PDA

View Full Version : How far ahead to book?

Pat-n-Eil
08-29-2006, 09:23 AM
I have a dilemma..

I am planning my trip to DLR next June. My father and his ladyfriend are taking care of their own arrangements. I am taking care of booking for my immediate family (me, wife & son) and also my daugher wants me to book for her & her boyfriend at the same time and she'll pay us back.

We've talked about various lodging options and I believe my dad is going into the Grand Californian, but we're going on a tighter budget and I am pushing for the Howard Johnson Hotel. We are also going to fly instead of drive and that is really the crux of my dilemma.

Right now, on a couple of websites I can book that far in advance (including the Disney website) if I book the whole vacation but I can't seem to get just the airfare from the airlines this far in advance and the cost of airfare from sites like Disney is a little higher than the airlines own website.

So here's my question - is there a better long term website out there than Disney or am I just trying too early here.

Malcon10t
08-29-2006, 09:51 AM
So here's my question - is there a better long term website out there than Disney or am I just trying too early here.Have you tried AAA and Getawaytoday.com?

Pat-n-Eil
08-29-2006, 10:31 AM
Have you tried AAA and Getawaytoday.com?

Yes.. AAA works but just like the Disneyland site you cannot book two rooms.. I guess I'd have to make two separate reservations.

Getawaytoday.com can't book that far out.

Anybody have Willie's number at Hojo? Does he have a direct line or do I need to just call the main number and ask for him?

Malcon10t
08-29-2006, 10:43 AM
Yes.. AAA works but just like the Disneyland site you cannot book two rooms.. I guess I'd have to make two separate reservations.

Getawaytoday.com can't book that far out.

Anybody have Willie's number at Hojo? Does he have a direct line or do I need to just call the main number and ask for him?Except for getawaytoday.com, I have never gotten a better deal booking thru WDTC and AAA for a package. I usually book the componants seperately myself. That way I also have the option of cancelling a room without paying a cancellation fee. In general, I will book several rooms seeing where I get the best deal. Often, some deal will come up just before I go, and this way I have the option of getting in on it. Always remember to ask for all the discounts available to you. (for me, AAA, AP holder, Entertainment, and I check to see if they honor any of my airline or mypoints.com options.)

Malcon10t
08-29-2006, 10:49 AM
Just checking a vague June 2007 date (June 3-9) Expedia shows me a price of $153 RT per person on Aloha.

DangerMouse
08-29-2006, 10:50 AM
Anybody have Willie's number at Hojo? Does he have a direct line or do I need to just call the main number and ask for him?

I always exchange emails with Willie. He is very good about helping through email. Here's his addy:

william.simpson@hojoanaheim.com

Pat-n-Eil
08-29-2006, 11:55 AM
I always exchange emails with Willie. He is very good about helping through email. Here's his addy:

william.simpson@hojoanaheim.com

Thank you.

dlandnut
08-29-2006, 01:17 PM
I have already booked our vacation for next June through AAA. Yippee!!! :)