PDA

View Full Version : Worst Disneyland Experiences

Pages : [1] 2

Lekta
08-29-2006, 09:47 AM
Don't get the wrong idea from this thread, I LOVE DISNEYLAND. What I do find interesting is that when you have a bad experience at Disneyland, it becomes amplified by the fact that in your head, this should be the happiest place on earth and NOTHING should go wrong.

So, share you bad experiences and let me know if you think that the experience was a bit amplified due to being at DL.

My worst experience would certainly be on my last trip when my wife "lost" her ticket in the park. I just could not fathom her dropping it in the park and not having it turned into lost and found. I would NEVER keep a ticket I found in DL. What if this was a small kids ticket and he will never get to come back? How could someone just pocket it?

It is truly beyond me how some people can be so cruel. Suffice to say, we didn't get to go on our last 2 days. Incredoubly sad to be directly across the street from wonderful DL and not be able to go it. We certainly couldn't afford to pay around $70 to go in each day at the gate. I still get sad thinking about it.

notabrady
08-29-2006, 10:07 AM
Sorry to hear that. Did she misplace her ticket somewhere, or did it just disappeared (just curious, since you had "lost" in quotes). If the ticket fell out somewhere, most people would probably not even notice it, or assume that someone left it there as trash...

Anyway, I remember reading somewhere that there is a way to have your ticket replaced if you had lost it...

Lekta
08-29-2006, 10:49 AM
It must have slipped out of her purse pocket as she put it in after going through the ticket booth, that is the only explaination we could come up with.

Believe me, we asked if there was any way to get a replacement ticket. We offered to provide any proof that they needed including the ticket number on the back of the lost ticket, no dice. They only thing they did offer was that if we bought new tickets for the last 2 days and found the lost ticket, they would refund us. Not sufficient when you consider the extra $140 that we may have lost was gas money home.

geoffa
08-29-2006, 10:50 AM
On Mouse Planet:
"The first thing you should do when you buy tickets is make a photocopy of the reverse side (the side with the magnetic stripe). If you lose your ticket, your only hope of getting it replaced is to have the coded information on the back. The seemingly random numbers, letters and dates you'll see in a couple of locations on the backs of your tickets will help Disney replace the tickets if you lose them. Disney will usually reissue a pass if you can provide that information, though it is not obligated to do so: the tickets state that "Disney is not responsible for misplaced, lost or stolen tickets."

If you buy your tickets at the gate, save the receipt, since that can also be used to look up lost tickets. A receipt from a non-Disney source, such as AAA or a ticket broker, won't have any information that helps with replacing tickets, so it is especially important to make a photocopy if you get your tickets that way.

Even a regular receipt from the Disney Store won't have your ticket numbers on it, though reader Kathy R reports that her local Disney Store gave her a separate receipt with the pass numbers on it. I don't know if all Disney Stores do this. If you don't see a serial number on your receipt that matches the info on the back of your tickets, be sure to make a photocopy."

cwillis
08-29-2006, 11:08 AM
when i was on a school group trip in walt disney world, i lost my parkhopper. but somehow they were able to give me another one...

annieb727
08-29-2006, 11:15 AM
wow...that would really be a bummer!! that's one reason I LOVE having an AP - if i lost it, it WOULD be replaced - losing a ticket and not being able to get in again would probably be close to the worst thing that COULD happen at DL! (short of major illnesses or accidents)

JookyG
08-29-2006, 12:57 PM
Maybe it's luck, preparation or plain old positive attitude, but I've never had a bad experience at Disneyland. I'd say I've been there 30-35 times in my life.

Sure, I get it in the shins with strollers, I see people cutting in line, screaming kids, screaming parents, unhappy people, rude people, litterbugs, bla bla bla. But those don't qualify as bad experiences, just quickly forgotten annoyances or people I feel sorry for.

