PDA

View Full Version : Re: Early Admission

peasy
05-08-2002, 07:09 PM
I have heard rumors that they are doing away with early admission due to low attendance numbers. Trying to cut back on costs. Does anyone know if this is true? I am going in October and one of the perks I am getting is unlimited early admission. I sure would be bummed if there was NO early admission! I am staying at the Disneyland Hotel for the first time and I am EXTREMLEY excited!!!:D

MonorailMan
05-08-2002, 07:11 PM
Nope, Early Admission (Magic Mornings) were gone a few months ago. :(

MouseWife
05-08-2002, 08:37 PM
Who told you that you would be getting unlimited early admission? Or is it just that you remember that as being a perk?

Yep, it has been a few months. Maybe quite a few months, actually.

But your trip timing seems like it will be great anyway, as far as lines go.

SoCalSnowWhite
05-08-2002, 08:43 PM
i stayed at the GC last month and asked about early admission. The y told me it was done away with. I think it has to do with the whole 9/11 thing.

tabacco
05-08-2002, 09:34 PM
Early admission going away has NOTHING to do with 9/11. Think about it. Early admission required that attractions and foods cast members be on hand to staff all of tomorrowland, fantasyland, and main street. That's a lot of man-hours. By doing away with that they save a lot of money.

Uncle Dick
05-08-2002, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by tabacco
Early admission going away has NOTHING to do with 9/11. Think about it. Early admission required that attractions and foods cast members be on hand to staff all of tomorrowland, fantasyland, and main street. That's a lot of man-hours. By doing away with that they save a lot of money.
I think what SCSW meant is that the economic slowdown that resulted after the terrorist attacks caused Disney to cut back on certain fiscally imprudent programs, including Magic Mornings, rather than the program being discontinued as a direct result of the terrorist threat.

SoCalSnowWhite
05-08-2002, 11:00 PM
Awww, uncle Dick, that was sweet of you.... it did sound a little rude didn't it?

funnygarcia
05-09-2002, 03:47 PM
Here is the info on early admission from my disney travel pkg...

" Early admission"
"Guests have told us that an early start to their theme park day is important , so effective January 7, 2002, Disneyland park will open one hour earlier than normal each day , for ALL park guests.
In order to accomodate this change , we will be ending our former Walt Disney Travel Company "Early Admission" program. ............................"

Yeah whatever..... Why not call it what it is- we want to save money so too bad if you want to come early(or stay late ) and we are too cheap to have fireworks during the week ......
oh well- I still plan to have a great time when we go in 19 days!!!

Hopefully next yr will be better!

peasy
05-09-2002, 07:17 PM
Thanks so much for all of your information. I'm so sad! I loved early admission. Since we will be there in October during the week the park hours will probably noon to 4 p.m....! I was really counting on the multiple early admissions. I have a 2002-2003 Disneyland resort pamphlet from AAA with whom I booked the packed and it says guests of the Disneyland hotel will receive unlimited early admissions. With an * saying that they reserve the right to do away with them at any time. Wish I would have known before I booked! It was one of the reasons I booked the Disneyland hotel specifically. I do understand that it cost a lot of money though. If it helps keep the economy strong post 9-11 and it was a wise business decision I will stand behind them 100%!

MagicBeliever
05-09-2002, 07:23 PM
During our last visit to the park, we noticed that early admissions had gotten so popular that it wasn't really saving much time at all. We were able to go on one or two rides before normal park hours, and the park was more crowded than expected. We did manage to get some great pictures, and the early morning weather was perfect, but I still think the Disneyland Hotel is worth everything even without the early admission. :)

EandCDad
05-10-2002, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by peasy
Thanks so much for all of your information. I'm so sad! I loved early admission. Since we will be there in October during the week the park hours will probably noon to 4 p.m....! I was really counting on the multiple early admissions. I have a 2002-2003 Disneyland resort pamphlet from AAA with whom I booked the packed and it says guests of the Disneyland hotel will receive unlimited early admissions. With an * saying that they reserve the right to do away with them at any time. Wish I would have known before I booked! It was one of the reasons I booked the Disneyland hotel specifically. I do understand that it cost a lot of money though. If it helps keep the economy strong post 9-11 and it was a wise business decision I will stand behind them 100%!

The good news for you peasy is that if you are going mid week in October you will find the part virtually deserted from about 9am to 11am. Just get there early (about 8:30) and be ready for them to drop the rope at the end of main street at 9. You will get your run of most rides. It doesn't make up for paying a premium to stay at the Disneyland Hotel but you are actually going during a great time.

mikala
05-10-2002, 09:55 AM
In my opinion, if I have to choose between early admission, and keeping rides, shops, and restaurants opened, I would choose the latter.

While I have enjoyed the early admission many times, we have learned that being able to space out your day with shopping, a pool dip, or even hanging at ESPN is great. This has allowed us more ooomph (or something like it) to have a non-stop experience without feeling dead tired.

We enjoy hanging at the hotel too.