneyland for us.

yellowrosedtxn
08-30-2006, 05:40 AM
I haven't gotten to see Billy Hill and the Hill Billies. There are a few things in DCA that I haven't done, like some things with A Bug's Land.

We did do a lot of things that we had not gotten to do a year before. Next year we are planning a trip to WDW and I KNOW there are going to be tons of things we miss. But I know that we can go back again so I am not going to stress myself out on the things that we didn't get to do.

We had a lot of fun on the canoes. It does make you sweat, but if you are lucky you get some little child behind you that splashes you every time they row, so you do get a little relief!! hahahaha

jazzysmom
08-30-2006, 06:21 AM
I have to ask.... With 2 little girls, how is it that you have never done Dumbo? :confused: :confused:

For some reason, they have always went on it with my husband or their grandma & I am left to film & take pictures (they love the ride!). Next time it is my turn!!!!

GrumpyUTboi
08-30-2006, 06:32 AM
I haven't been on Dumbo and the Orbiters. Going around in a circle like that makes me dizzy. I did the tea cups once and the carausel once and got really sick to my stomach. If I take something for the motion sickness, then I get really tired.

Billy Hill is actually really ggood and funny. We love going on the canoes, well my 11 year old son and I do, we like the excerise we get. Half way around the lake everyone else just gives up rowing, so my son and I get even more of a workout.

oregontraveler
08-30-2006, 07:55 AM
I've been on most of the rides, can't remember last time I rode Dumbo though.
There are 2 areas I've never checked out. The petting zoo by Big Thunder and the Redwood Creek play area. I've been in Innoventions but not the Asimo show.

landj
08-30-2006, 09:49 AM
I have never been on the canoes either or the big ship Columbia. Can't think of anything else I have missed.