The worst I've had was getting totally drenched in the rain once because I was too stubborn to go buy an umbrella. But after a quick walk back to the hotel and a change of clothes, the park was empty and all the lines were walk-ons. So it turn out to be one of the better experiences. And a learning experience--$8 for an umbrella is worth it!

my2lalas
08-29-2006, 01:25 PM
We were there in January and on the last night my husband and I got very sick. My little one had been sick earlier, but seemed to get over it quickly. The hotel was very good about getting us into a room early so we could take care of her. We were staying at the GCH and had signed my other daughter up for the Build A Bear early entrance thing. We couldn't even pull ourselves out of bed, my poor daughter was so disappointed. Fortunately, we weren't planning on a long day in the parks. We left that day, but boy it was all just too unreal to be that sick at Disneyland. I couldn't even talk about it for days. Thank God it didn't happen sooner in the trip.
Funny thing how we now look back on the trip and remember only the good stuff. :) We'll be at GCH in October and I'm praying everyone stays well!

amarvel
08-29-2006, 01:51 PM
OMG that sounds awful! There was nothing Disney could do? Wow how horrible, i will remember this and make sure my ticket is well protected!

wardkimballfan
08-29-2006, 02:06 PM
This sort of thing never happened back when there were individual ride tickets and ticket books. :geek:

My worst time in the Park was in 1998, right smack dab in the middle of the Pressler/Harris era. Overall, the 90s were a pretty awful time for the Park as it was, but that was the first time I went to Disneyland and found myself getting absolutely furious in the middle of the Hub after having put up with all sorts of indignancies, rude treatment, obnoxious and selfish guests, and other inconveniences during the day. Plus I was still reeling emotionally from the horror show that was Tomorrowland 1998. It was the first time in my life I wanted to just go home rather than stay all day in the Park, because I was seriously not feelin' the magic. Fortunately, I calmed down enough to make it through the rest of the day okay, and subsequent trips to the Park were better (post-Pressler era), but that was a dark experience better left forgotten.

jazzysmom
08-29-2006, 02:23 PM
The day before one of our October anniversary trips I got bit by some horrid spider and my foot swelled to more than twice it's usual size. I barely got a waaaay too big birkenstock to clip around it and hobbled through the park for 5 days. Too young & stupid to not be embarrassed to get a wheelchair...We still had some fun, but it was painfull and far from ideal.

kandyk
08-29-2006, 02:39 PM
Last December my husband got bronchitis the day before our 5 day DL trip and I got it the day after we arrived, however we didn't know thats what we had until after the trip. I remember not wanting to miss my balcony seating for Fantasmic and after I stumbled my way back to our hotel room I discovered I had 102 temp. :(
We still had lots of fun but took a ton of medication to try and feel half human.

DwoernAdale
08-29-2006, 02:39 PM
Our worst experience was a lost ticket as well. It was our last trip during the insane heat and humidity the third week in July. Sunday the 23rd it poured rain but we were determined to get into the park and at least make our fastpass run that morning, as we were moving from the Carousel to the DLH that afternoon.

My wife, daughter(5), and myself sprinted to the park laughing at how soaked we were getting. Well, my wife and me were anyway, my daughter had pleaded to take her Aurora umbrella before we left home and we packed it thankfully, so she was fairly dry. When we got into the park me and DD went into the Emporium to stand in line for rain ponchos while DW ran for space mountain fastpasses. We got our ponchos and went out to watch the rain from under the awning of the Emporium and after a bit my wife came up Main St. crying her eyes out. I immediately thought she had lost her wedding ring somehow, dont know why but I did.

Apparently she had put our tickets into the fastpass machine at Space and had taken a couple of steps away as she finished. She realized right away that she was missing a ticket. When she turned back the ticket was gone. She burst into tears on the spot and begged whoever had taken it to return it to no avail. This was all in the space of about 20 seconds she said, so she knew the culprit had to still be right there at another machine or walking away, but no one fessed up. The CM gave her a replacement for that day but niether they nor City Hall could do much else.

Keep in mind this was an 8 day park hopper from AAA with enhanced fastpass :(

We went to lost and found and were told the same thing as the poster above. The good news was we were on our 5th day at that point, the bad news, that I had been told years ago that enhaced fastpass tickets could only be sent from Florida. This turned out to no longer be true thank goodness. A trip to the WDTC in DTD and $160 later we had a new ticket with enhanced fastpass and our trip was back on course! We were down some spending money but all felt about as relieved as we possibly could.

We called lost and found everyday for the rest of the trip but it was never returned, which is what I expected given the circumstances of how it was taken.

I think I must have said, "How could someone do that?" about a thousand times since then. How could they stand there as a beautiful woman cried her eyes out and not give it back? Somebody has some serious karmic debt to pay off!

The rest of the trip was the best ever!!! and the mini tradgedy was put behind us with a few margaritas from the Lost Bar and a dip in the Neverland pool. Needless to say DW was hyper vigilant at the fastpass machines from there on out. :)

The old man
08-29-2006, 02:42 PM
Seeing parents spank their children.

Sorry. :)

PicoEd
08-29-2006, 02:49 PM
Driving during a rainy day at the Autopia was my worst experience. The thing was flooded and it was like a hurricane at Disneyland that

leota's necklace
08-29-2006, 08:18 PM
My worst experiences always seem to center around adults behaving like idiots in front of their kids. The one I remember most clearly was a man I watched at the Monorail platform in TL. The gates were shut before he and his little girl could get on (they were among a LOT of people who had to wait for the next train, it wasn't just them), and his little girl, obviously tired, started to cry. Instead of comforting her, he pulled her up to the front of the line where the CM's could see her and stated EGGING HER ON. "You want to go? Huh? You want to ride the ride? Yeah? You want to go?" And the whole time she's nodding and crying harder and harder, until she's howling and nearly hyperventilating, and then he looks at the CM at the load gate and smugly says "then tell the man."

I was ready to leap over that gate and choke him with my bare hands.

I Heart Disneyland!
08-29-2006, 08:22 PM
I was grossed out by a big, fat rat racing by me in Adventureland, in May! ha!

Rockchalker
08-29-2006, 08:35 PM
My worst experiences always seem to center around adults behaving like idiots in front of their kids. The one I remember most clearly was a man I watched at the Monorail platform in TL. The gates were shut before he and his little girl could get on (they were among a LOT of people who had to wait for the next train, it wasn't just them), and his little girl, obviously tired, started to cry. Instead of comforting her, he pulled her up to the front of the line where the CM's could see her and stated EGGING HER ON. "You want to go? Huh? You want to ride the ride? Yeah? You want to go?" And the whole time she's nodding and crying harder and harder, until she's howling and nearly hyperventilating, and then he looks at the CM at the load gate and smugly says "then tell the man."

I was ready to leap over that gate and choke him with my bare hands.

I don't get parents like this. They spend all this money to make their kids happy by taking them to DL, and then they treat them like this? It always makes me wonder what their home life is like. In fact, I wonder if it guilt for abusing a child that makes them want to take them to DL.

DianeM
08-29-2006, 08:42 PM
My mother gave me a trip to Disneyland for Christmas. Well, enough money to take a cheap trip, anyway. We went right after christmas for a three day trip. The crowds the first day were so bad that they had closed the parking lot by the time we got there at about a half hour after opening. We decided to wait a day to see if it got less crowded. It wasn't. I've never seen so many people in my life. A CM even commented that she had never seen it that busy. New Orleans square looked like a mosh pit, during the daytime (this was long before Fantasmic). You literally couldn't move, it was that crowded. That was when I started getting edgy about crowds, and I've never knowingly visited when it was likely to be that busy since.

Phantom2006
08-29-2006, 09:33 PM
I think Disneyland should really make you sign the ticket and tie your name with the ticket number. If you lose it just go get another one. They might want a small fee though.

animagusurreal
08-30-2006, 01:07 AM
My sympathies for those who lost tickets, that would be so upsetting. Last time, I kept checking mine to make sure it was still there about once every ten minutes (luckily, it was).

My worst trip would probably be when I went to DCA for the first time with my then-girlfriend, lets call her "Trina" for the purposes of this story.

Trina's father asked her what she wanted for Christmas, and she told him a trip to DCA with me. At the time, I was not yet back into Disney parks yet (I hadn't been to DL in four years, or to DCA at all), but slowly I became more and more excited. (And, as I became more excited, Trina would say that she was thinking of telling him she wanted her other choice for a Christmas present instead, a digital camera).

We tried to book train tickets, but they wouldn't let us. We were told we would have to take a bus from Santa Maria to the train station in Santa Barbara, but they couldn't guarantee us a seat on the train. We were scared that we would wind up stranded in Santa Barbara, and we had already booked a hotel for that night. When we actually got on the train, however, we discovered that most of the seats were available. We sat on the second story. I had never been on a (real, non-DL) train before, so I was excited. We had brought along a sketchbook and Trina was intently drawing me an elaborate love note, so we weren't really talking, but every time I looked out the large window at the pretty scenery, she told me she wanted me to look at her the entire time. After several arguments over this kind of thing, we came to Los Angeles, with the sun setting just beyond the skyline, and I commented how beautiful it was. She said she didn't know how I couldn't think a city was beautiful - cities were big and cold and scary, she said, and if I thought it was beautiful, maybe we weren't meant to be together.

We arrived in Anaheim and waited in the train station until our cab arrived, while watching The Simpsons on a T.V. they had in there. This was to be one of the best and most harmonious moments of our trip.

After checking in to our hotel, we walked to Downtown Disney and had dinner at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen, which was very good, if overpriced (Trina was a cuisine lover, so dining in a fancy restaurant was an important part of the trip for her). Then, we went to a few shops, but when everything was closing and we went to leave, Trina was afraid to walk back to the hotel. When we reached the empty Esplenade, (the parks were closed as well), she talked me into dancing with her to the still-playing ambient music. This was fun in a surreal sort of way - for a moment, until she began complaining that I was leading her in circles and she was getting dizzy, etc. Eventually, I managed to talk her into walking back to the hotel.

The next day, we woke up much later than expected (I think our alarm didn't go off or something) and we went dashing downstairs to check out and then get to the parks. I was lugging a large, now-empty cooler which we had brought with us on the train (for sandwiches) and some other luggage too. We could only afford to stay one night, and we taking the bus back the same day we went to DCA. (The last train back left too early). Anyway, as we ran down the street, Trina realized that she had lost her sunglasses, and decided to stop in a shop on Harbor to get another pair. (This becomes important later).

Finally, we arrived at the DLR. She stood in line to get the tickets, while I went to put the cooler, etc., in the lockers. I spent an inordinate, exasperating amount of time trying to get some piece of luggage to fit in one of the lockers, and actually wound up carrying the empty cooler around the rest of the day. Then, Trina found me and said that she hadn't been able to buy the tickets because she didn't have an ID at the time (she was waiting for it to arrive in the mail) so she couldn't buy the SoCal discount tickets. So we both waited in line to get the tickets with my ID, and finally got into the park around 4:30 p.m., needing to leave at about 8:30 p.m. in order to catch the bus back. But were we ever relieved to have made it in at all. We shared a fleeting moment of joy.

We hadn't eaten yet that day, so the first thing we did was go eat at the now-gone Hollywood & Dine food court. Trina had a thing about soggy french-fries, so she kept sending them back. She and the cook began to argue, and I still don't know whose side to take (niether, I think ;) ).

We did the Animation Building and then Millionaire, but on the way out of the latter, Trina noticed her new sunglasses were missing. The following is a dramatized version of what happened next from a play I'm writing called "Escape from Trinaland":

(Happy ambient music plays underneath throughout the following).

Trina: (sharply) Where are my sunglasses?

Trent: Uh-oh. Where did you see them last?

Trina: I hooked them to the backpack, Trent.

Trent: (defensively) You're not blaming me!

Trina: (viciously) It was your fault, Trent!

Trent: Well, what were they doing hooked onto the outside of the backpack?! Of course they fell off! (turns to the audience, unbelievingly) She can't do this in The Happiest Place on Earth! Well, technically we're in California Adventure, so...Second Happiest? Well, maybe after the Disney World parks...well, anyway, it's happy!

Trina: (quickly, getting more and more angry as she goes) I was so upset about losing my other sunglasses my Grandma bought me special for like, 90 dollars, and then I found these and I was so happy because they were so inexpensive but they were perfect! I couldn't even believe I found sunglasses that perfect! And now you lost them! You lost them! And now we'll have to go all the way back there and see if they found them and if they didn't the sun will be in my eyes the entire day and I won't be able to enjoy anything unless - you'd better hope that they either have them there or else that I can find another pair exactly like those somewhere here and we can't do anything else until I find them, or maybe we'll even have to leave the park and go back to that store where I bought them and then we'll have wasted all that time that we could have been here and we'll be wasting all the money that my father paid for this - and then you'll have to pay for them and I know you can't afford it and you still owe me for those jeans you spilled bleach on and those were my favorite jeans -

Trent: (Bursts out, snarling loudly) OHHHHHHHHHHH, ZIP-PUTTY-DOO-DAH! ZIP-PUTTY-AY!

Trina: Stop it, Trent! You're trying to embarrass me on purpose, just like my mother used to to!

Trent: MY - OH - MY! WOTTA WUNDAFUL DAY!

Trina: Trent!

Trent: (sighs, calming down) Look....Trina, we've only got 3 more hours here - do you really want to spend that time mad at me over sunglasses?

Trina: You really think that this is just about sunglasses, Trent? Could you really be that dense?!

Trent: So...you're not really mad at me? This is really about...your mother?

Trina: No, I am also really mad at you! I loved those sunglasses!

Trent: (Sigh) Trina, I'm sorry...but just because your mother died...

Trina: JUST because my mother died?

Trent: ...doesn't give you the right to be mean to everybody all the time.

Trina: JUST because my mother died?

Trent: Well, maybe that's a poor choice of words...but it doesn't give you the right...

Trina: What do you mean, 'gives me the right?' I don't need to justify my feelings to you, Trent! I'm dealing with my mother's death, Trent, and I think I'm doing amazingly well! I think that the fact that I came on this trip at all is incredible! You don't have to deal with that! Your mother's alive! So, excuse me if your problems seem just a little insignificant compared to what I'm feeling because you - can't - even - imagine - it. So, if I get a little angry I need you to just deal with it.

Trent's stepfather, Donald, appears across the stage in a different memory.

Donald: If I get angry, I need you to just bear with me for a minute...

Trina and Donald: (in unison, increasingly tense.) And if you do, pretty soon I'll just calm down and everything will be fine. But if you fight me on it, it's just going to get worse and worse and worse and worse and worse, Trent.

Trina: I don't think that's too much to ask for, compared to what I'm going through. Now I want you to take back what you said to me!

Trent: (quiet, composed) I'm sorry you're hurting.

Trina: Take back what you said, Trent!

Trent: I know I'm not dealing with anything like what you're dealing with, but it's strange for me, too.

Trina: I don't care. Take it back!

Trent: I've never even been in a relationship before

Trina: Niether have I, plus I'm dealing with this!

Trent: I've never been around a grieving person before.

Trina: Take it back!

Trent: And given what I've gone through in the past few years, however much less it is that what you have, I'm not equipped to deal with this right now!

Trina: Take it back right now, Trent!

Trent: I'm sorry if I worded it incorrectly, and maybe you have the..."right"...or whatever to be mad all the time, but I'm not going to be your punching bag...and I have a right to say that!

Trina: Well, I have all the money, Trent. Good luck finding a way home!

(Trina storms off, but hides in a corner and continues watching Trent.)

Trent: (begins to follow Trina, then stops in his tracks, pulls off the backpack, and falls onto it, using it like a pillow) AAAAAAAAAARGGHHHHHH!
An elderly SECURITY GUARD enters and approaches Trent.

Guard: (Evenly toned) You alright, son?

Trent: (distraught) Yeah...

Guard: Well, if you can't pull yourself together, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave. You're detracting from the other guests' experience.

Trent: (Getting up, sounding less distraught and more lost.) No, no...I'll be allright...I understand...

Guard: What happened?

Trent: Oh, my girlfriend...her mother died last year and she...was screaming at me...and...she's got all the money and she threatened to leave me stranded here...though I've got her backpack!

Guard: Yeah, she probably won't leave without that.

Trent: (Looks around) But I dunno where she went now. And I dunno if I want to see her again....ever.

Guard: Well, where ya from?

Trent: Santa Maria.

Guard: Hmmm...that's a long way. Can you call somebody?

Trent: Yeah, I guess I could call my parents and...ask them to come down and get me.

Trina: (Hearing this and rushing over to Trent) No, don't call them!
(She embraces Trent. He is in shock. )

Guard: So, is everything gonna be alright between you two?

Trina: Yes, it is.

Guard: (firmly) Well, if not, you're gonna have to take it outside the park. This isn't the place for that.

Trent: I understand.

Guard: Have a nice day...(exits.)

In the play, this is where we make up, but actually we began arguing again as we went to use our fastpasses for The Power of Blast! at the Hyperion, though somehow we made up again before the show began. (I thought the "Bolero" opening number was amazing, but trumpet tossing acrobatics went only so far for me). After this, we went to Paradise Pier and I fastpassed Screamin'. While waiting for the fastpass to come up, we went to the Boudin Bakery exhibit, which I found comparable to watching an episode of Alton Brown's "Good Eats" on TV at home, except Alton would have probably done it better. Trina then wanted to do the games of the boardwalk. My fastpass time came up, and I wanted to go on the ride (Trina didn't like coasters), but Trina insisted I stay and watch her play a few more boardwalk games before I went.

After the ride, I wanted to do Muppet*Vision, but Trina wanted to go on the "romantic" carousel, which we did. We were both afraid to jump down from the horses at the end of the ride, which was actually rather amusing.

I went to fastpass Soarin', (the other ride Trina was afraid of but said that I could go on without her),but they were already out of fastpass. I was like, what?! Fastpass can run out?! (This trip was my first experience with the system). The line was pretty long, and I agreed not to go on it.

We went and did some more stuff in Animation Building, then went to see the Electrical Parade, which Trina hadn't seen before. By this time, we had missed the bus back home and the next train didn't come 'til about 7 a.m. We tried to look on the positive side, that we would get to spend some time in Downtown Disney, and that we would take the (faster, presumably more comfortable) train home instead of the bus. But then, when I went to retrieve the cooler from the locker (I don't know why I was doing it then and not after we were done) I discovered that the slip of paper with the combination had fallen out of my wallet. Luckily, the CM at Guest Relations was very nice and opened it for us. Then, I realized that I was no longer carrying the cooler, but luckily, it had been turned in to lost and found.

We went to the World of Disney store, where Trina insisted that I look at only what she was interested in, so I could buy her the right present (to be fair, she bought me a plush Elliot (Pete's Dragon) that played the Electrical Parade theme song).

We hung around Downtown Disney for a few hours until it closed, then we went across Harbor to Denny's, where we ordered pancakes. After we ate, we were both so tired we fell asleep slumped over on the table. The staff was incredibly understanding, and actually apologized for waking us when they came near us to vacuum.

This was another one of the best, most harmonious moments of the trip.

In the morning, we took a cab back to the train station. Trina evidently had about as good of a time as I did, because on the train she told me we would have to pretend to have had a good time when her father asked us about it. Luckily, we were too tired to argue much over looking out the window or the beauty of city skylines on the trip back.

Luckily, the thirty-something other trips I've taken didn't go like that :)

jswtsang
08-30-2006, 06:53 AM
My boyfriend bought me a pass to Disneyland for my birthday. When we went to park, some people cut us off, so when he went to park he was a bit close to them. I was careful getting out but my backpack hit their door. They assume I hit them with the car door and started yelling things like "I wouldn't worry about your car or anything, or say SORRY!" I don't talk to strangers and crazy people so I just left. My b/f took a photo of their car to be safe and we went to Disneyland. In fact they were smoking up when he went back to take the photo but we didn't tell on them or anything. We had a wonderful day at DL and then came back to find someone (we believe those angry people) threw juice all over the car, french fries, beer and keyed his car. His NEW car. it was all very dissapointing. They also scratched the car behind them, and threw juice there, as that car had scratches/juice on it, unless that was a weird coincidence. Apparently Disney does not take a photo of everyone's license plate, as we had a good description of the truck, and they didn't have it. To top it off, the photo that my b/f took had glare on it so we never got the license #, and that was the end of it. Luckily he still takes me, b/c if that were my first trip to DL since I was a kid, I'm not sure if I would have wanted to go back.

jt

ghoofie
08-30-2006, 07:20 AM
OMG that sounds awful! There was nothing Disney could do? Wow how horrible, i will remember this and make sure my ticket is well protected!

We were with two other couples who had purchased 2-day hoppers. They evening of the first day, one of the gals lost her ticket. She went to city hall . They gave her a ticket to be used for FP the rest of the evening..and told her to go to customer service at DCA and they gave her a ticket to enter the next day. One thing that might have helped is that she WAS already in the park and her husband and other couple all had 2-day hoppers, so why wouldn't she I guess. I guess we're just too honest looking :D

averagedork
08-30-2006, 07:38 AM
The day of the Pirate's premire, as we were leaving the park and forced on the red-carpet route, there was a kid who pulled up my dress and showed my tush to the whole red carpet and said "White!" One of the parents at my school saw it. We had made reservations for Granville's, but they were like "we are barely squeezing you in." Went to Granvilles to get a nice dinner, ordered the Gran Prix meal and asked for it split. Normally that means they split it. They didn't. So my friend went to make a phone call and our steak came. Not split! I was like "uh..." and they asked "what's wrong?" and I said "I paid for the split charge, and everytime we've had that it's split for us." They asked if they could take it back. I said no, let me wait for my friend to come back (I've seen "Waiting" I know what they do to food! Plus I was mad. My tush was just seen all down the red carpet. Guilana Depandi probably saw it!). Well we were one of 3 groups there. There were no more than 5 customers in the restuaraunt. So I am sitting and I hear "the girl with the Gran Prix meal is being really weird. She's just weird!" from the KITCHEN! I am sitting on the other end of the restaurant, and everyone is looking at me now. My whole body was boiling! The waiter came back and asked if everything was all right, I said I needed to talk to the manager. My friend came back and she was like "uh-oh." and I told her what happened. She was just like "oh, that's not good." I talked to the manager and was like "Look I've had a bad day as it is. I just wanted a steak, a good dessert, and my tush not shown to the whole place. I was told that we were going to be a tight squeeze here because you were so full and there's no one here. Yet everyone here heard I was being weird." I got the meal comped, but still! I don't want to hear that I am weird. I am sensitive about that stuff and ARGH! I haven't gone to Granville's since and it was one of my favorite restaraunts at the park.

mad4mky
08-30-2006, 09:11 AM
Worst trip ev-ah...for me...

I went with my then 'boyfriend' (who is now my husband ...2nd marriage), my 3 girls, and...his spoiled, rude...teenage son. :(

His kid was the worst to be around. Quiet, sullen, and complained about everything.
He snubbed me and the girls, and then boyfriend 'doted' on his kid. To the point that I got nautious watching.

Boyfriend and I got in our first fight ever. It was bad. Arguing in front of the Rivers of America.:( He and his son stormed out of DL. I told him "Don't EVER yell at me at DLR!!!":mad:

The girls and I went on to have a GRAND time alone. Those two dummies left the park...yet didn't have the keys to the car (my car)...or the key to the motel room.
But,even at Knott's...we ditched the guys and had a great time.:)

I almost told that man when we returned from DLR, "don't bother calling me again..."

Many of you MPers have met my husband. There was a wise voice in the back of my head that kept repeating..."Don't let this one get away...";)

I decided to let him call again.:D ;)